Costs ?

I have read some posts about refridgerators in the rooms along with some

sodas and other goodies. You are charged if you open them. Which brings

my question. What exactly does the money we pay cover? I would assume

that the fuel and port fees. I know that we won't eat more than $100.00

while on the four night cruise. Seems like these goodies would be free.

Just wondering.

:confused:

What is included:(not inclusive).

1) All meals, snacks(available almost 24 hours) and most meal beverages(soda is not included)

2) Room service(all food and beverages you don't pay for in the eating areas. Tipping highly suggested)

3) All recreational areas.

4) Shows

What is an extra: (not inclusive)

1) Soda/soft drinks (you can purchase a soda sticker that entitles you to unlimited fountain soda throughout you cruise. This is good for each person who buys the sticker. Cost: $6 times the number of days in your cruise plus a 15% gratuity.) (No fountain drinks with room service)

2) Booze and wine

3) That mini refrigerator

4) Bottled water

5) Gambling and Bingo

6) Spa treatments

7) Internet access and e-mails(receive and send)

8) Tipping. For beverages purchased on board a 15% gratuity will be added. For the wait and room staff you do that at the end of the cruise. They work very hard. Other tips as appropriate.

9) Speciality restaurant(Portofino's, Chops, etc.)

10) Some speciality food items like Ben and Jerry's

You can easily get through a cruise without paying anything extra and have a great time however very few here would considering tipping something you should skip.

Think about the cost is you went to a great resort. How much per day would you pay just for a room? How much more would the food cost you? Look at the cost per day you are paying for your cruise. A bargin.

Sounds like your first cruise and you are a little apprehensive. You'll have a great time.

The "refrigerator" in your cabin is really a mini-bar refrigerator like you find in most hotels. There are sodas, liquor, snacks, etc. at a high prices. Anything you consume from the mini bar, will be charged to your sea pass account.

On our very first day, we always ask our cabin steward to remove all the contents from the mini bar and then have him/her sign the mini bar form that he removed everything. Then we can put a few of our own sodas in there although the temperature is not as cold as in a real refrigerator.

The reason we have the steward sign that he removed everything is that I have read some posts on this board that said after they returned home from the cruise their credit card was "charged" the entire contents of the mini bar even though nothing had been consumed. With the "signed" form, if we are ever charged, we have proof that everything had been removed on the first day.

"I know that we won't eat more than $100.00

while on the four night cruise. "

You're kidding right?

Fast food for two people for four days will approach $100 - I doubt it would exceed that amount but you’ll come close. The ship food will far exceed that of fast food.

If you choose - you can eat like a king while on board with a level of service that will exceed the best you have ever had. I can say this because of your $100 comment. A single high-end meal will run you close to $100.

I'm not trying to be nasty but to think that two of you will be eating for 4 days while on vacation for that amount and then starting a conversation with that assumption is simply not accurate.

At any rate - I'm sure you will be very happy on your cruise and you'll find that the crew will go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. Have fun!

Just wondering.

I´m sure you will get a room too. :rolleyes: Otherwise don´t worry about the mini-bar. They are only in the staterooms. :cool:

I hope you're kidding when you say you won't eat $100. worth of food in four days. That's $25.per day for one person for 3 meals plus extra snacks except for certain beverages.

Not sure where you could go for 3 full meals for that money.

Norma

Hmmm....

Well considering that I don't eat breakfast. Well, breakfast for me is

water most of the time. I normally eat a decent lunch then a very light

dinner. Normally when we go to Sizzler I get the salad bar for $6.99

and only eat one plate and that is a small amount of salad, chicken wings,

onion rings and a iced tea or Pepsi. There are days were I don't even

reach my caloric intake due to the fact that I drink mostly water. There

is more to life than eating.

I am sure that we will have a good time on the cruise. :D

There are days were I don't even

for someone who has little interest in food it seems strange that this post and your previous post concerns eating?:rolleyes:

Since I changed over to a low carb life... I do not constantly think about food either, but I still eat more than $100 in 4 days. And no offense but too much water is NOT good for you. There comes a point of water intoxication. And if you stay under 1000 calories a day, your body actually goes into starvation mode and not only will you not lose ( or maintain) weight and your body then stores fat, but depletes muscles. And even if all you ate was salad 2x a day it would still be more than $100. Even At McDonald's the salads are more. But to be honest, I doubt you will only eat a salad at each meal. I do not go off my low carb way of eating while on a cruise but still eat more overall because I am more active, plus the sea air gives you an appetite.

Am I the only one seeing that 2 different threads are getting totally mixed up? I see a thread about snacks and another about Hotwire, all mixed up. Very strange indeed.

I noticed too and was going to point it out but I see the poster is fairly new and he started this thread so he probably just kept asking questions on this one and thought it was easier and less confusing to just answer the question.

Darchibald.

I am sorry but it appears you have not done your HOMEWORK.

Cruise Critic is absolutely full of many time cruisers that would disagree.

You would simply have to read the threads of Cruise Critic and common sense would not agree with your coments.

Subject Closed.

Hmmm....

Well then you might try to consider this cruise line:

http://www.easycruise.com

You have to pay extra for all your food as there is nothing included but your room and transportation.

EasyCruise.com.

Do the homework and simply convert the exchange rate.

Another good product to compare is the Alaskan Marine Highway.A absolute wonderful experience.However it really is a (MacDonalds on Sea)although you can bring your sandwiches.You can also pitch a tent on the Boat Deck under the heaters.

Both the Above work out to be more than the best prices on any Cruise Line.

So Please Please Do Your Homework.

Just wondering.

Maybe part of the fare/price is to recover the cost of that $300M-$400M Ship you're sailing on!! Just a thought..............

Hmmm....

All that said and you want the "goodies" in the fridge?

Yes,there is more to life than eating,especially on a cruise ship.You get a cabin on a beautiful ship,incredible entertainment of every kind,every activity under the sun,you get to travel to different places without ever having to unpack at each port,you are waited on hand and foot,the food is available 24/7 if you want it and you comparing it to Sizzler is like comparing apples to oranges and just unfair.Maybe I am underestimating Sizzler it's been a few years and maybe they have added waiters,linen table cloths,changed their decor and maybe added a piano player.There is more to life than eating but without it you wouldn't have a life.You say you don't care about the food but then start a couple threads about it.Relax,concentrate on the positives and not the negatives.Have a great cruise.

Archived