Should I change rrom PR to Inside?

mom2NnB

I have a PR room booked for February? Now there is a HUGE (0ver $500.00) difference between the PR and the Inside guarantee.

Dont care about the window (or loss of PR window), dont care its Inside cabin. My concern is midship to front or back. Had an Inside with 4 people and it wasnt a problem. Dont spend much time in room anyway.

Does the location of room on EOS really make a difference? Do you feel more movement on outer points versus midship? Will I be more likely to get seasick in the front or back?

HELP!!!! Need to know if I should change and save over $500.00. Could reallllly use the savings, but dont want to ruin cruise being sick.

Front and aft you will feel more motion on any ship if you hit big seas. Some will tell you no matter where you are, you will feel it so who cares.

If you got the inside guarantee, you might even get another PR cabin.

Sometimes if you really dont like your location, RCL will allow you to move to a empty cabin that isnt booked more midship.

That would be an easy decision for me - go for the savings! Like someone else posted - you could easily end up back in the PR cabin. I called seven times on my last cruise and got seven credits when the prices dropped and still ended up in a better cabin than I started with, plus saved $400.00.

I don't get seasick and find that people who do will get sick no matter where they are. It's an inner ear thing. The conditions of the seas determine the sway. The higher up you go you'll feel more, yet that's where the most expensive cabins are. Very front and low is choppy, but an inside guarantee is almost always on the higher floors.

Think of what that $500 will buy.

OK you've convinced me. Waiting for TA to call back to make this change. With taxes the savings is $630. Woohoo!!!

It's a Q - Interior guarantee - is this an ok level. Just want a Queen bed (bed together) and shower. My wants aren't much. :D

I have a PR room booked for February? Now there is a HUGE (0ver $500.00) difference between the PR and the Inside guarantee.

Dont care about the window (or loss of PR window), dont care its Inside cabin. My concern is midship to front or back. Had an Inside with 4 people and it wasnt a problem. Dont spend much time in room anyway.

Does the location of room on EOS really make a difference? Do you feel more movement on outer points versus midship? Will I be more likely to get seasick in the front or back?

HELP!!!! Need to know if I should change and save over $500.00. Could reallllly use the savings, but dont want to ruin cruise being sick.

Don't change to a cave, oops, I mean an inside cabin :D

There are very few actual Q cabins and they are scattered on different levels. Chances are you won't really get a Q but a higher level. Could be an N, could be as high as an L.

They will all be the same as far as square footage. Once you get an assignment, you can switch out the cabin to any vacant cabin in the same category, simply by calling.

Your cruise has two categories of inside guarantees listed at the website.

Q inside guarantees are $1249

Z inside guarantees are $999

There is also a senior discountfor 55 and over (?? anyone in cabin)

GO FOR THE Z..............you'll still get a good cabin and save even more!

Those rates are HIGH and will probably come down much more before the actual sale date. Keep an eye on it.

OK you've convinced me. Waiting for TA to call back to make this change. With taxes the savings is $630. Woohoo!!!

It's a Q - Interior guarantee - is this an ok level. Just want a Queen bed (bed together) and shower. My wants aren't much. :D

Q is the worst category, a few really forward cabins where the anchor will wake you up. Look at the ships deck plan and see if you'd be okay with any of the Q cabins and if you're okay with it at least you know what to expect. There's a reason they'll give it to you for such a big savings and it's not because they're so nice :p

Q is the worst category, a few really forward cabins where the anchor will wake you up. Look at the ships deck plan and see if you'd be okay with any of the Q cabins and if you're okay with it at least you know what to expect. There's a reason they'll give it to you for such a big savings and it's not because they're so nice :p

The Z is 999 for the inside, the Q is 949 for the inside with the resident discount.

Can you explain to my very confused head: what is the difference between the Z, Q, L, M cats? Confused.... should I go for Z which is $50.00 more than the Q?

I'm sooooooo confused - help me:(. What do I do? Need to know before TA calls me :eek:. My head is now spinning.

Okay, I only did the search using Florida rates and got the rates I quoted direct from RCCL for the 2/13/09 EOS. What state are you from?

I still would not worry about the Q. They are both forward and aft. Look at deck seven for an example.

Q Interior Guarantee

Standard Rate 1st or 2nd Guest Stateroom Total

*$1,249.00 USD *$ 2,498.00 USD

Z interior Guarantee

Standard Rate 1st or 2nd Guest Stateroom Total

*$999.00 USD *$ 1,998.00 USD

Q is the lowest

N is next

M is moving on up

L is the highest inside category

Z is a true guarantyee and can get you any of the above.

I booked a Z and got an L.

Usually you pay more as you go higher on the ship such as deck ten commands the highest prices. ..............that's old though. On the newer ships, the cabins are spread out all over.

You can have the same category on several floors. A "Z" will definitely get you a better cabin than a "Q". Is it worth $100? Not to me. The cabins are ALL the same size. Location is the pricing factor.

With so few Q cabins, chances are you will get bumped higher - you never know.

Thanks New York. Now I see the discount.

Go with the Q. There are only nine Q cabins on deck six and nine on deck 7. If you get assigned one in front, you can always ask for a switch (that is easier when dealing fdirectly with RCL)

You'll be fine on a ship this size. It is the old smaller ships where they are cramped. Still a good chance of getting a higher upgrade. In the meantime you'll have months to watch the cruise and make another change if the Z rates come down.

Hope this helps. You should have your cabin assigned within the week.

So i have a PR for 4-09, every day I check the PR prices, should I be checking all the categories to see if another type of room is cheaper? I too would really like a discount!

I am opting to go down to a Inside Guarantee to save over $500.00. If the room has a bed and shower and is on the ship - I am good!!

Yes and yes. In my opinion a Q is fine. You can always change it. Your TA won't mind if you go up in price later on.

Always check ALL the categories at the Royal Caribbean website. Just go through the booking as if you are booking a new cruise. Just exit it at any time before making a payment!!

Often a balcony is not much more than an inside if a ship is not selling. My Inside cabin started at $599. Balconies are now $699 and insides went to $399 on the Independence.

Sometimes Oceanviews are listed for less than insides.

People have booked inside guarantees and ended up in Oceanviews - not often, but it does happen.

I'm not familiar with the letter category stuff, but I've stayed in an inside and a promenade cabin (on the Navigator). I didn't think that the promenade room lived up to the hype. The way the bed has to be positioned in order to allow you access to the window makes the room seem really small and hard to get around. I might actually choose the inside even without the discount.

Archived