Never had a suite before - thanks HAL and UGF

Roboat

Thanks to all for the info on the suite life.

The laundry perk may be wasted on us. DW enjoyed HAL in the past because they had a laundry room where she could iron her clothes. When I told her about the laundry perk, she said she probably won't use it, because she doesn't want strangers washing and ironing her clothes.

Does HAL still have the "ironing rooms?"

"The laundry perk may be wasted on us. DW enjoyed HAL in the past because they had a laundry room where she could iron her clothes. When I told her about the laundry perk, she said she probably won't use it, because she doesn't want strangers washing and ironing her clothes."

Roboat:

Wow - ok...your DW is a keeper - I hope this does not get out to my DH. In all honesty - we have used this service and the staff really does a good job. I have certain pieces that I will only take to the "special" drycleaner and I would say they are comparable - they even handle silk well. They will starch shirts so if you do not want starch just indicate.

You will be suite spoiled for life - don't kid yourselves - the UGF knows what she/he is doing. Once they hook you - anything less pales! ENJOY!

Does HAL still have the "ironing rooms?"

None of the Vista class ships, or the E-dam, have a place to iron your clothes yourself. :( If you want them pressed, you must send them out.

The S- and R-class ships, and the Prinsendam, still have this amenity. :)

None of the Vista class ships, or the E-dam, have a place to iron your clothes yourself. :( If you want them pressed, you must send them out.

The S- and R-class ships, and the Prinsendam, still have this amenity. :)

That's too bad. They were on the Zuiderdam, which is a Vista-class, but that was 4-5 years ago.

Thanks, Seavoyage, for the laundry endorsement. I'll pass that along.

Well, we leave Orlando for FLL at 0-dark-30 tomorrow, with a stop-over at a Cracker Barrel. :). Guess I better start packing.

That's too bad. They were on the Zuiderdam, which is a Vista-class, but that was 4-5 years ago.

Thanks, Seavoyage, for the laundry endorsement. I'll pass that along.

Well, we leave Orlando for FLL at 0-dark-30 tomorrow, with a stop-over at a Cracker Barrel. :). Guess I better start packing.

Safe trip to Ft. Lauderdale! We fly down tomorrow early from Atlanta - no time for Cracker Barrel :( - you just can't beat their hashbrown casserole! See you at sailaway! Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Archived