WHO TO CONTACT about Meet and Mingle

mew1

I believe "meet and mingle" is a term used on Royal Caribbean cruises. The ship staff actually provide a meeting space and hors'd'ouevres once 25 people are signerd up on a roll call.

Princess does not do this. Your best bet is to go to the roll call baord, find your cruise and arrange with others on that cruise to meet at a bar or other meeting area when you arrive on the ship.

If you want to have a meet n greet on the Caribbean Princess, here is the contact info.....

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean

(661) 284-4442

ewilliamson@princesscruises.com

Liz was very helpful and arranged for us to have Skywalker's open in the morning for our M&M with a bartender. There were no snacks provided. The PSD, Mr Deering came to answer questions and pose for photos with us; She needs a count about 2 weeks out although I contacted her months in advance to set aside the date and time. Have fun.

Liz was very helpful and arranged for us to have Skywalker's open in the morning for our M&M with a bartender. There were no snacks provided. The PSD, Mr Deering came to answer questions and pose for photos with us; She needs a count about 2 weeks out although I contacted her months in advance to set aside the date and time. Have fun.

James Deering was on my Oosterdam cruise a few years ago. He's such a wonderful man.....He knows how to treat guests and was well liked by the crew, as well!

Rosie or anyone, Would you know who to contact on the Sapphire Princess

This is the contact information I got for our upcoming Sapphire Princess at the end of this month.

Jenny Streeck

Onboard Services

Sapphire & Coral Princess

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

direct line - (661)284-4444

fax - (661) 284-4770

I did E-mail Jenny, however the only thing she could do was to set up a place. As mentioned previously in this thread, they supply no goodies, such as RCI does, so those of us on our Roll Call thread are working out where and when to meet on our own.

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess 11/29. I contacted our rep. months ago. I was told she couldn't do anything until at least 75 days out. I then contacted her and told her what the group had requested. A big fat NO came back. She might be able to "set" something up if we were to organize a pre pay bar or anything else off the list.

We didn't expect that. So we have set up our own M&G. I will send invites(maybe they will get them) to officers of the ship and CD. Since our rep. would not help in that manner unless we had an organized cocktail party through Princess. Interesting isn't it? She also told me she couldn't invite anyone because she didn't know their schedule. what?? Isn't that what invites are for? "If you can come, come".

Oh well, good luck with your M&G. Ours will be spectacular!

I had none of those problems on the 10/26 CB cruise. She was wonderful and responsive. No they do not supply any food, but did reserved Skywalkers for the "private party" and sent a bartender to meet our drink requests. Passenger services director and I believe the bar manager came and spoke with the group. I received an email memo confirming our request and there was a letter in the cabin confirming the time/place. I don't know what to tell you; guess all employees are not created equal and make up their own rules as they go. Not very helpful for a brand new ship!

Can someone fill me in on what 'Skywalkers' is? We have a group of 60 and want to meet on the day of sailing before muster drill, no goodies necessary - just a room where we can have a short meeting. We'll be on Sapphire. Doe anyone know what would be a good venue to request for this?

To my knowledge, no one communicated with the representative on the Caribbean for our 11/2 Sail away Meet & Mingle. However, when we arrived at the Caribe Bar, there was a sign; Private Party - Cruise Critic. I was very pleased to see Princess staff was reading our posts and went out of their way to note our venue. However, because this is public outdoor space, we were joined with "lots' of other group cruisers, too.

I have found on Princess, when you ask for more than a "private room space", they want a $$ option for food or beverages. This happened to our group leader on the Emerald. They were charging her Sign & Sail card for the "Drinks" for everyone. That was quickly reversed.

Skywalkers is the 19th floor Disco and a large room used often for group meetings during the day or early evening.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Not very helpful for a brand new ship!

Rosie- That is what I was thinking exactly. But life goes on. We still will have a great time. A little goes along way. We honestly werent' asking for a private buffett or open bar. We or I was simply thinking a coffee pot set there was a simple way to say, "Hey thanks for sailing with us". But that doesnt' seem to be. I doubt we will even have a sign. I will make one.

I triedseveral years ago to arrange a get together- I was told by Princess they would charge $80 for each "officer" that came. Almost as cheap as RCCL wanting to charge us $75 to take a family group picture that we all would have bought. Result was we took our own picture and RCCL got NOTHING!

Can someone fill me in on what 'Skywalkers' is? We have a group of 60 and want to meet on the day of sailing before muster drill, no goodies necessary - just a room where we can have a short meeting. We'll be on Sapphire. Doe anyone know what would be a good venue to request for this?

I have found that no matter how many people who have good intentions this truly is not a good time for get togethers-- there is just too much to take in.

We do schedule a meet following the muster drill- (without setting a time) very few attend but we also set up meetings through out the week for people who dont make it to the first day.

This is the contact information I got for our upcoming Sapphire Princess at the end of this month.

Jenny Streeck

Onboard Services

Sapphire & Coral Princess

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

direct line - (661)284-4444

fax - (661) 284-4770

I did E-mail Jenny, however the only thing she could do was to set up a place. As mentioned previously in this thread, they supply no goodies, such as RCI does, so those of us on our Roll Call thread are working out where and when to meet on our own.

Thanks for the info. We were on the CB this past Sept and they did arrange for our large group to meet in Skywalkers and had a cash bar. Mr. Deering did attend. It was held at 11 AM and I expressed my disappointment to Mr. Deering that they could have had at least coffee. He claimed that they are not allowed to. I guess the rules have changed because we have been on previous Princess cruises where the Cruise Director attended and free refresments were served. Will poll our Roll Call and decide whether we should just meet on our own.

He claimed that they are not allowed to. I guess the rules have changed because we have been on previous Princess cruises where the Cruise Director attended and free refresments were served. Will poll our Roll Call and decide whether we should just meet on our own.

How long ago was that? I know that since I have been doing group we always had to pay for the drinks and / or food.

Cruiselines offer open bar for an hour or two-- with snacks-- (think pepperidge farm crackers--LOL) for a fee

The also sell trays of finger foods for a fee per person too

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess 11/29. I contacted our rep. months ago. I was told she couldn't do anything until at least 75 days out. I then contacted her and told her what the group had requested. A big fat NO came back. She might be able to "set" something up if we were to organize a pre pay bar or anything else off the list.

We didn't expect that. So we have set up our own M&G. I will send invites(maybe they will get them) to officers of the ship and CD. Since our rep. would not help in that manner unless we had an organized cocktail party through Princess. Interesting isn't it? She also told me she couldn't invite anyone because she didn't know their schedule. what?? Isn't that what invites are for? "If you can come, come".

Oh well, good luck with your M&G. Ours will be spectacular!

Here is the person's name I was given, she's being very accomadating: Renee Wittwer

Onboard Service Coordinator

Ruby Princess

Phone: (661) 284 - 4443

Fax: (661) 284 - 4770

rwittwer@princesscruises.com

Can anyone help me, who should I contact for a M&M on the Diamond Princess (March 14th cruise)?

SAS

I used the contact info. for one of the first posters. That person must have forwarded my e-mail to the correct person on The Ruby because she responded to me. Maybe try her's that I posted & tell her which ship you need, it's up about two posts.

Wow I am surprised, you see this is my first Princess cruise and the first time setting one up, I have sailed 5X on NCL and set up 4 meet and greets. NCL has always been very helpful and accomodating. We had coffee tea, water and a some cookies at NO charge, and we were always joined by a few staff, often the CD, Captain and hotel director. We got to talk to them. They said they valued cruise critic and the people who sailed with them.

I am glad I found this out now.

Mew1

Archived