Costa Maya and Mahahual Picture 11/10/08

Ms Belvedere

I promised to post pics of the rebuilt Costa Maya and Mahahual and here they are. We were there on the Glory last week, the itinerary was changed from Eastern to Western due to a late season huricane. Many pax were disappointed but we were thrilled since we hadn't seen Costa Maya after they rebuilt it from the hurricane over a year ago.

They've done a beautiful job of restoration, Mahahual still needs some work but will get there eventually.

Here was the view as we approached Costa Maya:

DSC_0062.jpg

There was some military coverage:

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

And we saw dophins playing in the water around the patrol craft in Costa Maya:

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

The pool is graduated (step down) and is approx 3-4 feet deep at the deepest part. There is a nice fountain space for smaller children to play and the adults can play in the deeper end:

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

The grounds are beautiful and clean, it looks like a resort:

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

Here are pics of Mahahual. There is a winding concrete path along the beach that allows great views of the water and ship at the port. They are still working on Mahahual (and if I'm spelling Mahahual wrong I apologize, am trying to post these quickly). I have many more pictures on the other camera but haven't uploaded them yet. Will post them later today if time permits.

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

This is all for now, have got to get some unpacking done and will upload more pics later. We had a great time in Costa Maya, we enjoyed our entire day there. The work they've done is remarkable and they're working on the downtown area. The concrete walkway really makes it more accessible to the elderly and those on scooters, as well as strollers for those with small children.

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

Thank you so much for posting the photos. I was in Costa Maya back in July 2006 so the hurricane devastation there just broke my heart.

I'm so glad that cruise ships are visiting again and that it still looks beautiful, maybe even more so!

I'm a proud member of the 'Hole in the Fence' gang so now I'm just waiting for Chac Chi to come back around. ;) :p

Ahhhhh....that pool brings back fond memories of my first group cruise....;)

Ah yes... good times :D LOL!!

Looks almost just like I remember it!!! I was afraid it was going to go too commercial... looks great! I've been to CM 4 times and it still remains one of my favorite ports... I am looking forward to going back!!! Thanks for the pics!!

Terrific pics. Thanks for posting. I will be spending my birthday there Dec. 2. We were in Majuahal last only a few weeks before the hurricane.

Before seeing your photos, I was very apprehensive about returning to the port and afraid we would not enjoy it as much as we have in the past. Now I am really looking forward to our return thanks to your pix.

Dianne

Thanks to all of you for looking at the pics! I have the rest uploaded now; these from another camera but some of the angles may look a lot like the first set posted. I know that a lot of cruisers were interested in Costa Maya and wanted to take as many pics as possible.

As we sailed up to CM:

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Archived