Costa Maya and Mahahual Picture 11/10/08

Ms Belvedere

It's absolutely free to use the pools, beach, anything you see in the pics. The drink prices are right there with Cozumel. I ordered a delish mango treat of some kind, the medium was 7.95. DH bought a 40 oz Sol beer for 10.00. You'll see that picture later. :D We also brought some water from off the ship that we bought in Florida before sailing.

I just want to make sure that you don't have to make reservations for this area? Are there lockers to put towels or anything if you want to walk around the shop areas or take a taxi further away?:confused:

I just want to make sure that you don't have to make reservations for this area? Are there lockers to put towels or anything if you want to walk around the shop areas or take a taxi further away?:confused:

No reservations needed (Isn't there a tv show with that title?). There are no lockers, wear your bathing suit under your coverup, carry a tote bag with your towels. You can ALWAYS go back to the ship and unload what you don't want to carry into town or items you bought in port.

Ms B

Ms. B - thanks so much for the pictures and reports on CM. DH and I went a few years ago as our last stop and absolutely loved it! Your photos are giving me hope that CM and Majahual are on their way back. Excellent! We'll be there on Tuesday - our first stop this time - and will enjoy every second!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pam

:rolleyes:we just booked a cruise on the Freedon for Apr 09 in carnival book listed CM as one of the ports when we booked VP told us IT would probably be changed back toCM but it depended on when port reopened we love CM especially THE TEQUILA BEACH CLUB did you get a chance to see if its been reopened. does anyone Know why carnival only has one cruise with CM listed as a port on computer Obviously carnival knows port is open?

:rolleyes:we just booked a cruise on the Freedon for Apr 09 in carnival book listed CM as one of the ports when we booked VP told us IT would probably be changed back toCM but it depended on when port reopened we love CM especially THE TEQUILA BEACH CLUB did you get a chance to see if its been reopened. does anyone Know why carnival only has one cruise with CM listed as a port on computer Obviously carnival knows port is open?

Yes, Tequila Beach is back up and running. They're at the exact same place that they used to be, in fact, I think that was the only bar/restaurant that's located on the ocean side of the town. Sorry for not taking a picture, we were in the cab on our way back to the port when we passed Tequila Beach.

Edit: After I went back and looked at the pics, there was one that showed Chac Chi to one side. Here it is, cropped and blown up. Not much there but "possibilities".

DSC_0075aaa.jpg

Ms Belvedere,

Thank you. I'd really like to see Chac Chi rebuilt........:o

Ms Belvedere,

Thank you. I'd really like to see Chac Chi rebuilt........:o

Do you think Chac Chi is privately owned? I notice the fence that's up now is clearly closing off access to the beach. It would be a bonus to have a beach right there at the port, but might keep people from heading into Mahahual. :confused:

Do you think Chac Chi is privately owned? I notice the fence that's up now is clearly closing off access to the beach. It would be a bonus to have a beach right there at the port, but might keep people from heading into Mahahual. :confused:

Ms Belvedere,

Yes, it is privately owned by the gentleman who sold the port developers the land they have developed for the cruise port. The fence definately is meant to close off access to Chac Chi so cruise pax will have to spend their money at cruise port facilities.

I'll LET YOU KNOW WHAT MY vp SAY'S TOMORROW I HAVE THE EVIDENCE THANKS TO YOU. iSNT IT GREAT THEIR BRINING THE PRIDE TO BALT WE PLAN ON DOING ONE NEXTSUMMER. WE LIVE 2MILES FROM PORT AND CAN SEE THE SHIPS FROM A PARKON A HIIJUST DOWN THE BLOCK. MY WIFE IS OFFERING YOU A PLACE TO SLEEP EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR PRIDE CRUISE. OUR PLACE IS SMALL ,BUT THE PRICE IS RIGHT WERE IN OUR EARLY 50S AND HAVE MET SOME OUR BEST FRIENDS ON CARNIVAL MY WIFE WANTS TO GET A JOB AS A GREETER AT PORT. WE LOVE CRUISING AND THE PEOPLE SO MUCH AND IN THESE TIMES WE NEED TO MEET AS MANY GOOD PEOPLE AS WE CAN, I'M A NURSE WAS A MEDIC FIRST BUT HAVE BEEN NURSE FOR OVER 25 YRS MY WIFE MARY STAYS AT HOME TAKING CARE OR HER MOM SHE HAS NUMEROUS MED PROBLEMS BUT SHE STILL YOUNG 70YO WE ARE BLESSED EVERY DAY WE GET TO SPEND WITH HER. JUST WISH WE COULD GET HER ON A CRUISE WITH US.WELL WE,TALK SOON LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTRESTED MY WIFE HAS LIVED HERE MOST OF HER LIFE AND KNOWS CITY WELL MAYBE WE COULD HELP YOU OUT AT THE VERY LEAST JUST MEET!!!

Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures! My friend and I were in Costa Maya in March of 2007, not long before the hurricane hit. It just broke my heart to see the devastation after the hurricane. I worried about the residents there and how they lived without their homes and income. I am glad to see that things are back up and running, and beautiful, too!!

iSNT IT GREAT THEIR BRINING THE PRIDE TO BALT WE PLAN ON DOING ONE NEXTSUMMER. WE LIVE 2MILES FROM PORT AND CAN SEE THE SHIPS FROM A PARKON A HIIJUST DOWN THE BLOCK. MY WIFE IS OFFERING YOU A PLACE TO SLEEP EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR PRIDE CRUISE. OUR PLACE IS SMALL ,BUT THE PRICE IS RIGHT WERE IN OUR EARLY 50S AND HAVE MET SOME OUR BEST FRIENDS ON CARNIVAL MY WIFE WANTS TO GET A JOB AS A GREETER AT PORT. WE LOVE CRUISING AND THE PEOPLE SO MUCH AND IN THESE TIMES WE NEED TO MEET AS MANY GOOD PEOPLE AS WE CAN, I'M A NURSE WAS A MEDIC FIRST BUT HAVE BEEN NURSE FOR OVER 25 YRS MY WIFE MARY STAYS AT HOME TAKING CARE OR HER MOM SHE HAS NUMEROUS MED PROBLEMS BUT SHE STILL YOUNG 70YO WE ARE BLESSED EVERY DAY WE GET TO SPEND WITH HER. JUST WISH WE COULD GET HER ON A CRUISE WITH US.WELL WE,TALK SOON LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTRESTED MY WIFE HAS LIVED HERE MOST OF HER LIFE AND KNOWS CITY WELL MAYBE WE COULD HELP YOU OUT AT THE VERY LEAST JUST MEET!!!

I certainly do appreciate your offer and would love to meet you both, or all three of you! You have got to get your wife's mother on a cruise, especially since it'll be docked in your backyard. We live within driving distance (just over an hour) and that is the reason we're booked for next October, just once I want to experience what the Floridians do. Wake up, eat breakfast, take the trash out and DRIVE TO THE PORT - YEAH! :D

As the time gets closer I'll be posting more about sailing from Baltimore and will keep in touch with you. DH is fighting me on this one, he wants to cancel and book a 10 day on HAL out of Ft Lauderdale. We'll see how the economy goes; maybe do both! :eek: :D

Ms Belvedere,

Yes, it is privately owned by the gentleman who sold the port developers the land they have developed for the cruise port. The fence definately is meant to close off access to Chac Chi so cruise pax will have to spend their money at cruise port facilities.

That's some interesting background information. After he brings Chac Chi back we'll have to bring some wire cutters and do some exploring. (wink wink - nudge nudge) :D

Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures! My friend and I were in Costa Maya in March of 2007, not long before the hurricane hit. It just broke my heart to see the devastation after the hurricane. I worried about the residents there and how they lived without their homes and income. I am glad to see that things are back up and running, and beautiful, too!!

We felt the same way when we heard the news and read about the damage. We missed Costa Maya due to high winds on one cruise after being there 3 times on previous cruises. Within a couple of months the area was destroyed by the storm.

I came across some more pics that were on the one camera and weren't posted here. Tomorrow, if I'm not too busy, I may add those to this review.

Ms B

Am I the only one who can't see the pictures posted here? It says "upgrade to pro today" with the photobucket logo. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Chris

The poster is using photobucket and if you go over the bandwidth that they allow on a free account, then you will see that message until it resets itself (happens once a month) or until the person upgrades. I had to upgrade to a pro account because posting pictures here would send me over the limit every month.

So until it resets, none of us will be able to see the pictures.

One way around that is for the poster to create a NEW photo bucket account under a new email addy. ;)

Sorry about the pics not showing, I had the free photobucket account and overloaded it with a 3rd album of pictures. Since I've upgraded they should show up now. :) If they STILL Aren't available, please post so I know; I can see them but it might be that I have them loaded in my cache, too.

Ms B

Downtown Mahahual:

DSC_0096-1.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

Here is how the streets used to look before they laid the concrete walkway that's in place now. Sand streets with marine roping used as speed bumps. This street is where you catch the cabs back to port and is one street up from the concrete walkway.

DSC_0109.jpg

Not sure what this building is but it was on the way into town:

DSC_0108.jpg

Until we go back, that's all the pictures I have. We're hoping to go to Costa Maya again in the next year or two. In the meantime we'll watch for everyone else's pictures and "visit" through their reviews!

Ms B

Wooohooo they're back! Thanks for upgrading. :D (I know it's a pain, I had to do the same...lol)

Now I am off to look at them all. I appreciate you taking the time to post them all!

Thanks for looking at them, I'm glad that people enjoy seeing Costa Maya rebuilt! I was serious about seeing other cruiser's pictures, it's sure to keep improving over the next year or two. :)

Ms B

Archived