Great Photo of Pacific Dawn from the Hill in Vila

Brushtail

Hi everyone,

Someone posted a fabulous photo of the Regal Princess from high on a hill in Alaska. We really liked that photo and it gave Phil an idea.

He remembered the hill behind the wharf in Vila and, when we were there last month, we asked the taxi driver to take us up so we could take a photo of the ship.

The taxi driver hadn't been up there before and it was an adventure getting up there.

He was keen to take us in his beat up car and drove up the rough (very rough) track through a small shanty area, then drove blindly across a high grass paddock towards the cliff - I nearly fell off the contact covered back seat in shock - he pulled up perilously close to the edge and .................. there she was.

3037151917_2b6fc03048.jpg?v=0

Note the sea plane taking off in the background.

We were really pleased and as Phil was taking the photos, I noted that the driver was taking pictures too, with his expensive mobile phone. :eek:

I got the idea that he would be making extra money from now on whenever the cruise ships were in town. :p

Great photo, isn't it?

We do have one with me standing in front of it, but this one is better. :p We also have one with both of us in front of the ship, but the taxi driver took the photo and cut our heads off. :rolleyes:

The driver asked Phil what the top deck was for. He could see the sails and the open area. We told him it was for relaxing at the bar and around the pool. He was totally amazed.

Hi everyone,

Someone posted a fabulous photo of the Regal Princess from high on a hill in Alaska. We really liked that photo and it gave Phil an idea.

He remembered the hill behind the wharf in Vila and, when we were there last month, we asked the taxi driver to take us up so we could take a photo of the ship.

The taxi driver hadn't been up there before and it was an adventure getting up there.

He was keen to take us in his beat up car and drove up the rough (very rough) track through a small shanty area, then drove blindly across a high grass paddock towards the cliff - I nearly fell off the contact covered back seat in shock - he pulled up perilously close to the edge and .................. there she was.

3037151917_2b6fc03048.jpg?v=0

Note the sea plane taking off in the background.

We were really pleased and as Phil was taking the photos, I noted that the driver was taking pictures too, with his expensive mobile phone. :eek:

I got the idea that he would be making extra money from now on whenever the cruise ships were in town. :p

Great photo, isn't it?

Great photo Jen, any chance of emailing me a copy...please:D

That's a beautiful photo Jenny!! Well done to Phil on taking it!!

I had a great laugh at your comments about the long grass and the contact covered seats hehehe :D:D

Looks like it's worth the adventure to get photos like that!!! :D

We got the cab from town to the ship for $10.00 (agreed price before we got in) and then gave the cab driver an extra $5.00 because we only remembered the hill on the way back to the ship. This extra $5.00 was obviously for compensation for the wear and tear of his springs from the bouncy ride, and also to help him remove all of the long grass and bushes stuck in the chassis of the car. :p

Tigerman, you have mail.

Archived