How do they do that?

whadyanuts

Have any idea how they choose a cabin to assign you to for Guarantee category? Is there any rhyme or reason to who gets assigned each cabin? C & A status? Who booked originally first? What about families who have two cabins booked side by side connecting then move to gty. Any consideration given to keep those folks on at least the same deck? Thanks for any insight/suggestions and any experiences you may have had. Thanks.

I was under the impression that gtys were random--whatever isn't booked "specifically" by passengers who choose their cabin is what the guarantee bookers will get.

If you need to have connecting rooms, or rooms across the hall from each other, it's probably best to not book gtys, and book the cabins that you actually need.

Have any idea how they choose a cabin to assign you to for Guarantee category? Is there any rhyme or reason to who gets assigned each cabin? C & A status? Who booked originally first?
What about families who have two cabins booked side by side connecting then move to gty. Any consideration given to keep those folks on at least the same deck? Thanks for any insight/suggestions and any experiences you may have had. Thanks.

They have one of these in their headquarters

lostrommel6.JPG

everytime someone call to book a gty they go there and draw a cabin number;)

What about families who have two cabins booked side by side connecting then move to gty. Any consideration given to keep those folks on at least the same deck? Thanks for any insight/suggestions and any experiences you may have had. Thanks.

I don´t think so, if families want to have cabins close by they need to book assigned cabins not gty´s.

GTY are put in a pool and computer picks the cabin. I had a gty and called wanting to be put back in the pool and was told no. Waited 2 days, called back and told sure, no problem and got a better cabin. Guess it depends on who answers the phone at RCL. Good luck

If you are linked to a reservation, they do everything they can to keep you as close together as possible. At least it has always worked that way for us. It is too much of a coincidence to be random. We have moved four times (going back into the pool with each price reduction) - yet we remain near the location and on the same deck as our linked reservations.

We've been all over that ship before we sail - It's been quite a ride, and today we saved another $100.

We are linked with 2 other reservations. Our rooms were lined up beside each other. We opted to go for the guarantee and get the $200 savings. We are now excatly 1 floor below our friends.

Not a problem for me because this is actually our third cabin on the ship. Originally we booked by ourselves then our friends wanted to go so we changed our reservation to be close to them. In the end, we are almost exactly where we started but at a total savings of $700. I'lll take that anyday. I can meet my friends for breakfast. I don't have to sleep next door to them.

I was told, you are put in a pool. It is all chance! One time We booked a gty. and it was last cabin on first deck and We called our TA & asked to be put back in pool. No problem and We got a great cabin. We only do gty cabins once in awhile if the rate is really great!Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

If you are linked to a reservation, they do everything they can to keep you as close together as possible. At least it has always worked that way for us. It is too much of a coincidence to be random. We have moved four times (going back into the pool with each price reduction) - yet we remain near the location and on the same deck as our linked reservations.

We've been all over that ship before we sail - It's been quite a ride, and today we saved another $100.

You all are to impatient.

I got me a guarantee and was assigned three times - automatically.

As they told me it can be moved in the same category, or up but never down.

I started in an E2 and ended up with a D1.

Several agents sit at computer terminals and play a giant game of tetris with all the pretty color blocks denoting cabins. That's my guess!

Have any idea how they choose a cabin to assign you to for Guarantee category? Is there any rhyme or reason to who gets assigned each cabin?

Does that mean we are not getting the cabin I thought we were getting?

Yes Marion Mom, some how your post is not linking to the photo location you got it from. I was able to see the URL address from it's properties and thus attached, not link, it to my post.

My way of describing being put in a "Pool" to select a cabin with a guarantee is: Here goes" Whatever cabins are available when they go to assign You a cabin is a "Pool". It is selected from a computer. It is a random drawing. You will get at least the category in the guarantee you purchased. It is all luck! If you are particular, this is not for you. If you don't care what deck or if you are rear, mid or forward, go for it. Otherwise You are better off selecting your cabin . This way You will have no regrets. Hope I helped! IKE

Although maybe a single room pick is all luck, as others have indicated, if you have linked reservations, there appears to be an attempt to put the gty cabin close to any others.

I had originally booked 3 rooms on my upcoming Navigator cruise. One was a E1 Balcony and the other two were GTY inside. However, after calling RCCL, I was informed that since I had my 2 kids staying together without someone over 21, I would have to upgrade to a reserved room cabin to insure that we get a room across the hall. However, later in the week, the other GTY cabin was placed two cabins away.

Although maybe a single room pick is all luck, as others have indicated, if you have linked reservations, there appears to be an attempt to put the gty cabin close to any others.

I had originally booked 3 rooms on my upcoming Navigator cruise. One was a E1 Balcony and the other two were GTY inside. However, after calling RCCL, I was informed that since I had my 2 kids staying together without someone over 21, I would have to upgrade to a reserved room cabin to insure that we get a room across the hall. However, later in the week, the other GTY cabin was placed two cabins away.

If there was a major difference in price between the Gty and reserved inside, you might have gotten around that by booking one parent (yourself) in with one child and other parent with other and linking the reservations. Then if not close inside was assigned you could have called RC to have assigned inside moved to a similar category cabin closer to the E1 or selected an E1 closer to the inside. When onboard just get the front desk to put parents back together and kids together. This is assuming that there were two adults with the kids. Did the other inside gty contain only adults also that could have been be paired up with the kids.

Hi All,

I'm back to answer my own question.

Today I checked the price when I ran home from work on my lunch break. Guarantee was on a New Jersey resident special (Geez, things must be getting bad) at $999.00:eek: So..... after hemmin and hawin' all week over should I go with a $1399.00 guarantee and lose my pr cabins.... I decided to just do it when I saw the NEW guarantee price:eek: of $999.00. I call my agent, and made the arrangements and by the time I got back to my job after lunch and checked to see if we were turned into a guarantee on the website I found that not only were we turned into guarantee but I had already missed it - WE HAD THE NEW CABINS ASSIGNED. Wow! That's all I can say. I'm slightly bummed about not having my "big chance" of having a window on the promenade - directly across from the snack/coffee place mind you. I'm neither happy or unhappy with the new location, (sort of midway between back elevators and aft cabins but more importantly our two cabins were assigned side-by-side). Nice touch Royal Caribbean! In the end we saved a whopping $937.15.....EACH PASSENGER!!! For a grand total for our two cabins of $3,748.60. For that kind of savings I'd sleep in the closet!! By the way, instead of a refund I asked if they could just "move" the additional cashola to our trip of Aug 09, which they did no problemo! WOW--- that was the most productive lunch hour ever!

Archived