princess problem, help

darner010

we have booked a 7 day w. caribbean cruise on the Ruby followed by a 7 day on the Crown with a layover day in between, when we booked we were told we were entitled to a free overnight in FLL, now Princess says "no, free night" as we took advantage of a lower regional rate. the original booking was in nov. 07, the lower rate in aug. 08. we were never informed of the free night cancellation until we picked up our cruise packet last week. it seems that our only option is to take their offer of $25 on obc and accepthat they can change offers without notifing you. anyone else dealing with the same problem.

Do you have anything in writing confirming the free overnight?? If so, call and fax this to Princess (or have your TA do it.) If it was never put in writing, you will probably be out of luck. Lesson to all of us, make sure you get everything in writing!!

Interesting! I have never heard of them offering a free overnight when switching ships for a second week. Did Princess advertise this or did this come directly from your TA?

As said, if this was offered, but you have nothing in writing, I am afraid you will be out of luck trying to get this reinstated. :(

There are times when things like lower rates are taken advantage of, some offers go down the drain. Kind of like being upgraded in cabin category and then trying to have your rate decreased because you found a price drop. You either get the rate decrease or the upgrade, but you can't have both.

we were never informed of the free night cancellation until we picked up our cruise packet last week.
That statement leads me to believe you're working with a TA.

The information about the free night most likely came from your TA. If so, have your TA do the legwork on this....that's what they're paid to do. Also, why didn't your TA inform you of this prior to rebooking?

Lew

Interesting! I have never heard of them offering a free overnight when switching ships for a second week. Did Princess advertise this or did this come directly from your TA?

As said, if this was offered, but you have nothing in writing, I am afraid you will be out of luck trying to get this reinstated. :(

I remember seeing this advertized in their Caribbean brochure when I was researching my cruise with them. I would have to check, but I think they still have this in their most current brochure.

I agree - if you have it in writing that they will give you the free night, and nothing in writing cancelling/retracting this offer when you made the rate change, I would get on the phone with Princess/your TA and fight this.

We booked the b2b on the Crown/Ruby in Sept 08 with the Hotel stay thrown in. It offer was printed in their Caribbean catalog dated May 2008 to May 2009 on page 30 if that's any help. We're located in Fl & any restrictions didn't apply to our area. When we first asked about the hotel offer (we use a Fl TA) they didn't seem to know about the offer but I quoted the page number & catalog & our TA was on the line to Princess at the time & they said it was OK.

Have you TA contact another Princess rep - You might have better luck.

http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/43501/2883453050103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

There are times when things like lower rates are taken advantage of, some offers go down the drain. Kind of like being upgraded in cabin category and then trying to have your rate decreased because you found a price drop. You either get the rate decrease or the upgrade, but you can't have both.

Sure...we have received it before, and it is right in their brochures..."reveive a complimentary hotel package between the two sailings"

Our package included the transfers and the hotel, but I would never do it again. Would only do B2Bs on the same ship.

Sure...we have received it before, and it is right in their brochures..."reveive a complimentary hotel package between the two sailings"

Our package included the transfers and the hotel, but I would never do it again. Would only do B2Bs on the same ship.

Thanks! Guess doing a B2B on two different ships never interested me enough to read all the offers. But nice to know it's out there should the need arise. I honestly had never read or heard of this offer before.

thanks for all replies, we do have the comp. overnight in writing but because we took an offered discount in aug., princess said that they voided the complimentary overnight. we weren't notified of cancellation. now we are trying to get enough obc to compensate for hotel expense, no luck there either. this is our first layover btb and think it will be our last. our TA is working hard to get us the obc. the saga continues:(

thanks for all replies, we do have the comp. overnight in writing but because we took an offered discount in aug., princess said that they voided the complimentary overnight. we weren't notified of cancellation. now we are trying to get enough obc to compensate for hotel expense, no luck there either. this is our first layover btb and think it will be our last. our TA is working hard to get us the obc. the saga continues:(

How much was the discount? Is it enough to cover the cost of the room? If not can you "revoke" the discount and go back to your old fare?

Your TA should have explained this to you, I'd blame the TA and not Princess. A business is entitled to offer a discount instead of other amenities (such as a free hotel room). The problem is your TA didn't explain the consequence of accepting the discount.

Archived