Live from Grandeur-- 11/20/08

Loyal2RCCL

Any pointers on what to do and what to miss..I have heard there is a coffee shop on board..Do they have the blinking glasses as drink of the day when you board

The blinking glasses were available at night in the Viking Crown when it turns into the disco and during the dancing under the stars pool party.

There is a Seattle's Best and Ben and Jerry's kiosk for your coffee and sugar fix :D

Is this the same pier the Inspiration docks at??

No, the Inspiration uses the Carnival terminal which is attached to the Channelside shops, directly across from the Aquarium. RCCL has their own terminal which is before you reach the Aquarium/Channelside complex.

Loyal2RCCL,

Could you dig up any info about a concierge lounge addition (adaption from the card room) for me? Rumor had it that they would convert the card room by the first of the year. We are looking into a Granduer cruise in May from Norfolk.

Also to the OP, please email me at my sign in name plus wellatgmaildotcom.You'll recognize the name.

Chester,

We will be bringing the ship into Norfolk in May. :D We're doing the b2b - Repo. I hope that the rumor :confused: is correct :rolleyes: and they will create a CL. :) If that dosen't happen, a lounge can be used as a watering hole :eek: between 5:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Bob

Chester,

We will be bringing the ship into Norfolk in May. :D We're doing the b2b - Repo. I hope that the rumor :confused: is correct :rolleyes: and they will create a CL. :) If that dosen't happen, a lounge can be used as a watering hole :eek: between 5:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Bob

Hey Bob! B and I are sailing on Grandeur in three weeks for the 10 night holiday cruise. I shot a note off to C & A last month to ask about the possibility of a Concierge Lounge... the reply stated that there is no plan to put one on Grandeur in the immediate future.

You and Pat should join us!

No, the Inspiration uses the Carnival terminal which is attached to the Channelside shops, directly across from the Aquarium. RCCL has their own terminal which is before you reach the Aquarium/Channelside complex.

Gotcha...same general vicinity I take it? Thanks for the info!

Chester,

Bob

We were onboard Nov 10-20. The captain indicated that there were no plans to add a CL to Grandeur. :(

The pastries and cookies are free (or possibly with purchase?)

Last NYE (Capt Rob was aboard) the cookies etc...were only with a pourchase of some sort. I like Voyager class because Cafe Promanade lets you get all the cookies you can eat without any coffee purchase...:D

Last NYE (Capt Rob was aboard) the cookies etc...were only with a pourchase of some sort. I like Voyager class because Cafe Promanade lets you get all the cookies you can eat without any coffee purchase...:D

Thanks Dave, that's why I wasn't sure. We purchased coffee once, and used our coupons the second time. Both times, the gentleman asked if we would like anything from the selections. :) I wasn't sure if they were available as a walkup without purchase. :)

Thanks Dave, that's why I wasn't sure. We purchased coffee once, and used our coupons the second time. Both times, the gentleman asked if we would like anything from the selections. :) I wasn't sure if they were available as a walkup without purchase. :)

I was on the cruise for Nov 20th... I was really shocked when I went to the Lattitudes and was told I must purchase coffee to get dessert.... this was not the case on Majesty last year or Freedom in April 2007.... what gives... just another cost cutting measure.....

Hey Bob! B and I are sailing on Grandeur in three weeks for the 10 night holiday cruise. I shot a note off to C & A last month to ask about the possibility of a Concierge Lounge... the reply stated that there is no plan to put one on Grandeur in the immediate future.

You and Pat should join us!

Gina,

I can join both of you :cool: if there is enough room for me in your cabin? :eek: But Pat probably will not like the idea.:(

We're all set for the b2b in April; you girls should join us. Bob's Concierge Lounge :) will be open, and you both are invited.

I’ll send you an e-mail later, I have more to say but it’s a sensitive subject.:confused:

Bob

Archived