Help: WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE

beej

I've never sailed on NCL before, but am looking at 3 cruises: 14 days on the Jewel, Boston to NOLA repo; 14 days on the Dawn, repo NY to Miami or 16 days on the Spirit. I probably mixed up the day:eek: I really need some advice from those who have sailed NCL. Thanx! Ms Toad

The 16 day Boston-NOLA on the Spirit, because last year, we took our first cruise on NCL and it was the 14 day Spirit repo from NOLA to New York. It was, hands down, the best cruise we had ever taken (our previous cruises were with Carnival, which were nice too,but this was better). Part of the reason too, is because we love New Orleans and it is a great pre or post cruise city. As far as the Jewel going to NOLA, I'm not sure that ship does go there. What we loved about NCL was the Freestyle dining, where they accomodate you like in a restaurant, as far as the number of people in your party or seating you with a favorite waiter. Regardless of which cruise you take, I think you will enjoy yourself a lot.

Haven't done the Spirit yet (8 more days) so I can't really judge, but I love the Jewel. Of course 2 extra days would be nice..

Nita

The Spirit and Jewel are two completely different ships and experiences. :) Lots of hidden gems on the Spirit from the Leo.

I've never sailed on NCL before, but am looking at 3 cruises: 14 days on the Jewel, Boston to NOLA repo; 14 days on the Dawn, repo NY to Miami or 16 days on the Spirit. I probably mixed up the day:eek: I really need some advice from those who have sailed NCL. Thanx! Ms Toad

I have sailed on NCL five times and we LOVE NCL...!!! I have been on the Dawn three times and I LOVE THE DAWN...!!!:D

I have never been on the Spirit (next August I will be...!!!) or the Jewel. I suggest that you REALLY research each ship, see what each one looks like and which one appeals to you more.

What about the Ports-Of-Call? Do you have any preferences any favorites?

What about the port you leave from? Would Boston be easier? Could someone drive you there? And then you would just have to fly home.

Does is matter if you fly back home from Miami or New Orleans?

We LOVE the freestyle Dining and we just like NCL. We have NEVER really had a problem.

But, you know, EVERYONE has an opinion, so just try it, see what YOU think.....

Which ever cruise you pick, I am SURE you will have a GREAT TIME...!!!icon14.gif :D

Beej: We, too, have sailed NCL many times. We are looking at the same three cruises you are. This time I think we're going to wait a while before booking to see what happens with the pricing and the fuel supplement. Of course, you take a chance with airfares that way, but it's worth it!

We looked at those as well, and decided on the Dawn repo next Nov 1st.

Being able to drive to one city or the other is great. Of course, you need to check out airfares to make the decision.

I am guessing the Jewel Repo is to Miami and not NOLA.???

We loved both Jewel and Spirit. go with schedule that works for you.

I would love to do a repo cruise we were looking at the Jewel for next year but unfortunaly DH cannot get that much off from work at one time, so we are going to do the Mexican Riveria instead. Plus we promised the DS we would take him to Disney for a few days

Repo cruises are such a great value. I would do any of the three in a heartbeat if I could be out of the office the 1st week of the month.

We have been on the Spirit twice and really love the ship!

The Dawn was great too but in a different way. We have not been on the Jewel.

Boston and NY are both easy ports to leave from if you live within a few hours.

Your decision may need to be based on your return transportation.

When we repositioned from Boston to Charleston on Majesty a couple of years ago we rented a car and drove home to CT over 2 days with a stop in DC for sightseeing.

Friends flew home to MA and really spent more on the one-way ticket than they wanted to! The one-way ticket is the only real drawback to any of your selections.

Thanks everyone for their info. i am leaning towards the Spirit, but we have friends sailing on the Dawn. of the 3, the Jewel has the most ports we haven't been to. Too many choices and I have to make them soon

Thanks everyone for their info. i am leaning towards the Spirit, but we have friends sailing on the Dawn. of the 3, the Jewel has the most ports we haven't been to. Too many choices and I have to make them soon

The Dawn of course:D:D:D:D

Seriously,I have also been looking at the same 3. First I booked the Dawn because of the same friends as Barb. Then another friend told me about the Spirit(which I could drive to in 20 min. Then I found the Jewel which is a brand new ship right? You all said each ship is great but different. Could you please tell me what the difference is? Also we do like to "dine" at the buffet some nights so that could be a factor. I think the Dawn and Jewel have laundry rooms right? Oh,what to do:confused:

Dawn:).....for us this just seemed like a sign we should book, our first cruise ever was on The Dawn, we got same cabin and for us gives us something to look forward to. There are so many ports that we have not been to and we will be with so many friends, great company:).................................come on you know you want to book:)...............Patricia

I like to sail out of Black Falcon it's so handy and easy.

Spirit just got a face lift.

I have to get back to New Orleans at least one more time.

We will roll the dice and wait for a last minute deal.;) Hopefully we can get a good deal on a one way car rental to see some U.S. country side coming back.

There is a roll call started.:)

Last reason I have for the Spirit repo is my D.W. said this is the one she like's.

I think I'm leanin towards the Spirit. Can anyone add some info on the ship? Does she have a laundry like the Dawn, how are the restaurants, tippling holes and is there a Quest game that is like the one on RCCL. I love playing Quest and come prepared.:D

I really appreciate the info. Ms Toad, aka Barb or Beej

Of course, i want Shak help. Alanna, I just can't help myself. The thought of going into NY to the 12th Street pier is daunting to say the least. Gotta fly to LaGuardia then taxi from Long Island to the city. That dds at least another $200 onto the price without Miami. staying in NYC overnight is a real killer. I've been looking at the hotels for a weekend away and the prices are way high.

So if anyone can give me a good idea about getting to the port and or staying in the city overnight that won't break the bank, let me know fast. Driving to Black Falcon is a real plus

So ashamed of my toady old self. Help me out Shak.

Archived