? about muster drills

hawkfanI

Our muster station was in the Schooner bar so we grabbed our life jackets and went and had a few drinks before the drill. It worked out nicely! :p

Of course we didn't put our life jackets on until we were actually told to!

Keeping my fingers crossed that my muster station will be in Schooner Bar, Oliver or Twist, or Vintages!!!!:p

We don't go "late" but we don't leave our cabin iluntil they actually sound the alarm (which is what they tell you to do). We are on time bit among the last to arrive. I don't understand why people go 15 minutes early.

While 15 minutes is a bit extreme, we went about 5-10 minutes early because my mother in law cannot really go down 10 flights of stairs so we took the elevators before they were disabled. By the way, they never told us, what would she do in the event of an actual emergency, being that she can't use stairs?

Some muster hints:

Go a little late so you aren't in the back sweltering.

From another cc poster: wear a wet washcloth from your cabin around the back of your neck to stay cooler. For some reason we always end up facing the setting sun, and in FL departure ports that can be pretty uncomfortable.

One person returns the life jackets to the cabin, while the other finds a good spot to watch the sailaway (if you want).

Don't try to hide in your cabin: they check, AND your cabin steward gets in trouble if you are in there.

Darn good advice Peggy. Like you, we have it down to a science now.

We don't go "late" but we don't leave our cabin iluntil they actually sound the alarm (which is what they tell you to do). We are on time bit among the last to arrive. I don't understand why people go 15 minutes early.

Sent DW and MIL on down early...since MIL needs extra help. She managed to get lost on the ship several times...thankfully never needed to muster for real.

DD and I waited for the bells then walked slowly to the muster station we were at...right at a door and stairs...we were let loose early, every family a couple at a time was given a pass to head back with the announcements about the ship and upcoming cruise in progress. It was pretty nice to get back to the cabine before everyone else started heading back.

We always grab our life vests and go down to a bar on the level of the drill for one last drink just before they start shutting down the bars. We then wait in comfort in the bar until they announce the drill.

On the Solstice(and the rest of the ships upcoming in that class), they have a new system..........you go to your assigned area and watch a video(its a pre recorded tape of how,where and why kind of info).......

Sounds like a newer Continental aircraft...I've seen the system break and the FAs all bent since they didn't want to do it the old way...:D

Sadly in a true emergency requiring a rush to the LBoats...I doubt it will be as calm as the muster drill.

The best was as we stood there one drill lady next to us was going on about how big a waste of time it was...so I looked at wife and said loudly that I'm sure the folks on the Explorer that sank off Antarctica...the lady who was complaining got dead silent at that point and listened...the crew turned around so she wouldn't see him laugh at her. Folks on the other side of me smiled at me as they were all getting really ticked off at all the woman's complaining....

;)Our stateroom (on AOS two weeks ago) was in the front of the ship on deck 9 and our muster station was on deck 5 in the Royal Crown Lounge... seems to me that if I'm in the Windjammer(aft) and I need to get my life jacket & then go to deck 5.. I'll just stay there for another cookie & then go to the rail & over I go....

I always remember our first muster drill that my MIL was with us. She was on a totally different deck at a different station. But at our muster station, I looked across and there she was with us! My husband said to her.."Mother, what you doing here"..

In a loud Scots accent :o "Och wee son, if this big beastie is goin doon then we'r aw gan the gether"!:D:D:D

Joking aside, please dont say RCI mkae you go outside??? Not in NJ in January oh please say its indoors????:rolleyes:

My wife got her hair stuck on the velcro on the lifevest during the Muster drill VERY FUNNY for my son and I LOL.... Cannot wait till Jan 3rd!!! my son and I are going to pull a prank on her...

Can you elaborate on your plan? I promise I won't tell her.

Bill I was referring to after we are all in place on the Promenade and just standing. Prior to leaving our rooms, RCL is very informative. Our most recent cruise this Oct, they announced the Drill what we were to do in following the staff to our assigned area, but once we got to the Promenade Deck we all stood and chatted, nothing further was said until the crew dismissed us.

Bill I was referring to after we are all in place on the Promenade and just standing. Prior to leaving our rooms, RCL is very informative. Our most recent cruise this Oct, they announced the Drill what we were to do in following the staff to our assigned area, but once we got to the Promenade Deck we all stood and chatted, nothing further was said until the crew dismissed us.

Wow, that is contrary to our experiences on all of our RCI (and other lines) cruises. After the group assembles at the muster station there has always been a demonstration by the crew regarding how to put on life jackets and the CD or whoever is on the PA has gone through the entire drill about what to do in the event of a real emergency and has then informed the passengers in detail about smoking regulations, SOLAS, and the RCI guest policy. I am very surprised to hear of your experience which was so different.:)

the CD or whoever is on the PA has gone through the entire drill about what to do in the event of a real emergency and has then informed the passengers in detail about smoking regulations, SOLAS, and the RCI guest policy..:)
Lets not forget Saves the Waves too!!:p

I was surprised as well, but this happened before when we took the BOS for an 11 Night Caribbean. Prior to the actual Call to our Muster stations, there was alot of information, but unlike Princess, when we arrive to our assigned locations, they explained in detail what we would do in the event of an emergency. One poor lady had to helped out from the back, as we were standing there, she had trouble breathing. She was alright, but an elderly lady and being in the back, felt packed in, so they brought her to the front. One of the passengers noted her situation and asked everyone to let her out.

Archived