Tour With Woody Reviews?

lisaannm

• 1 month later...

Just wondering about a swimsuit should I wear one under my clothing for swimming. If there is swimming whats the water like I heard Dominica has black sand so you probably can't see the bottom like other islands. I'm thinking the water is cold too is it?:eek:

Thanks

Just wondering about a swimsuit should I wear one under my clothing for swimming. If there is swimming whats the water like I heard Dominica has black sand so you probably can't see the bottom like other islands. I'm thinking the water is cold too is it?

Thanks

Yes -- wear a swimsuit under your clothing. Your other option is to hide behind a tree to change because he'll take you to secluded beaches where there are no public facilities or change rooms. The water was not cold (you're in the carribean!). Woody used to swim in the Olympics so he'll probably go for a dip with you (he did with us). We had a wonderful time. My only advice is to plan ahead if you want him to stop for lunch somewhere... he has snacks and beverages but if you're like me and need to EAT, plan a stop for lunch ahead of time with him.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in on the "Woody" accolades. We booked a private tour with him in November and it was the absolute best day of our cruise. It also ranks as one of our best shore excursions in 6 cruises.

We feel privileged to have been able to see so much of this beautiful island and learn of it’s people and history from Woody.

He is excellent in corresponding with you before and after your trip and will answer any questions that you may have.

The private beach (Woody’s Beach) is absolutely breathtaking. The water was extremely warm and clear. The scenery is beautiful, when I need to go to a happy place this is were my mind takes me. Especially the memory of Woody meeting me at the edge of the ocean with a glass of wine in hand for me....yes paradise!;)

Woody was just wonderful!!! We toured the island with him on Jan. 5, 2010. He is very professional yet extremely friendly and a pleasure to be with. He taught us all about his island and took us to places of unimaginable beauty. We have been on 11 cruises and numerous tours but none compare to the day we spent with him. We were somewhat concerned about "going off the beaten trail" in an unknown country but we can assure you that it was one of the best days that we have ever spent on an island tour. Thanks Woody, you gave us some wonderful memories!

Debbie & Don

Woody was just wonderful!!! We toured the island with him on Jan. 5, 2010. He is very professional yet extremely friendly and a pleasure to be with. He taught us all about his island and took us to places of unimaginable beauty. We have been on 11 cruises and numerous tours but none compare to the day we spent with him. We were somewhat concerned about "going off the beaten trail" in an unknown country but we can assure you that it was one of the best days that we have ever spent on an island tour. Thanks Woody, you gave us some wonderful memories!

Debbie & Don

Thanks for the review. We just booked with Woody and we just can't wait:D

Will be there in March and it is our first time in Dominica and we are really looking forward to it. Will report back upon our return home

I was really excited about the Woody trip, well to make a long story short, he is full but is willing to have his assitant take us and meet up with him on the beach, the price is now 110.00 per person. i just thought that was a little pricey?? There are other tours that are much cheaper.

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my group of 6 toured with Woody on Tues, Jan 19, 2010. It was by far the best tour out of 14 cruises...which means out of more that 95 days of cruising!

That being said you will not be disappointed in your tour with him. The highlight of this tour for me was the secluded beach he takes you too. It's off roading all the way down to the beach. Paradise!

Rum punch, beer, fruit & breads were provided. The rum punch is homemade & very tasty! :)

Seriously no worries with him!!! He is the BEST!!! He's handsome too!

Happy Sailing!

Sue

We booked with Woody last year in January off the Summit. We had the most thorough tour with SOOOOO much historic and cultural info included. He is articulate, very intelligent and most accommodating. Just booked another cruise and will be contacting him for another tour...hopefully he has a tour that will take in some areas we didn't have an opportunity to see last year. Oh, there were 5 of us, my daughter has some mobility issues, and he couldn't have been more sensitive and took that into consideration when planning our route!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I thought I would post my review that I did for the member reviews on cruise critic from my day in Dominicia with Woody!

This was our 3rd or 4th visit to Dominica. This was the most anticipated stop for me. I booked several weeks before leaving on the cruise a private tour for the day with Woody Dominica. This was by far the best tour out of 14 cruises or out of 95+ days of cruising. Simply the BEST!

Don't miss out on this tour if your planning on visiting Dominica.

Our day began with meeting Woody at the pier. He was waiting on the street next to the Royal Canada(I think) bank. He had a sign held high up so we could clearly see him. He's 6'5 so it's not so hard!! Our group of 6 & Woody proceed to his Land Rover Defender. Seating was 4 inside & 2 outside. He showed us a map of where he would be taking us for the day. We made many stops for photo ops & he was full of knowledge. We beat the crowd to Jaco falls & had some nice pictures taken there as well. We never felt rushed just took our time looking around. There was a guy there offering fresh fruits, sugar cane, etc. you could enjoy & donations were accepted. At this point we were ready for Woody's homemade rum punch! He also had local beer, 2 bottle of wine (at our request), water, fruits & homemade breads. Again along the way he always showed us on a map of our next stop. Once we got by the river tubing area, he told us this is the final place that the cruise lines will stop their tours. It was nice to know that we wouldn't be seeing anyone else until we got back to the ship! My favorite stop- he took us down a steep path (off roading) down to a secluded beach.I have to say it was beautiful. Paradise. We had 1 1/2 hours there to swim, play, eat & drink. There was only 2 other people on the beach that are locals & they come this beach everyday. Woody took time out to talk to us, swim, take pictures. It was a perfect day in paradise. We left the beach the same way we came (off roading). We stopped a few more times for some history & photo ops. When we returned to the port it was sad to say our goodbyes but I know we'll be friends forever. He is a gentleman, professional, kind, knowledgeable, and handsome too! I just can't say enough about our day with him. You would be amazed at how reasonable his tour cost is for how wonderfully private your day is. Carnival has a port rating with 5+ being the highest. I'm telling you this was a 10+ rated tour.