Tour With Woody Reviews?

lisaannm

The search feature, is down, as always, so I apologize if this has been covered already, but I couldnt find it....

Has anyone taken a tour with Woody? If so I would love to hear all about it.

Thanks in advance! Lisa

I just used woody as my key word with the Search this Forum feature and 25 threads including this one appeared. The word is in the thread titles or somewhere in the posts on the threads.

Type in your key word or words then click the little Go button. I suggest you do not try a search with too many or too common of key words at one time. This will sometime overwhelm the search feature with too many threads to scan and it will time out. From time to time, you may receive an error message that says "Search function is down". PLEASE TRY AGAIN in a few moments. This message will often pop up during the busiest times of the day.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
typo due to my fat paws & skinny 'puter keys!

Thank You, I know how to use the search function....just that it's constantly 'down' when I try, which I just did again before and after readigng your response. I usually get onto cruise critic before and after work, and for a few days now, it's been down when I try. Will have to keep at, I suppose I'll get lucky one of these days.

Lisa

My bro and SIL did a private tour with Woody last week and LOVED him. Told me that's the tour I should've done too (went with Antours). It was 7:30-4:00, a long day, but they saw great sights, swam, he had fresh fruit, snacks and juices. He can take you off the beaten path which is very nice.

I'll try to get more info from my bro and SIL for you. I will try him out next time after their rave review.

My DW and myself did the Off the Beaten Path tour with Woody and it was the highlight of our So. Caribbean cruise.... Woody is extremely knowledgeable of Dominica, its history, and its people.... Not running into anyone from our ship on an island as small as Dominica is a feat in itself.... We were treated to a selcuded waterfall on private property.... There was a little hiking involved but it was nothing strendious.... Fresh fruit, beer, and a killer homemade rum punch were provided along with bottled water or soft drinks.... Along with a swim on a secluded black sand beach in the Atlantic, we traveled around in Woody's Land Rover in comfort....

I'm sure that I don't do justice to the tour we were given.... Try it and you WILL NOT be disappointed....

Joey & Pat

• 2 weeks later...

We used Woody yesterday off the GRAND TRANSALANTIC cruise as well as last year...My kids have used too and rave about him..His Land Rover is the best as well as his special Rum Punch...Cost for entire day is $90 per person and he deserved a tip...He is like an old friend now....USE HIM

BERT REGARDS ED and ELSIE:cool::cool:

We used him in May of this year and had a blast! We had 6 of us (which is his max) and paid $75 pp. We just booked again for April this year for 5 and it was $75 pp. I know that if it is less then 5 it is $90 pp. I would recommend him! He is the best and his tour is worth everh $:D

Sorry I missed your post Ladyonboard.... Glad that falcon74 and Cool Cordi answered.... I know that the price seems a bit high but believe me when I say that this is one of those things in life where you get what you pay for....

It would be ashame to visit Dominica and not be able to experience it in a way that only Woody can provide

Joey & Pat

• 1 month later...

Book with Woody, we promise you will not be disappointed!! We were just on a 12 day RC cruise and by way far, our day spent with Woody was the highlight of our entire honeymoon trip!!

I have lots of beautiful pictures from our day with him, if you'd like to see, feel free to email me at lisa.ann.laurenzi@verizon.net or if you have any other questions about the specifics of his tour.

His professionalism is unbeatable, he kept in touch with us before our trip, and we have touched based after getting home as well. He took us to the most beautiful, secluded places. His knowledge of this beautiful island is endless, we felt like royalty, were taken care of, and besides all of that had tons of fun.

We loved Woody! We were in Dominica last Monday(1/12/09) and toured with Woody. There were 5 of us and we agree with everything the above poster just wrote. Woody was fun to be with and a fabulous ambassador of his island. The only 2 snags, and things you would want to prepare and arrange in advance for are,

1.there is no lunch break

2. no bathroom breaks

We could have used both, but didn't want to slow the momentum of the excursion.

We were out for 7 hours and Woody charge us $75.00/pp. He provided drinks and fresh pineapple slices. His Land Rover got us places that other groups couldn't get to in the bigger vans. Additionally, there was just us...it was our personal tour of this beautiful island. We passed a couple of tour groups who had hiked from a main road to get to a waterfall he took us to. We had a short hike from a small trail.

We would definitely recommend Woody and hope you have as lovely a day as we did.

We just got back from Victory cruise. Toured with Woody for the second year in a row. He is professional and knows his island well. He took us to way off the beaten path places and we never encountered others from the ship. Swam in the ocean, saw a waterfall, and more. No lunch but if you brought something (yogurt from the ship) he put it in the cooler. Provided fresh pinapple and all sorts of drinks. Try the cream rum punch, yummy. He is a bit more than some of the other operators, but worth it. We did group tour on another island and it reminded us why we like PRIVATE tours. No working around a group and you go when and where you want. Bathrooms are a bit rustic (!) but we're up north people so trees work fine. Remember to bring hand wipes.

• 3 weeks later...

On Feb.10th we had a private island tour of Dominica with Woody Lawrence and we truly enjoyed ourselves! His LandRover went off-road onto private beaches and to a private waterfall that only about 5 people a week get to see! Truly "Off The Beaten Trail".

If you're looking for a private tour that will take you where no tour buses will roam, then I highly recommend you contact Woody. His e-mail address is: adquatics@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

omagosh!!! 17 cruises and this was among the top 3 tours.... he is educated, knowledgeable, personable.... certainly Off The Road..... he has family ties to the Caribe Indians.... met us with a sign at the port... you CANNOT GO WRONG!!!

Dinah

• 3 weeks later...

Last year (February) we tried to book with Woody but he was fun but recommended a friend, Sheppee. This is my account:-

"Dominica:- Time for the trip with Sheppee’s Fun Tours and I was nervous. There were 10 of us in the end after Martin’s friends joined us and Outdoor Girl and her other half and Flyfisher and his better half also came along. We did not have to tender ashore as we thought we would have to and found Sheppee who introduced us to our driver (whose name we cannot remember) and set off first through some fantastic rainforest to the Emerald Pool. We almost had the pool to ourselves and pictures I took show just a few other people there, but as we were leaving loads of buses were arriving so we were lucky and it shows the advantage of doing it private. After the pool we called into Mr. Nice’s fruit stall and tucked into lots of different fruit. Our driver was constantly pointing out the different plants and trees and stopped to show us things at times. We then carried on to one of the black sand beaches where the wife was able to cool down with a swim, before calling at a small restaurant in Roseau for some local food. After the food we went to the Botanical Gardens and then to a point overlooking the harbor where we could see two ships anchored out to sea and ours nicely docked at the pier alongside Carnival Destiny. Got back to the ship at 4pm after a fantastic day. Well worth the $40 each."

His e-mail is teedy45@yahoo.com

Just another big endorsement of Woody! We were with him last week (March 14) and it was everything everyone said it would be. Woody is very entertaining and super knowledgeable about his island. Highly recommended!

(Woody said he looks at this site from time to time - THANKS WOODY!

Gene and Kathy from Massachusetts)

• 1 month later...

We jsut returned from our trip and our tour with Woody was fantastic. He was also extremely professional and organized. I originally asked for the wrong date and he caught my mistake! He double checks on when your vessel is meant to be there as well as where it will dock. He sent us an email just before our departure from home with a recap of what to bring, where to meet him and contact numbers.

The day was great, it was a favorite of our whole family!

kristy

Hello "KateMah". No long hikes. Just short walks. We circled around 75% of the island (not the southern part where the tourist buses tend to go). He showed us a map of where we were as we went along. Cost was $220US for 2 people for the entire day. His e-mail address is: adquatics@yahoo.com. Snacks and beverages are included but lunch is not included so you might want to let him know you want to stop for lunch somewhere if you are the kind of person who needs to eat. Best to e-mail him directly with your questions. His English is flawless.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Group of 4 off the Victory just back from an amazing trip with Woody. Everyone reading this is lurking around these boards, worried about spending their hard earned money on this tour, just as we were. Is it worth it? Can I trust him? Will I have fun? Will I learn anything new?Well, I'm here to tell you that all your concerns are unfounded. Book with Woody and have an exceptional day!

Edited by itsnevereasy
typo