Are some of the surcharge resturants on the Jewell Dessier than others

jaw62901

While resort casual is always appropriate, I found that most people dressed a bit more (many in suit or blazer/cocktail dresses or dressy pant suit) in Le Bistro and Cagney's Steakhouse but it may not always be the same.

My guess is that most people chose those 2 restaurants for a special night and therefore wanted to go the extra mile to dress well for their date... but it's just a guess from my part.

We are packing dockers and polo's for me and sundresses, nice skirts, etc for my wife.

pretty much what we are bringing. Hubby is bringing one really nice sport shirt (almost like a dress shirt) but that is it. He will wear it the first formal optional night and I have a rather dressy outfit for that night. Otherwise what you are bringing will fit in just fine,.

NIta

Yes, you will see more that are dressed in dinner outfits. Maybe not formal, but dressed nice. And plenty of men with nice shirts, some with blazers.

What may be more noticeable is the very few people that take the "freestyle" concept a bit too far and are dressed down. The few that try to get by with outfits just above sweatpants and t-shirts often stand out.

all restaurants you can dress up or dress casual......BUT

Tangos is in a casual location so it does not feel like a nice place to dress up. The other restaurants are really nice and you almost feel like dressing up. I did wear leather flip flops with linen pants and a golf shirt and felt just fine. But I felt like at cagney's, mamas, le bistro and chin chin you would feel nice to dress up, but honestly do not have to.

Yes, you will see more that are dressed in dinner outfits. Maybe not formal, but dressed nice. And plenty of men with nice shirts, some with blazers.

What may be more noticeable is the very few people that take the "freestyle" concept a bit too far and are dressed down. The few that try to get by with outfits just above sweatpants and t-shirts often stand out.

Only if you are the sort that looks and cares.

sweatshirt without advertising is good with slacks since jeans are frowned upon. Dockers & polos are what my husband lived in. Boat shoes or tennis shoes were accepted.

By who certainly not the ship or its people

Jeans are fine except in the desinated dining room.

I guess it just boils down to individual sense of what is appropriate. This issue has been raised on these pages for years and there is no agreement.

When I ate in Cagneys two months ago on the Trans-Atlantic Jewel crossing, I did not see anybody there who was not dressed up. I did not go there to check out what people wore, but it has the ambiance of a fine, elegant restaurant and the people on that particular voyage apparently responded appropriately.

I guess it just boils down to individual sense of what is appropriate. This issue has been raised on these pages for years and there is no agreement.

When I ate in Cagneys two months ago on the Trans-Atlantic Jewel crossing, I did not see anybody there who was not dressed up. I did not go there to check out what people wore, but it has the ambiance of a fine, elegant restaurant and the people on that particular voyage apparently responded appropriately.

Completely agree that there will be no agreement. Too many people have too many different opinions for everybody to ever agree. No different from food preferences.

Myself, I base my judgment of what is appropriate on what my host deems appropriate - no different from how I would approach a dinner party invitation. If my host says it's a formal gathering, then it's up to me to honor that request. Similarly, with NCL, if resort casual is deemed appropriate every night in every restaurant, then I have no problem with that. The setting makes very little difference to me. JMHO

Archived