Skinny on mid-ship balconies near elevator?

dvrdude

DW and I just got our Westerdam cabin assigment, a VB from a VH GUAR. !! :D Whoo Hoo!! DW did, however express concern about its proximity to the mid-ship glass elevator. Don't get me wrong. I'm far from complaining, just curious as to others experiences with these cabins. One cabin removed from elevator, speifically. Thanks for any in-put.

That should not be a problem. On the Noordam and the E-dam I made a concerted effort to check out the balcony views from the glass elevators. I was able to see the entire balcony immediately next to the elevator, but only the rail of the next one over.

Ah, the research I do for the CC readers! ;)

We were in an SA right next to the exterior elevators and did not hear a thing. If you are at the railing you can look in the elevator but typically they are whizzing past. If you are one cabin away you will not hear or see anything from them.

Gary

We are leaving on Saturday for Panama Canal on the Zuiderdam. We had a VZ guarantee and was bumped up to an SA but it is right next to the glass elevator down the hall from the Neptune Lounge. Ask me if I care that someone zooming past may be able to see me lounging on my fabulous balcony with canapes and drinks I just picked up at the Neptune. I don't think so :D I'll let everyone know how it was when we get back.

We are leaving on Saturday for Panama Canal on the Zuiderdam. We had a VZ guarantee and was bumped up to an SA but it is right next to the glass elevator down the hall from the Neptune Lounge. Ask me if I care that someone zooming past may be able to see me lounging on my fabulous balcony with canapes and drinks I just picked up at the Neptune. I don't think so :D I'll let everyone know how it was when we get back.

View of those balconies on the Zuiderdam:

2631214820102790654S600x600Q85.jpg

The elevators move rather fast and most people will be looking out to sea, so I don't think it will be as bad. There pictures capture just a very fleeting view.

And if anyone is stopped at your floor and does look at you, just wave and raise a glass. :)

I have sailed in 6093 - which is the SB right next to the midship elevators - twice - once on Noordam and once on Westerdam. It was NO PROBLEM - In fact we really liked not being closed in on both sides by walls when on the balcony. Felt very large and open. As already mentioned, people in the elevators are not looking at your balcony, they are looking out to sea, and even if they are TRYING to look at you, in the split second it takes for them to pass deck 6, I doubt if they're going to get much of a show. We never felt at all "on display". Enjoy your cabin. We loved being just steps (stairs) from the Neptune.

Have a great cruise!

Edited: I just noticed that you are even a cabin REMOVED from the elevator. Forget it. You will not be in any way bothered by the elevator - you won't even be conscious it's there.

Moriah

I got off the Oosterdam this morning and I was in 6091. My balcony was right next to the elevators and I had no issues whatsoever. My biggest concern was noise but the only noise we ever heard was the winch for the tenders. (And even that noise was not bad.)

I would take this cabin again.

Archived