Photos from the Celebrity Solstice!

pierces

• 2 weeks later...

wow! i just looked through all of your photos with my jaw gaping - those are amazing! my father did photography as his main hobby - he passed away when he was 32 and all I have left is the photos he left behind. i have recently started getting into photography - it just feels right to me. i have a good camera (not DSLR yet) and some accessories and an assortment of books. i am trying to teach myself everything but as you know its hard.

i can only hope one day my photos are as good as yours - thanks for sharing!

wow! i just looked through all of your photos with my jaw gaping - those are amazing! my father did photography as his main hobby - he passed away when he was 32 and all I have left is the photos he left behind. i have recently started getting into photography - it just feels right to me. i have a good camera (not DSLR yet) and some accessories and an assortment of books. i am trying to teach myself everything but as you know its hard.

i can only hope one day my photos are as good as yours - thanks for sharing!

Photography has been a hobby of mine for most of my life and my main hobby for the last 20 years. It relaxes me and the results (images) leave me happy and completely without a need for therapy.

If a camera in your hand feels right, then by all means pursue photography. If it gives you a feeling of connection to your father, that's a big bonus.

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos and I thank you for the kind words. Keep shooting and remember; the best photo isn't the biggest seller or the prize winner...it's the one you like!

Happy shooting!

Dave

Dave:

Wow, amazing photos as always! You are so quick. It was great to meet you on the Solstice. We have lots of photos to go through and will post soon.

Cheers!

Donna/Michael

I enjoyed meeting you folks as well. People usually avoid me when I'm lurking around taking pictures at oh-dark-thirty in the morning. I'm glad you didn't!

Looking forward to your posting!

Dave

Ok.... :eek:

I'm looking at the stats for the Solstice photos and they have received over 67,000 hits since noon yesterday.

And wouldn't you know it, the pictures of the room and balcony have the highest hit count!

It's nice to know that so many people are interested in this incredible ship and are enjoying the photos of her.

If you haven't booked yet, clear your schedule!:D

Again, thanks for all the encouraging comments.

Dave

Dave - Looks like you had just to much fun on your trip!:D I really liked the Maho Beach :eek: shots too! The ship looks beautiful!

Thanks for sharing and your pictures confirm that the rules with the classes you are leading = some really great pictures! :D

Dave,

Your photos of the theater are particularly good. Did you do anything with the color balance in camera or post processing. WOW shots!

Larry

I just remembered to switch to Tungsten since my camera, like most, can't be relied on to figure it out on Auto. Once switched, it did great.

Dave

Well, here they are:

http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/solstice08

What a ship! It definitely raises the bar for the rest of the industry.

All-in-all a terrific time was had.

BTW, Maho beach is on my permanent "Don't Miss" list!

Enjoy!

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for sharing...I was invited to the

2 Night Pre-Inaugural Naming Ceremony last month:)

I have yet to book a regular cruise on her....hoping

for the end of 2009.

I just spent the last 15 minutes just looking at St Maarten and have been literally taken away by your photos. I can nearly feel the jet blast from the planes!

Inspiring is an understatement.

Thank you very much for sharing your amazing talent with us. Wow.

Archived