Our PVP is gone

DG2004

But last week, NCL declined to comment on its direct sales program, and Carnival would only say that the percentage of direct bookings had "declined fairly significantly" over the last year. Royal Caribbean was the only line to offer any figures, saying its direct sales percentage was in the "upper teens" and was increasing slowly.

:rolleyes: This article is still missing A LOT of data from 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. It jumps from the 2004 remark to "last week in 2008".

Our pvp of a few years also "left" without warning. Had a message on his extension saying he would be back in his office 8/19. Come mid Sept., numerous calls to him got the same recorded message, with an addition now referring us to a different pvp at a different extension. In Oct. his extension was no longer "in use". When I called the general #, the person who helped me said he was no longer with Carnival. I am pretty shocked, as he was "high up" on the pvp food chain.

we are getting emails from some other person and we have tried calling our pvp..only to get a recording giving us the run around.

our pvp was one of the reasons we stayed so loyal to CCL....I really hope carnival knows what it is doing if they are cutting them back

:rolleyes: This article is still missing A LOT of data from 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. It jumps from the 2004 remark to "last week in 2008".

Wouldn't last week, in July 2008 be pretty up to date statistics Tapi???? Geesh.....still waiting for how you got your "More than all the Ta's in the world combined " statement????? ...you haven't even tried to answer that....if you are going to throw an complete exaggeration out there...back it up with facts...so far you seem to be running away from it...with only "higher ups in CCL have told you"...that means nothing to me. Have met them personally, being an employee of one of their top producing agencies...and if your "friend" produces more than any agency out there....I work for one with over 2500 agents...hard to believe one person can beat bookings from just mine, much less everyone in the world! Get a grip...

Remember that you can also book online with Carnival and never talk to anyone. This also accounts for the percentages of Carnivals direct marketing. I could go online right now and have a cruise booked through their site in 5 minutes time and never talk to anyone......;)

The numbers a skewed. With so many people leaving that have been there so long it is obvious that something is going on.......:eek:

I discovered last week my PVP was gone also. However when I spoke to Carnival, I was assigned a new PVP, and in our conversation I told her (new pvp) how much I appreciated my old pvp and would miss her. I was told my old pvp had an opportunity to be affloat on the Liberty for a 6 month period selling cruises. So she is still with Carnival.

I discovered last week my PVP was gone also. However when I spoke to Carnival, I was assigned a new PVP, and in our conversation I told her (new pvp) how much I appreciated my old pvp and would miss her. I was told my old pvp had an opportunity to be affloat on the Liberty for a 6 month period selling cruises. So she is still with Carnival.

did your old PVP have the intials M Y?

You haven't even tried to answer that....if you are going to throw an complete exaggeration out there...back it up with facts...so far you seem to be running away from it...with only "higher ups in CCL have told you"...that means nothing to me. Have met them personally, being an employee of one of their top producing agencies...and if your "friend" produces more than any agency out there....I work for one with over 2500 agents...hard to believe one person can beat bookings from just mine, much less everyone in the world! Get a grip...

lvtotrvl1:

The information that I share on Cruise Critic, is exactly what I choose to share, not what you, or anybody else tries to bully out of me. I mentioned to you where I get my information. However I'm choosing not to provide more personal information in an open forum just to refute your information.

My relationship with Carnival goes well beyond just "having met" top people for this company. However, once again, trying to validate that information in an open forum requires providing personal information about me and other people. Sorry, but it's not going to happen.

Learning that you work for a travel agency makes me realize why you are so defensive about my post. Don't worry. Although the top PVP at Carnival does have a name (which I know), he runs his own business with his own guests. He's not interested in taking yours. There's enough business out there for all...

You're entitled to write in this forum as much as I am, but I ask you not to attack me. If you feel the need to refute me, please do so in a professional matter, not with bullying.

Archived