OK. I've waited long enough! Secret large Solstice Balconies, please!!!

Muushka

Janet,

Would you say that Starboard side cabins #7286 and #7264 are the mirror image of the cabin you were in #7241?

Yes, both are on the floor plan attached; you can see the long 14 ft balcony side next to the 2B cabins on the hump.

Checking back again to see if anyone has been in 8334 or 8343. These are 1A cabins, the last rooms on the sides of the ship (not aft cabins)

Are the balconies larger?

Where's the bed in the room, at the balcony or closer to the bathroom?

Thanks.

Yes -- I saw 8343 and it is a larger balcony. I can't say exactly how large as we just peeked at it during a cabin crawl. But larger than normal. I don't remember the location of the bed.

And note, contrary to the deck plans, 8341/8330 have a normal balcony altho drawn as angled.

We had 1A 9270 and it definitely has the largest 1A balcony as described so well by Janet.

• 2 months later...
Thanks everyone, great data! I will go look up all this wonderful infomation!

Still no one has stayed in 1547 on these boards?

And what about that overhang? Anyone stay under it?

We were in 1586 on the 3/15 Solstice cruise were right under the overhang; at this part of the ship there are large support beams that go from the deck below to support the overhang and it really did result in an almost obstructed view (but not enough to limit our enjoyment of the balcony which was your average/"normal" size.) It looks like in 1547 you should be far enough up front that the support beam won't be a problem and, as best I could tell from our cabin, your balcony seems to be slightly larger but I couldn't say for sure.

This will our first cruise and with all the great info from all you guys,I was able to book 9237 for the Oct 5th cruise in 2010 on the Solstice.This is a minor question but the wife asked me if the bed is near the balcony or door.Could you provide any info thanks in advance

If you had a choice betwwen 7260, 7292, or 7245 would 7245 be the one with the largest balcony?

I guess I should also add that 7211 and 7215 are also available. There in no info on the solstice chart regarding these cabins.

60, 45 and 15 are the largest of the angled hump balconies. 92 and 11 are larger than regular, but not largest.

This will our first cruise and with all the great info from all you guys,I was able to book 9237 for the Oct 5th cruise in 2010 on the Solstice.This is a minor question but the wife asked me if the bed is near the balcony or door.Could you provide any info thanks in advance

Bed next to the closet.

We were in 1586 on the 3/15 Solstice cruise were right under the overhang; at this part of the ship there are large support beams that go from the deck below to support the overhang and it really did result in an almost obstructed view (but not enough to limit our enjoyment of the balcony which was your average/"normal" size.) It looks like in 1547 you should be far enough up front that the support beam won't be a problem and, as best I could tell from our cabin, your balcony seems to be slightly larger but I couldn't say for sure.

We just returned and stayed in 1553. The support beams do interfere with taking panaromic photos from the veranda. Additionally, in 1551 and 1549, there is the window washer that interferes with the view. It is always in the way. I would imagine that 1547 has issues due to lack of a panoramic view.

Also, the overhang is very large. There will be no sunshine to hit your balcony.

Hello all - looking to book a room on the Aug 17 Solstice - possibly a 2B category. For the experts out there - any information on the best location for this category of room would be greatly appreciated. Also, it seems the life boats are on deck 6, but is deck 7 a pretty good location as far as still have a decent unobstructed view?

Thank you! :)

Jessie

I am just starting to think about Solstice and so am way behind the eight ball on this room thing. Do I understand correctly that it is basically the 1A cabins that have the large balconies? There is 7215 available for the cruise we are looking at--I don't particularly care about CC or AQ 'goodies' so is this a good choice? I do LOVE a large balcony. It sounds like you don't get footrests with 1A?

The price differential between all balcony cabins is relatively small so i want to choose wisely--what about SV? Are those all the smaller balconies?

Thanks for any help

Cathy

I booked 7215, but now I see that 7243 is available; I am thinking maybe the lack of wind may be preferable, although I'm not sure how I'd feel if I couldn't see forward. Does anyone know if the balcony on 7243 is as large as 7215? Trying to get the most bang for my buck here.

Also I have seen several references to closet issues when the bed is on that side--can anyone elaborate on that? I feel that I'd prefer the couch near the window but I'm not sure what the closet issue is.

Thanks!

Cathy

I booked 7215, but now I see that 7243 is available; I am thinking maybe the lack of wind may be preferable, although I'm not sure how I'd feel if I couldn't see forward. Does anyone know if the balcony on 7243 is as large as 7215? Trying to get the most bang for my buck here.

Also I have seen several references to closet issues when the bed is on that side--can anyone elaborate on that? I feel that I'd prefer the couch near the window but I'm not sure what the closet issue is.

Thanks!

Cathy

Cathy - The cabins felt like narrow width cabins to me and from here-on-in I will want to have the bed at the balcony in order to avoid what I beleive would be a loss of circulation space with it in the middle of the cabin.

Hi didn't read all the posts so don't know if you got your answer. We just got back on the 29 Mar cruise on room 1547. Yes, the balcony is extra long, great if you have a group, etc. HOWEVER, we received no sun because of the overhang. Slight obstruction with window washing machine. Room was quiet though and close to stairs/elevator

by the way, the bed is near the closet and the beam is to your left, not too much in the way, more sun if you took 1545 but smaller balcony. And its longer, not wider. So if you bring your jump rope there is room. Ha!!

Archived