OK. I've waited long enough! Secret large Solstice Balconies, please!!!

Muushka

Has anyone stayed in 8343 or 8334? We're hoping these were good picks?

We were in 8344. larger balcony than the adjoining cabin 8353 (yes 8344 and 8353 are next to each other, not a typo!), which was larger than the one to the right of 8353. 8344 probably has a larger balcony because there is a storage closet for luggage carts between that cabin and the one to its left.

8344 has bet by the balcony 8353 has bed by the bathroom.

Hope this helps.

Susan

I was in 9239 so I know my list is correct , I spent 7 days on my xtra large balcony!

Hi Lt Dan. Can you confirm that my redraw of deck 9's hump cabins on the port side is correct, since you stayed in 9239. I'm booked in 1243, one more cabin forward on deck #10 for January 09.

694346434_Bumpout9a.jpg.9747173ac2b8ef5ffd59d778d8155f13.jpg (click to enlarge)

We are booked in a stern cabin on the Equinox next year and I recently noticed that there may be some sort of deck right below us that blocks our view of the water below. I believe we are on Deck 6. Also, is there an issue with privacy with the balcony above? Thanks in advance! Meg

MGT2007 - What cabin # are you in ? I know that all the lifeboats are on the deck directly below you and the lifeboats are raised up so on deck 6 if Im not mistaken you will have to look past the LB's for your view. To make sure i would look up some recent photos & locate your cabin # and decide for yourself.

DAN

We stayed in SS 6304. I was concerned about the ledge beyond the veranda rail. I think it is one of the specialty restaurants below. To be honest, it didn't block the view and the room was very large compared to the SS we have stayed in previously. The balcony was also larger as it was angled. I would definitely book a room with this same layout. Also, the room had a large entry foyer that is shared with an adjacent cabin. It was very quiet. One last note....we didn't find the closet space to be an issue at all--I think it was larger than the closets on Galaxy (we sailed on her for 11 days). Perhaps other cabins on Solstice have smaller closets.

We stayed in SS 6304. I was concerned about the ledge beyond the veranda rail. I think it is one of the specialty restaurants below. To be honest, it didn't block the view and the room was very large compared to the SS we have stayed in previously. The balcony was also larger as it was angled. I would definitely book a room with this same layout. Also, the room had a large entry foyer that is shared with an adjacent cabin. It was very quiet. One last note....we didn't find the closet space to be an issue at all--I think it was larger than the closets on Galaxy (we sailed on her for 11 days). Perhaps other cabins on Solstice have smaller closets.

Did you by any chance take any photos of your cabin? This is one category that we haven't seen yet. We'd all appreciate a photo.

Cabin #7354.

We have booked this cabin for our Dec 7th cruise. It used to be a 1A, but now is a 2C. We actually got a $60 refund per person, when it became a 2C.

Why did Celebrity change it? The balcony definitely looks bigger to me, but is there something else we should be aware of?

Lobster129 -- All the angled cabins towards the front of ship, back, all sides of humps have the larger balconies. I just used #9239 and that block of 4 cabins 9237, 9239, 9241, 9243 as an example. so any block of angled cabins will have larger balconies, the largest being the one next hump on down.

Hopes this helps DAN

Thaks--we have one of those booked;)

We were in 8344. larger balcony than the adjoining cabin 8353 (yes 8344 and 8353 are next to each other, not a typo!), which was larger than the one to the right of 8353. 8344 probably has a larger balcony because there is a storage closet for luggage carts between that cabin and the one to its left.

8344 has bet by the balcony 8353 has bed by the bathroom.

Hope this helps.

Susan

Thanks! We're in #8344 Feb. 22 sailing and hoped the rumour was true this was a larger balcony. Also the bed by the window is a great feature!

• 2 weeks later...

Checking back again to see if anyone has been in 8334 or 8343. These are 1A cabins, the last rooms on the sides of the ship (not aft cabins)

Are the balconies larger?

Where's the bed in the room, at the balcony or closer to the bathroom?

Thanks.

We have booked 1547, which we think :D, is a large one.

Can anyone who has cruised tell us, please, did you get an extra large balcony? What was the cabin number?

Got any pictures??;)

PS Our favorite cruise was Millie, in one of those extra large balconies. We would love to repeat that!

PS How about that overhang? Did it bother you?

We were in 1552 which is the same cabin on the Starboard side. Loved it. I spent a lot of time on the balcony and would book the cabin again in a heartbeat. Here is a exert from my review:

"We stayed in Aqua Class cabin 1552. This is up near the front of the ship under the Salon. It has a great balcony, large and angled. I like the overhang and actually switched to make sure we had a balcony with an overhang. The balcony had 2 nice chairs with foot stools and table. The balconies have a nice fake wood finish and not that rough finish that the M class ships have.

We really like the cabin. It is nicely decorated with an OK amount of storage and a 42” flat screen TV. Others will have an issue with the amount of hanging space. The closet space isn’t much to speak of. On the TV there are free on demand movies and Aqua Class exercise videos. Not sure if all the cabins have free on demand movies but I would think so. My wife likes to lie around in the morning and watch movies. Her idea of a great vacation so it works for us.

The bathroom was very spacious for cruise ship standards. The shower had plenty of room. We had the fancy shower with the extra nozzles. More of a gimmick than anything, but the shower head was nice. They did a good job with the bathrooms."

If you'd like some pictures email me at riced at Comcast dot net and pt Solstice pictures in the subject line.

enjoy,

Duane

Thanks everyone, great data! I will go look up all this wonderful infomation!

Still no one has stayed in 1547 on these boards?

And what about that overhang? Anyone stay under it?

Were on the 7 Dec sailing and stayed in 1601 (AQ on the forward side of the Hump) and it was under the overhang. Did not bother us at all. Most of the time there was sun for the DW and shade for me. Actually kind of liked it for the privacy and the ease of getting a forward view. It did get a bit breezy due to the ships forward motion but we really like the view.

Any of the "on the slope" verandas are deeper than the standard flat side ones. Ours was about 5 ft. deeper on the long side.

Loved the Ship!!

PS Agree totally with Duane's comments above!!

• 2 weeks later...
8253??

Anyone already had it? On the hump, but just barely. It's a 1A, but nothing else left in that category for our Equinox TA so, we will force ourselves to be happy with it:D and switch if something better comes along in the next 10 months!

Here is a detailed “plan” of how the “secret large balconies” work. We were in Solstice #7241 Cat. 1A; shown by red dot on this fire exit floor plan attached below. Top left cabin is #7258 and bottom left is #7211.

Standard veranda cabin balconies are about 8 feet wide and 6 ½ feet deep, shown on the hump 2B cabins like #7239 next to us.

#7241’s balcony is about 14’ deep on the right side and 11’ on left. #7243, our “pair cabin” to the left, has a balcony about 11 ‘ deep on its right side and about 8 ½ feet on left. Both cabins of the next pair move back and they too have deep balconies of about the same sizes, although possibly a bit less deep according to this map. #7245 and 7247 are not shown on this map, but the reverse pair on the other side of the hump is (#7211&15). The squarish little area in front of #7243 is a stateroom attendant closet. #7219 is the mirror image of #7241 and the balcony of #7215 is about the same size.

Using this map, you can figure out the large, larger and largest 1A angled balconies on each deck. Warning: Deck 8 cabin numbers are off by one. The cabins equal to #7211-19 in balcony size are #8251-8257. Thus #8253 is actually two up on the hump and has the deeper balcony, like #7215.

Our veranda felt huge, and because a 1A veranda, not CC, room, just has two chairs and table, no footstools. The extra large balcony is of much more value to us than CC amenities, and you can take the desk chair and coffee table out if needed. Three of us ate dinner on the balcony the night in SJ without a problem. Also being on the aft side of the hump gives you a break from the wind when under sail…we used the balcony often at all times of day and night, under sail and in port. It was wonderful.

1040875866_Solsticeplan.jpg.4a891bd6d4aa9aa4c3ed7b685b27ac75.jpg

what about 7256?..we are in that for feb 1...

Hi Amanda, That's a standard balcony size (53 sq. ft.). You will be above the tenders with an unobstructed view straight out.

The top left cabin on my "map" is the cabin to your right.

Archived