OK. I've waited long enough! Secret large Solstice Balconies, please!!!

Muushka

Were on the 7 Dec sailing and stayed in 1601 (AQ on the forward side of the Hump) and it was under the overhang. Did not bother us at all. Most of the time there was sun for the DW and shade for me. Actually kind of liked it for the privacy and the ease of getting a forward view. It did get a bit breezy due to the ships forward motion but we really like the view.

Any of the "on the slope" verandas are deeper than the standard flat side ones. Ours was about 5 ft. deeper on the long side.

Loved the Ship!!

PS Agree totally with Duane's comments above!!

Was there any noise from above ( pool deck) early in the morning or late at night?

Any hallway noise issues( storage rooms nearby)

Mostly sun/shade combination or all sunny or all shady?

Is this bacony larger than 1605?

Would really appreciate comments before booking! Thanks!!!

Help please!

I know that 1243 has a large balcony would anyone be able to tell me if 1247 is the same. Also has 1247 a bed by balcony or bathroom.

Thank you :confused:

1247 has the bed near the bathroom.

Hi didn't read all the posts so don't know if you got your answer. We just got back on the 29 Mar cruise on room 1547. Yes, the balcony is extra long, great if you have a group, etc. HOWEVER, we received no sun because of the overhang. Slight obstruction with window washing machine. Room was quiet though and close to stairs/elevator

Thanks! We just had a balcony on Century that was totally covered. Loved it!

We might be canceling this cruise, but hoping we will still be able to go.

Dan,

I think you may be off just a bit on your analysis. If you look closely at pictures of the ship, you will notice that the cabin glass doors of 9237 & 9239 are set back even with each other. Given the angle of the balcony edge yes 9237 is deeper and thus larger than 9239. However the next to cabins 9241 and 9243 are also set back even further and also equal to each other. So 9241 is also larger than 9243. But because of the additional setback I believe that your ranking should be as follows

9237 - largest

9237 - large but smaller

9241 - largest

9243 - large but smaller

Its hard to tell if the "pairs" have equal sizes but, 9241 is larger and maybe equal to 9237 and the other two are smaller and also may be of equal size,

Does that make sense?

Rich

After looking at a photo that does make sense;) really it does:)

Still hoping someone can fill in the details on 1601 or the opposite 1606!!!

( re: sun/shade, noise from above, hallway noise...)

We were in Solstice 1606 for the 19 April TA -- The bed is near the bath, and the balcony is HUGE!!! We entertained 6 people and could have fit an additional 2 without feeling crowded.

1601 is the exact same, except the bed is close to the balcony. We prefer 1606.

1599 and 1604 had the second of the larger balconies on the hump. Almost as big, but only a couple of feet shorter. 1599 bed near bath, and 1604 bed near balcony.

Big overhang, so not a lot of sun except if the ship were positioned in the right spot in the afternoon.

Noise -- zilch, zip, nadda. Just down the hallway from the elevators, and the elevators are separated from the hallway with an automatic sliding door access. Great design.

Here's my post on the Solstice Cabin Information thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19403185&postcount=358

We were in Solstice 1606 for the 19 April TA -- The bed is near the bath, and the balcony is HUGE!!! We entertained 6 people and could have fit an additional 2 without feeling crowded.

1601 is the exact same, except the bed is close to the balcony. We prefer 1606.

1599 and 1604 had the second of the larger balconies on the hump. Almost as big, but only a couple of feet shorter. 1599 bed near bath, and 1604 bed near balcony.

Big overhang, so not a lot of sun except if the ship were positioned in the right spot in the afternoon.

Noise -- zilch, zip, nadda. Just down the hallway from the elevators, and the elevators are separated from the hallway with an automatic sliding door access. Great design.

Here's my post on the Solstice Cabin Information thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=19403185&postcount=358

I was so hoping you would see this and reply! I have read your comments on the cabin thread but was not sure about the noise from above. So you are saying you never were disturbed by the pool chairs being moved or set up early in the morning?

Are these the best choice of AQ cabins because you get the bonus larger balcony? You also mentioned that 1606 has the LARGEST balcony - is it the same size as the one next to the penthouse ( 1610) or is 1610 smaller due to some space being taken up with a steward's closet? I thought I read something about that.

Almost ready to pull the trigger so really really appreciate your comments! Thank you!!!

I was so hoping you would see this and reply! I have read your comments on the cabin thread but was not sure about the noise from above. So you are saying you never were disturbed by the pool chairs being moved or set up early in the morning?

Are these the best choice of AQ cabins because you get the bonus larger balcony? You also mentioned that 1606 has the LARGEST balcony - is it the same size as the one next to the penthouse ( 1610) or is 1610 smaller due to some space being taken up with a steward's closet? I thought I read something about that.

Almost ready to pull the trigger so really really appreciate your comments! Thank you!!!

Noise from above? No, not really. We certainly didn't notice any. We liked the cabin so much, we booked 1606 on a Med Equinox cruise next year. 1610 and 1608 are much, much smaller -- about 1/2 the size, or close to that because of the storage closet.

Pull the trigger. Between 1606 and 1601, 1606 has the bed near the bath, which we prefer. That extra space without the bed near the balcony, + the extra large balcony, really made the stateroom big. 1601 has the bed near the Balcony, if that's what you prefer.

Noise from above? No, not really. We certainly didn't notice any. We liked the cabin so much, we booked 1606 on a Med Equinox cruise next year. 1610 and 1608 are much, much smaller -- about 1/2 the size, or close to that because of the storage closet.

Pull the trigger. Between 1606 and 1601, 1606 has the bed near the bath, which we prefer. That extra space without the bed near the balcony, + the extra large balcony, really made the stateroom big. 1601 has the bed near the Balcony, if that's what you prefer.

Thank you so much for your help!

Made the booking.

Wishing you another great cruise on the Equinox!

We were in cabin 1547 in March. ANd really enjoyed all the AQ "treats", especially BLU, we kept on saying we might eat elsewhere but enjoyed the intimacy and professionalsim of the service,the nice picture windows and the great food so ate there every night. Yes, it is an extra long balcony which is nice if you have guests (we didn't) The location of the room was nice, popping up the stairs to the to the "healthy cafe". However, we didn't get any sun at all because of the overhang. If we had been one room forward we would have had sun. So again Long balcony, but didn't really use the extra room and probably wouldn't book that particular room again.

We have booked 1547, which we think :D, is a large one.

Can anyone who has cruised tell us, please, did you get an extra large balcony? What was the cabin number?

Got any pictures??;)

PS Our favorite cruise was Millie, in one of those extra large balconies. We would love to repeat that!

PS How about that overhang? Did it bother you?

1610 and 1608 are much, much smaller -- about 1/2 the size, or close to that because of the storage closet.

Sorry, can you please confirm...Is the balcony on 1610 large / deep.

Does the storage closet take up stateroom space or balcony space?

I'm interested in having a larger deeper balcony with enough space for a lounger and I thought that this would be the one :confused:

Sorry, can you please confirm...Is the balcony on 1610 large / deep.

Does the storage closet take up stateroom space or balcony space?

I'm interested in having a larger deeper balcony with enough space for a lounger and I thought that this would be the one :confused:

The stateroom space is the same as all the other staterooms. The balcony space in 1610 is a bit larger than normal balconies because of the angle, but not the large/deep balcony as in 1606 because of the storage closet - about 4 ft.

We were in cabin 1547 in March.

We are in 1547 on the 11/9 sailing of the Solstice. Just curious, when you walk in is the bathroom to the left or right and then is the bed to the left or right. Thanks!

The stateroom space is the same as all the other staterooms. The balcony space in 1610 is a bit larger than normal balconies because of the angle, but not the large/deep balcony as in 1606 because of the storage closet - about 4 ft.

welll, so much for me thinking I'd managed to snap us up a gem :(

obviously didn't do as much research as I'd thought :o

welll, so much for me thinking I'd managed to snap us up a gem :(

obviously didn't do as much research as I'd thought :o

Betty, don't be discouraged. It's a nice size balcony, and the location is the best as far as I'm concerned. It is right near the aft elevators. Up to the buffet, and down to the martini bar and all the restaurants.

As a side note, all the stateroom doors open out to the hallway. I had to put a post-it note on the inside of the door by the handle that read "PUSH" as we kept turning the handle and inclined to "PULL." :)

Betty, don't be discouraged. It's a nice size balcony, and the location is the best as far as I'm concerned. It is right near the aft elevators. Up to the buffet, and down to the martini bar and all the restaurants.

As a side note, all the stateroom doors open out to the hallway. I had to put a post-it note on the inside of the door by the handle that read "PUSH" as we kept turning the handle and inclined to "PULL." :)

Thanks for the pep talk Wine-O.

Guess I'll just have to plan another cruise and keep booking until I get the perfect cabin in the perfect position on the perfect ship! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to admit it but I'm really confused here. I've read all of the posts, looked at all of the diagrams, checked the deckplans on the Celebrity site and at CruiseStateroom and still, I'm confused. We are now booked on one of the hump cabins on Panorama deck, a 1B. We would like to switch to one of the angled balconies, hence all of the research. Which of the angled balconies on Panorama deck would be the largest? We'll be sailing on the Equinox Feb. 18, 2011 and most of the cabins we are interested in are still available. Thanks for all the great info everyone - guess I'm just easily confused - and just a bit obsessive!:D

I hate to admit it but I'm really confused here. I've read all of the posts, looked at all of the diagrams, checked the deckplans on the Celebrity site and at CruiseStateroom and still, I'm confused. We are now booked on one of the hump cabins on Panorama deck, a 1B. We would like to switch to one of the angled balconies, hence all of the research. Which of the angled balconies on Panorama deck would be the largest? We'll be sailing on the Equinox Feb. 18, 2011 and most of the cabins we are interested in are still available. Thanks for all the great info everyone - guess I'm just easily confused - and just a bit obsessive!:D

Anyone have info on cabin 2152 ( aft cabin under oceanview bar) any info would be greatly appreciated. size of balcony etc. thanks

Had 2157 in March 2009. Wonderful! Did notice that 2152 has a slightly larger verandah.Great location.

Take a look at the "sticky" at the top of this thread.:) It may help you answer your question if you open up the the cabin information posted by mysticks.

• 1 month later...
Just got off the Solstice on Sunday. Had cabin 6239, which angled out on the hump. This cabin had a larger balcony than normal, because of the angle. The view was not blocked, and was very convenient to the elevator. Loved the cabin and loved the ship, which is absolutely beautiful. Would be happy to answer any questions.

I am excited to hear you speaking about the same cabin we just got - we had 6197 but found out it was a very obstructed view - they moved us to 6239. I am happy to hear you loved the cabin and the view - thanks for sharing. By the way - was the bed or couches near the window and does it matter?

Archived