OK. I've waited long enough! Secret large Solstice Balconies, please!!!

Muushka

We have booked 1547, which we think :D, is a large one.

Can anyone who has cruised tell us, please, did you get an extra large balcony? What was the cabin number?

Got any pictures??;)

PS Our favorite cruise was Millie, in one of those extra large balconies. We would love to repeat that!

PS How about that overhang? Did it bother you?

Our tablemates had an Aqua room that was on the "jut out" curve toward the front of the ship and they said their veranda was huge. We were in cabin 1509 and ours was the standard size (2 chairs with foot rests and a table).

Just got off the Solstice on Sunday. Had cabin 6239, which angled out on the hump. This cabin had a larger balcony than normal, because of the angle. The view was not blocked, and was very convenient to the elevator. Loved the cabin and loved the ship, which is absolutely beautiful. Would be happy to answer any questions.

We had 6176 Aft Penthouse. It was larger than M Class Ships but not the really large one we hoped for and had on RC last year. Balcony and chairs were however very comfortable.

Sue

Thanks Sue Did you notice any noise from the oceanview bar,

We had 6176 Aft Penthouse. It was larger than M Class Ships but not the really large one we hoped for and had on RC last year. Balcony and chairs were however very comfortable.

Sue

Do you mean 1676?

We were on the Solstice for the 11/23 thru 11/30 sailing and we had a 1A cabin 9239 which has a larger angled balcony then a regular balcony, the cabin next to us 9237 which is next to the 10 cabins that are on the hump has the largest balcony.

so on the 9th fl the 4 angled balconies are

#9237- largest

#9239- 2nd largest

#9241- 3rd largest

#9243- 4th largest

DAN

We were on the Solstice for the 11/23 thru 11/30 sailing and we had a 1A cabin 9239 which has a larger angled balcony then a regular balcony, the cabin next to us 9237 which is next to the 10 cabins that are on the hump has the largest balcony.

#9237- largest

#9239- 2nd largest

#9241- 3rd largest

#9243- 4th largest

DAN

Hi Dan,

I appreciate your insight since you have already sailed on Solstice, but do not understand why ALL the angled balconies near the hump would not be likewise larger?

Example: on the bow side of the hump, port side, on deck 9 are cabins 9297, 9209, 9211 and 9215. Would they not also be larger? And what about the ones directly across on the starboard side that are on the angle? Would these not be identical in size?

It seems there should be symmetry...

Thanks for any help you can offer me to better understand!:confused:

Lobster129

Lobster129 -- All the angled cabins towards the front of ship, back, all sides of humps have the larger balconies. I just used #9239 and that block of 4 cabins 9237, 9239, 9241, 9243 as an example. so any block of angled cabins will have larger balconies, the largest being the one next hump on down.

Hopes this helps DAN

#9237- largest

#9239- 2nd largest

#9241- 3rd largest

#9243- 4th largest

DAN

Dan,

I think you may be off just a bit on your analysis. If you look closely at pictures of the ship, you will notice that the cabin glass doors of 9237 & 9239 are set back even with each other. Given the angle of the balcony edge yes 9237 is deeper and thus larger than 9239. However the next to cabins 9241 and 9243 are also set back even further and also equal to each other. So 9241 is also larger than 9243. But because of the additional setback I believe that your ranking should be as follows

9237 - largest

9237 - large but smaller

9241 - largest

9243 - large but smaller

Its hard to tell if the "pairs" have equal sizes but, 9241 is larger and maybe equal to 9237 and the other two are smaller and also may be of equal size,

Does that make sense?

Rich

Also while I was on the ship I booked a 10 cruise on the Equinox for 2/10 but could not find any 1a cabins on several sailings so I booked a CC cabin #1120 which is the largest of the angled balconies. Looks like the 1a's are goin to be hot sellers. After having my large balcony #9239 for a week and seeing the other regular size balconies I will always book an angled cabin in the future

DAN

I agree, those large balconies are way too easy to get used to. We had one last year on Millie and then just went on DCL a few months ago. They don't have larger secret balconies on their ships so we got the normal size one. Ugh. What a let down!

Archived