Questions about other's in different Cats

Pusniski

We are booked in a suite, but our mom and sister will be sailing in a lower category (balcony is what I'm guessing). Will they extend concierge service to them (ability to pre-board and go have a drink with us in the lounge every once in a while) if I book their cabin under my reservation or do they need to be in a GS or higher? I don't want to upset anyone and I'm guessing boarding with us won't be an issue. I'm really mixed about the lounge. I think the new ship holds 5 people so I could put everyone in one cabin though I reallly like having our privacy. ;)

Oh, you're going to get a lot of grouchy people on this one. The concierge lounge is only for suite guests. It isn't extendable to people who aren't staying in your suite. They will likely be able to board with you, but technically the concierge lounge isn't available for them. There are a lot of threads about the concierge issue. I've never thought that the concierge lounge was anything special anyway.

You will probably have no problem boarding together, however, your companions will not be permitted in the CL. Think of it this way - if they allowed everyone who is eligible to use the (already overcrowded) lounge to bring their friends and relatives with them, it would take too much away from those who are entitled to be there.

I thought it would a hot issue, but I couldn't quickly locate my answer. I figured they wouldn't be able to either but I had to ask to confirm. I think we'll all squeeze in the OS instead. I saw these and the GS sleep 5 now on RCCL's web site. :)

No worries, I won't be smuggling anyone in. :D

Actually, they could have a problem boarding together since they are in different cabins. I've had that problem when I was in a suite and other family was not. I ended up getting in the regular line so we could board together.

I read a post by a port employee, who said they can't turn someone away if they get into line with a suite pax.

I dont know about grouchy people and all that kind of comment, just saying I have read you will be able to board with them, more than likely, cant say about every port this being true.

I don't think I would move 3 more into my suite, just to get the benefit of the lounge?? Keep your privacy. It cant be that big of a deal to your mom and the rest of your family?

I read a post by a port employee, who said they can't turn someone away if they get into line with a suite pax.
That must differ based on where you board. In Vancouver and Galveston they had people standing where you exit security who were looking at boarding docs and directing people to the appropriate line. We were told that non-suite guests couldn't go through the priority boarding line even if they were family. The regular line wasn't long so I don't think it took us even 5 extra minutes to go through the regular line. They had 2 or 3 clerks handling the priority line and about 20 clerks for everyone else. It wasn't a big deal to us.

That must differ based on where you board. In Vancouver and Galveston they had people standing where you exit security who were looking at boarding docs and directing people to the appropriate line. We were told that non-suite guests couldn't go through the priority boarding line even if they were family. The regular line wasn't long so I don't think it took us even 5 extra minutes to go through the regular line. They had 2 or 3 clerks handling the priority line and about 20 clerks for everyone else. It wasn't a big deal to us.

In Seattle, they only let family go into priority boarding if you were responsible for them (i.e. they were minors OR you were paying for their onboard charges).

Archived