Smuggling Booze and a few other questions

kooljamming

I know you are God fearing and rule following drinkers and would never do this. Do you know of anyone, not so righteous, cruiser/boozer who have had problems doing this?. I am asking strictly for a 'friend'. :D

Do they have the fancy midnight buffet with all the wonderful display of food and desserts?

Being a Valentines cruise, on the Sapphire Princess, will the ship be nicely decorated for this occassion?

What's this about name tag? Do you get one or need one?

Thanks

Pauline

no one I know has had trouble carrying such refreshments.

there is no "midnight buffet" on Princess, since the buffet is open 24 hours per day.

yes, they do some special things for that day

no idea about name tags, unless if it is for your CC meet and greet gathering. Staff wear name tags, passengers do not

I know you are God fearing and rule following drinkers and would never do this. Do you know of anyone, not so righteous, cruiser/boozer who have had problems doing this?. I am asking strictly for a 'friend'. :D

Do they have the fancy midnight buffet with all the wonderful display of food and desserts?

Being a Valentines cruise, on the Sapphire Princess, will the ship be nicely decorated for this occasion?

What's this about name tag? Do you get one or need one?

Thanks

Pauline

1. Friend, you bet. Never had a problem. Pack it good, might leak.

2. Don't think so. Never stay up that late.

3. Never been on a Valentines day cruise, but again don't think so.

4. Name tag on cabin door. Then you will have a ships card for charging, and also as a key card for cabin.

GERTZ

Princess Elite

I can't believe you feel you need to "smuggle" booze onboard.

Simply put it in your carry-on, place your carry-on bag on the conveyor belt, & pick it up after it's gone through their x-ray machine.

Yes the atrium is decorated and the captain will conduct a service for renewal of vows to all in attendance.

OR

Book it privately as we did and yes on Feb 14th.

Booze I never smuggle! But a couple of 24's never hurt anyone.

I can't believe you feel you need to "smuggle" booze onboard.

Simply put it in your carry-on, place your carry-on bag on the conveyor belt, & pick it up after it's gone through their x-ray machine.

On my first Princess cruise, I smuggled a bottle of Bahama Mama.:D Real smugglers must be offended.:p My 'friend" will be happy to know a carefuuly wrapped bottle in the her luggage should be fine.

This is one of the reason we love Princess. They don't smack you on the hand and take your booze when you board.

Between this and anytime dining, they have a loyal client for life!!!!!

Yeah, I think so. Plus 18 ships to choose from, and a literal world of options as far as where you want to go.. :p

They were certainly keeping it as you boarded the Dawn Princess on the way from San Francisco to Sydney in September. They regularly had warnings about bringing booze on in the Patter.

I got a bottle of gin on in Honolulu as it was in my backpack. Friends who had it in ABC bags got it taken. Lucky gin is the same color as water so we just used water bottles after that.

Had no problem getting it on Sapphire the previous year from Sydney to LA.

I've done it regularily. I simply lay out a pair of jeans, place the bottle near the waist of the jeans and roll the jeans up then place the roll in the middle of one of the bags I'm going to check at the airport. If you're concerned about the booze getting on your clothes, put the bottle in a gal sized ziploc bag and then roll it up in your jeans.

I've never had a problem with leakage or with customs.

In the old days, when you could carry liquids on a plane, I filled a couple water bottles with clear alcohol from home and stuck them in the water bottle pocket of our backpacks (my DD's pack had real water). We never had a problem. Now we buy our supplies in the port city and fill up there. Wait, I mean, we could do that, if we wanted too!;)

I've done it regularily. I simply lay out a pair of jeans, place the bottle near the waist of the jeans and roll the jeans up then place the roll in the middle of one of the bags I'm going to check at the airport. If you're concerned about the booze getting on your clothes, put the bottle in a gal sized ziploc bag and then roll it up in your jeans.

I've never had a problem with leakage or with customs.

This is what we do too, first we wrap the bottle in a plastic bag. Also I found long skirts that we women seem to love are the best for wrapping bottles as you can wrap it up like a fajaita tucking in all the corners :D

We usually bring on board 3-4 bottles of wine fully expecting to be charged corkage.

Our CB cruise this Nov, we came back to the ship at each port stop, with a bottle of hard liquor fully expecting them to take it away until last night, we were bringing them back to Canada. They scanned them and then gave them back to us!!!

On other cruises (RCCL and Carnival) we poured hard liquor into 2 liter soda bottles, then tape the top to prevent spilling.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are traveling with kids, DO NOT put Jack Daniles into a Coke bottle. :eek: I guess the same would go for Vodka in a Sprite bottle!

They were certainly keeping it as you boarded the Dawn Princess on the way from San Francisco to Sydney in September. They regularly had warnings about bringing booze on in the Patter.

I got a bottle of gin on in Honolulu as it was in my backpack. Friends who had it in ABC bags got it taken. Lucky gin is the same color as water so we just used water bottles after that.

Had no problem getting it on Sapphire the previous year from Sydney to LA.

Reminds me of something that happened on my first Princess Cruise. Some friends and I were on the CB, and when we got to St. Thomas I went with one of my friends to the K-Mart on the island as she needed some medical supplies. While there, we noticed a rather large alcohol section.....at the K-Mart of all places! Well we each got a few things, and when we got back on the boat, were waved right through.....doubtless because all of our stuff was in K-Mart bags! I sure don't know if that would fly every time, but it sure was amusing!

Archived