How Can I Get an Air Upgrade?

Mark

I have air transportation provided by Royal Carribean from Newark to Ft Lauderdale in December. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get an upgrade to 1st Class? I assume that I will be flying on Continental...

Forget about getting an upgrade if you purchased the cruise lines airfare. They purchase the cheapest fares they can find and those are non-upgradeable. You would have to purchase an upgrade to first class, and that would be incredibly expensive because you would have to pay the difference between the super cheap group airfare the airlines purchased and the cost of a full fare first class ticket.

Mcboo,

Contracted rate or not, it's going to be outrageously expensive. When I called my TA to ask about upgrading the flight Cunard had arranged from Boston to London, I asked her if it would be more than 1,000 p.p. She laughed hysterically. She said it would add thousands p.p!!!

Also best time to think about an air deviation is when you're booking... not after!

Vince

Well, somettimes deviations can be quite reasonable, or even free especially with some line's loyalty programs.

However, you usually will have a better deal, and almost invariably better control when you do your own air. Lines sometimes route you in surreal ways - you might find yourself connecting through any number of hubs from NY to Florida. You may get a direct flight on Continental, but I wouldn't bet the house andd lawn.

Good luck ;)

Archived