Fuel surcharge refunded!!

cruise kitty

Hi Crabby,

I'm on the same cruise as you. I have two cabins booked, one for us and one for our daughters. When I made final payment last week I paid everything except for the $110.00 per cabin for the fuel surcharge. I booked through Celebrity and was told they would adjust my bill. My reservation is still showing that amount owing, so I called Celebrity yesterday and asked about it. One agent told me it would be an OBC and I should pay the amount owing and another one told me to wait, that my bill would be adjusted. I have until the 15th of December, so I am going to wait patiently.

Shelley

I noticed the Celebrity news release yesterday about fuel charges being removed so I contacted my agent about my Constellation Feb 23rd cruise, he contacted Celebrity who told him that as from yesterday Dec 8th the charge would be removed so I have made the final payment less the charge.

nooosey/aka philip

My travel agent called Celebrity today because my final payment is coming due. Celebrity told her that the fuel surcharge wouldn't be removed but that I would get an OBC. Says she even spoke to a supervisor when I told her they were wrong, even pointed out the statement on their website if you haven't made final payment yet. The Celebrity rep told her the website was wrong. Celebrity needs to get their customer service people trained!!!!

I paid in full for a Amazara cruise on Jan 31st, E-Mailed my Travel Agent, he replied that they would give me a shipboard credit. Fine w/me

palamoh,

If you are on the Journey on 1/31/08 through the Caribbean, we have a roll-call at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=17074282#post17074282

Please join us

Larry

My understanding is that we will be getting an OBC when Celebrity makes the final decision on Dec. 18, 2008. (providing the price of oil is $65/barrel or less). We are on the Galaxy January 30, 2009 and that is the info we received.

My understanding is that we will be getting an OBC when Celebrity makes the final decision on Dec. 18, 2008. (providing the price of oil is $65/barrel or less). We are on the Galaxy January 30, 2009 and that is the info we received.

Celebrity decided on December 5th to drop the fuel surcharge. Since you have already made final payment you will be given an OBC. This is their statement from the website.

Updated Information: December 05, 2008

We have suspended our fuel supplement for Celebrity Cruises sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, anywhere in the world.

The decision reflects the recently sustained lower price of fuel.

Effective Monday, December 8, guests making new bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, will not be charged the fuel supplement.

Guests already booked on sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, will receive a refund of any fuel supplement paid, as follows:

• Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are now paid in full, will have the supplement automatically refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their sailing.
  • Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are not yet paid in full, will have the supplement automatically removed from their outstanding balance.

We reserves the right to reinstate fuel supplement charges if the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65 per barrel, on the quarterly milestone dates mentioned in the company's October 24, 2008, press release.

Archived