Refunds ?

sharlon

Hey all! I was planning on surprising DH with a 3 night on the Monarch for his 40th birthday. Well, now we are planning a big summer vacation, so I can't do both. I called TA this morning and cancelled (more than 60 days out so we get a full refund). Unfortunately, TA had submitted final payment a week early, so I have to wait on a full refund (instead of just my deposit). I was wondering if anyone has recent experience with how long it takes to get the credit back to my credit card. TA told me up to 2 months. EEK!

Standard response is 1 - 2 billing cycles = possibly up to 2 months. That is not the norm if the TA calls in the cancellation request, the cruiseline is usually pretty quick with the refund authorization... the snag seems to be more on the banks end that holds your c.card for the credit than the cruiseline IF THE TA has moved swiftly on the cancellation process.

I have always gotten mine in days - but I never had to cancel anything booked thru a TA. But that shouldn't make a difference.

Kathy

It doesn't make any diference as long as the TA submitted your payment on your cc directly to cruiseline.

Thanks everyone for the responses. My TA actually called RCCL while we were on the phone, so I know the cancellation was done immediately. I called RCCL direct this evening and asked, just to calm my nerves. The lady said about 5 business days, but agreed with you, travelntreats, that it is often the bank that holds it up. Most of the credit will come from the cruiseline and the rest will come from the TA, plus I had 2 cabins, so it will actualy be 4 credits. I just hope it's done swiftly. I'm glad to see that some of you with experience have had it happen quickly.

Thanks for the reassurance!

Oh, and Happy Holidays everyone!

Hey all! I was planning on surprising DH with a 3 night on the Monarch for his 40th birthday. Well, now we are planning a big summer vacation, so I can't do both. I called TA this morning and cancelled (more than 60 days out so we get a full refund). Unfortunately, TA had submitted final payment a week early, so I have to wait on a full refund (instead of just my deposit). I was wondering if anyone has recent experience with how long it takes to get the credit back to my credit card. TA told me up to 2 months. EEK!

I got mine back within a month.

just curious what kind of refund do you get (if you don't get travel ins.) for 30 days till cruise? We had thought hubby wasn't going to get time off and thought we might have to cancel. THankfully, he will.

30 days till cruise = 45% charges so 55% refund in the UK but it's different on the .com website

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000QTMw04AkmeDmZ0CKdb-xfz4:13dlht8th?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323&faqType=faq

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000QTMw04AkmeDmZ0CKdb-xfz4:13dlht8th?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323&faqType=faq

Thanks everyone for the responses. My TA actually called RCCL while we were on the phone, so I know the cancellation was done immediately. I called RCCL direct this evening and asked, just to calm my nerves. The lady said about 5 business days, but agreed with you, travelntreats, that it is often the bank that holds it up. Most of the credit will come from the cruiseline and the rest will come from the TA, plus I had 2 cabins, so it will actualy be 4 credits. I just hope it's done swiftly. I'm glad to see that some of you with experience have had it happen quickly.

Thanks for the reassurance!

Oh, and Happy Holidays everyone!

Just be aware that it may come back in MORE pieces than that.

Sometimes a single refund comes as two entries. They break out taxes/fees from "commissionable" cruisefare, so that *both* look like odd amounts, but if you add them, they total what you were expecting.

I just don't want you to be surprised.

:)

Archived