CB - Chart Auction?

big aft

When and where does this usually happen? I've been on 3 cruises and never heard about it. I will be looking for it on the next one.

On our last voyage, they did it before the last Bingo game on the final sea day.

When and where does this usually happen? I've been on 3 cruises and never heard about it. I will be looking for it on the next one.

On the Sapphire recently it was on display for the last three days of the cruise outside the Wheelhouse Bar with details of how to bid.

On all of our cruises the auction for the chart took place at the beginning of the final art auction in Explorers Lounge. The highest price we have heard of was $4000. That was a special situation however. That was on the Grand Princess in the Gulf of Mexico when the girl from Colorado went over and the guy from the Air Force Academy went in after her. In that case the chart was altered to show the ships maneuvers to rescue the two.

Each is prepared by the ship's crew and some are really elaborate and very nice. The one put up for auction on our Tahiti to Hawaii cruise was great. I quit bidding at $500 and I think it went for around $800. You never quite know what to expect in the bidding.

The final Art auction is when we got our chart.It goes to charity and is signed by all the officers on the bridge and also includes a tour of the bridge and a picture with the captain. He signed it for us while we were on the bridge and like I said it also was framed for us by Princess. A great way to remember our cruise. We love it.

Archived