What do you ask your Room Steward for when first boarding?

tbmrt

I read about:

-pushing beds together

-having ice & wine glasses in room

-take mini bar stuff out so you can use it for other things

(I also remember reading something on Carnival's board last December about requesting "quality toiletpaper" which is only usually given out in the expensive accommodations)

It's always nice to ask where they are from and if they have family there.

We generally give them $20 up front because we ask them to remove everything from the refrigerator, extra hangers, extra pillows if there are none in the cabin, bigger ice bucket with ice twice a day and a couple more requests.

I always ask: "How are you doing?" :)

So do I!

We introduce ourselves and usually ask our steward how long he/she has been with the cruise line, etc, and then we ask about his/her family.

The only other thing we ask of him/her is to keep the ice bucket filled.

Karen

I read about:

-pushing beds together

-having ice & wine glasses in room

-take mini bar stuff out so you can use it for other things

(I also remember reading something on Carnival's board last December about requesting "quality toiletpaper" which is only usually given out in the expensive accommodations)

You know, I have never had to ask the steward for these things-I guess I have always had great stewards. Now once we asked him to separate the beds-but we were in a dinky cabin, (RCI Sovereign) our daughter was with us, and with the beds together, she would have to step on our bed to get into her bunk-we did NOT want that!

We have never asked for anything from our room steward when first meeting him/her. We have a short conversation; let them give us their spiel and that's it for the first encounter. We have always had great stewards and have received what we ask for anytime later on the cruise.:p

I agree and we have never asked for bath robes either as the on epsot sugested-if the line provided them, we had them already-on RCI we have not cruised enough, so we do not get that "perk". Not that it matters, we never use them, they just hang in the closet.

As a frequent traveler on Princess, one of the perks is a free mini-bar set-up. Even though we specify certain preferences online, the mini-bar always contains a wide assortment of spirits rather than what we prefer to have. So, we typically ask for a 1 to 1 swap in which they simply replace one item for another. Much easier to do on the first day.

1) We used to ask him to push the beds together to make a queen, but most of the newer ships now have this done.

2) We do like to have ice replenished twice a day. And this is done for us.

3) We would like the refrigerator emptied out and was surprised when we were told "we could do it ourselves" on the last RCCL cruise. We really don't ask for much and were taken aback at the response. We never use anything from the mini-bar and have no desire to be charged in error.

The only thing we've ever needed that isn't there is more towels! They only leave 2 bath towels--and I need both for me and my hair! What's poor hubby to do?

So far, everything has always been perfect, other than the towel thing! (We don't use the fridge, so who cares what's in there?)

we usually ask that the fridge be emptied, on NCL we were told we could do it ourselves. on carnival we had to ask the steward to put the beds together and he said it couldn't be done! lol, a few bucks changed his mind. we don't require much after the first few things.

usually do a quick scan, to make sure the balcony window are clean, etc, ask for extra towels, request that linens are changed daily, request that ice bucket is kept filled, I also give a $20 upfront to make up for all my extra requests, I know some people say that's insulting but I feel is a gesture of good will since I'm so picky about things being clean.

Archived