Cruisers This Week On Princess - Update On Princess Cays???

pxgrant

Hi - I was wondering if those that are sailing this Saturday have been rerouted? Princess is still telling me that Princess Cays is still on our itinerary and we sail on the 20th of November.

Your news is appreciated.

Enjoy your cruise & holidays.:)

Our itinerary changed a lot. We are not going to Princess Cays or to the Isla Margarita. Our ship (Dawn Princess) leaves Dec 13th. They said it was because of the hurricane but I don't understand if ships go there now. What's the scoop?

we two had isla margarita cancelled this is due to the dawn getting a new engine so to speak. It is dry dock at the moment and our sailing is the first after dry dock. I beleive the ship needs a break in time hense the reason this port has been cancelled. pc was damaged by hurricans this is why this port was cancelled. We all got $150pp onboard credit due to these cancellations

To my knowledge, no cruise ship has been to Princess Cays nor Granada yet. You might be confusing Princess Cays with Grand Cayman. They are allowing a limited number of ships back but there's still a lot of work left to be done before all ships can go back to Grand Cayman.

There's been no word about ships returning to Princess Cays. For Grenada, it was inspected and due to power lines still down, etc., it's not safe to go back.

Hi everyone,

We are leaving this Saturday (YAY!) on the Caribbean Princess, and we are NOT going to Princess Cays. This is my first cruise, and i was very disappointed to hear that we will not be going there. We are now going to San Juan, & arrive at 4pm & leave at 11pm. Not sure what there is to do there at that time.

Guess i should just be happy we are going away. :)

Just found this on the internet. Looks as if princess cays won't be ready for another six weeks

That website is a little inaccurate - Grand Caymen's is accepting cruise passengers as of last week or so. They are allowing up to 2 ships per day. It also said ships are not stopping at Coco Cay and my friends were there 2 days ago.

I looked on the date of the document and it listed today as the date this was released. Not sure if I would count this as being accurate.

Also - the Dawn Princess is cancelling this port for reasons other than the damage from the hurricane. This is why some of us with cruises at the end of Nov and in Dec have not had the port switched (yet) and those on the Dawn Princess do have the port switched.

Piperschic: ENJOY Old San Juan. It is very charming and very "old world". We spent time there on our last cruise, and I AM HOPING that the 11/20 Caribbean Cruise goes there also. It is better than sitting on a beach that has been ruined from the hurricane - just my opinion. Even though it is a short stay you will be glad that you experienced it if you never go back.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hello all - For those on the 11/20 Caribbean Princess Cruise - Princess Cays is still on the agenda - spoke to Princess just this morning. They told me that they can change the itinerary as we are boarding. That's it for now.

Well hello to all ,

I have a brand new outlook on PC. I talked with Princess and of course its still on the itineray and of course we are still going:rolleyes: . my new outlook is this, IF I am lucky enough to go to PC then GREAT, if not GREAT, who am I to complain, I will be in the Caribbean, with a drink in hand and no worries.....so its all good!

I am just so excited to be cruising and I guess this means I will have to do some on board booking so I can go to PC next time when I try the CB.

To everyone here, Have a great cruise and Have Fun.:D

Archived