Duct Tape

TwoWeebles

1. To place signs indescriminantly on the backs of people who use it to save deck chairs while they go back to sleep in their cabin. :)

2. To strap bottles of liquor to your legs while you check in to board the ship. ;)

3. To cut three strips in case you forget your swim suit :confused:

4. To place Out Of Order signs on a slot machine you're playing until you can come back with more money :p

To cut three strips in case you forget your swim suit :p

THREE!!! You obviously haven't met me then. :cool:

I've never taken duct tape (or pegs for the shower curtain). I'm sure there will be a cruise critic fan onboard who could lend me some.:D

To tape shut the mouth of anyone complaining around me. - Oh, wait, that's what I WISH I could use it for!

*LOL* very good.

Guess it could be used to tape naughty kids to their parents who were letting them run around acting badly...:D

Guess it could be used to tape naughty kids to their parents who were letting them run around acting badly...:D

Great idea! And then can we gently tape their mouths so we don't have to listen to the screaming and yelling.....both kids and parents? :D:D:D

I get up at 6am, go to the pool, find the best chair, then put a big X of duct tape on it. Add a sign "out of order", then go back to bed and come back at noon, remove the tape and order a drink.;)

You probably were kidding but what a good idea! And I WILL try this! I'll let you know what happens!

I use it to take up valuable space in my luggage. It allows me to pack and pay for an extra bag. In some cases the roll of tape weighs enough that I can pay a fee for have an overweight bag.

NEVER PACKED IT, NEVER NEEDED IT!

:cool: You really don't have to carry a big roll. Duct Tape/Duck Tape comes in small blister packs ... check Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, or other home centers. ;)

Repair broken handle on luggage - airline did the breaking the day of my flight to the port so was glad to have the duct tape.

Repairing a hem - have done that, too.

Hadn't thought about wrapping around the middle. Hmmm. Plastic wrap first (so tape doesn't stick to tummy) and then duct tape around and around real tight. Cheaper than Spanx!

We had to go to Walgreens and buy some in San Juan. The airline handlers split the side open on on of our suitcases. It was an older, black roller bag that used to be a carry-on, before we had to check our toiletries.

Anyway, duct tape solved the problem. And it was a Panama Canal repo to the West Coast, so we didn't have to fly at the end. I think the roll of tape has now been transferred to the other black roller bag....so it might be there if we ever need it in the future. :D If not, we'll buy more. :):D:)

• 1 month later...
I get up at 6am, go to the pool, find the best chair, then put a big X of duct tape on it. Add a sign "out of order", then go back to bed and come back at noon, remove the tape and order a drink.;)

This probably is most effective against the blondes around the pool.

Shhhhhh....don't tell...but I used my duct tape to bring home my "towel elephant". I just taped it up carefully so it wouldn't fall apart on the trip home and it worked.

And yes...he lived happily on my bathroom counter for almost 2 years when I couldn't take dusting it anymore. And yes...the towels were returned on our last trip....clean too!

Archived