Carnival's Fuel Surcharge nearing an end...

tedjazz

Like I said, just clearing up some misconceptions. :) Some folks are interested in the truth, I know I am. Besides, it's almost over, next month people won't even remember they paid a Fuel Surcharge, well except for me and I'll never forget. ;)

"well except for me" Yeah sure, come on..price talks don't hold a grudge just because you were on the fence of a corporate policy. DeadHorse.gif

If oil goes up to $70.01 tomorrow they're not giving us our money back?

I thought all they said they was that they had the right to start it up again at anytime.:confused:

Bill

I must have mistakenly taken this as sarcasm, we get it back as long as oil doesn't pass 70 in 25 days preceeding 5 days before your cruise.

I must have mistakenly taken this as sarcasm, we get it back as long as oil doesn't pass 70 in 25 days preceeding 5 days before your cruise.

It was a serious question since I read that Carnival did away with this unless I didn't understand the press release, thus the question.:)

Bill

Can someone answer this for me? I have 3 cruises booked now, all with the fuel surcharge included. I have not paid any of them in full. So, if they do away with the fuel surcharge before I make the last payment, will they just take that amount off my total amount due? Or will they give me an OBC? I will be paying the March cruise off soon, so I'd like to know this. Actually, I'd rather have OBC! Thanks.

Carnival has said that if final payment has not been made, that final payment amounts will be adjusted to eliminate the surcharge.

That rule has been changed. It is now gone effective the middle of this week. If they reimplement it an announce will be made.

That rule has been changed. It is now gone effective the middle of this week. If they reimplement it an announce will be made.

don't know where you saw that but on Carnivals site nothing has changed, bookings after dec 17 will get an obc, future cruises may have it re-implemented according to CCL

"well except for me" Yeah sure, come on..price talks don't hold a grudge just because you were on the fence of a corporate policy. DeadHorse.gif

Not for me bigcraig, they screw me once shame on them, they screw me twice...well you know the rest. I'm not giving them the chance. Make a stand once, you might like it.

I think they changed the policy because it used to include 5 days before your travel so if the oil prices went up it didn't matter. Now that they changed it those 5 days do count. They were going to have reimburse for cruises after the 18th anyway. With the new policy if the oil goes up those five days prior then they don't have to reimburse you.

First policy was the better policy. Now if it goes up at all they will reissue the fuel charges for a greater amount than what many booked with.

Robin

Why would I do that, you know you love me. ;)

I know no such thing and how can anyone take you seriously about leaving CCL if you continue to post here?

Please go bother the RCI people. That is your line of choice now, correct?

I know no such thing and how can anyone take you seriously about leaving CCL if you continue to post here?

Please go bother the RCI people. That is your line of choice now, correct?

Lighten up, you get so testy when you don't hear what you want to hear. I think sharing information and an opinion respectfully is a good thing and I have done just that. If you are offended by or don't agree with what I have said then maybe you should read other threads. Have a nice day. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grits53 viewpost.gif

Can someone answer this for me? I have 3 cruises booked now, all with the fuel surcharge included. I have not paid any of them in full. So, if they do away with the fuel surcharge before I make the last payment, will they just take that amount off my total amount due? Or will they give me an OBC? I will be paying the March cruise off soon, so I'd like to know this. Actually, I'd rather have OBC! Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it will be an OBC, but you might check with Carnival.

Gee, what a surprise! Some more erroneous information provided by Tedjazz. So much for clearing up misconceptions! LOL.

Everyone is so testy, and at Holiday time.

I don't care what you do Ted, you certainly have a right to your opinion...but I do get annoyed when people use the word NEVER. I have been on RC and Carnival a number of times and Carnival gets most of my business because they HAVE taken better care of me overall. In my experience they have always made things right, RC not so much. But I am not going to say I will NEVER cruise RC again.

If the fuel surcharge bothers people so much than they shouldn't cruise. I may or may not get it back because I don't travel until March, things can change and I don't care. Most lines waited quite a while to start charging the fee, therefore I expect that has been some of the delay in removing it. Carnival's prices are usually lower than most anyway, so what is there to complain about?

On a side note it is in the 30's today, why can't I be on a cruise today?? :cool: I don't care which one, ANY will do - ha.

Lighten up, you get so testy when you don't hear what you want to hear. I think sharing information and an opinion respectfully is a good thing and I have done just that. If you are offended by or don't agree with what I have said then maybe you should read other threads. Have a nice day. :)

On a side note it is in the 30's today, why can't I be on a cruise today?? :cool: I don't care which one, ANY will do - ha.

Lucky you.........our air temp is around 4 degrees and the wind chill is -20. :eek:

Forecast doesn't get any better all week long. A cruise would be great.......even if I had to pay a fuel surcharge. :D

Ugh, but that is why I live in Texas - Central Texas mind you where this doesn't happen often. Not to mention it was in the 80's yesterday, woke up to 56 and an hour later it was 38. My body is confused. But, I will take that over -20!! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You got that right!!

Lucky you.........our air temp is around 4 degrees and the wind chill is -20. :eek:

Forecast doesn't get any better all week long. A cruise would be great.......even if I had to pay a fuel surcharge. :D

Gee, what a surprise! Some more erroneous information provided by Tedjazz. So much for clearing up misconceptions! LOL.

I stand corrected, I was looking at cruises that were before the final payment. My mistake. I guess I deserve to get blasted. Thanks for the correction MM. It was very kind of you to help out.

Thanks for the earlier suggestion, the people on the RCCL board seem to have an IQ about 30 points higher than here at the CCL board. :)
Was that a "respectfully submitted opinion?"......If I am not mistaken, didn't you use that phrase earlier......;)

Thanks for the earlier suggestion, the people on the RCCL board seem to have an IQ about 30 points higher than here at the CCL board. :)

That statement just wiped out any shred of credibility that you never really had. I think you just relegated yourself to the third grade schoolyard pissing match crowd. Smooth one. (The smiley was a really mature touch)

I think he is enjoying this, otherwise why would he keep coming back to the thread??

I personally would rather these people that say "I am never cruising Carnival again" would stick to their word and stay away. I would rather them not put a damper on my great time! ;)

That statement just wiped out any shred of credibility that you never really had. I think you just relegated yourself to the third grade schoolyard pissing match crowd. Smooth one. (The smiley was a really mature touch)

Archived