Cost of Taxi - FLL Airport

Packman1000

Can someone tell me the cost of a taxi from the cruise port to the airport upon the return of our cruise? Are they readily available? Do folks share them? If so, are the fares set by taxi or the number of pax? Also, what is the cost of the ship's transfer for 2 people?

Thanks.

Can someone tell me the cost of a taxi from the cruise port to the airport upon the return of our cruise? Are they readily available? Do folks share them? If so, are the fares set by taxi or the number of pax? Also, what is the cost of the ship's transfer for 2 people?

Thanks.

Yes around $15, however last month we were given the grand tour on the way from the airport to the Renasiance Hotel. (Having been there many times and knowing my way around) Needless to say I spoke to the driver using his name from his photo ID on the dash firmly telling him I did not appreciate the tour. He said there was construction on the main road. As we crossed the main road from the opposite direction there was none. When we reached the hotel I told him I was not pating his $20 plus fare and he said just pay me $14. Needless to say "no tip for you". :eek:

Thanks.

The only problem with sharing a taxi is the luggage space. Sharing will depend on if all the luggage will fit in the trunk. Normally, there is room for the two of us with luggage, but three or four would be impossible unless everyone is traveling very very light.

The vans run from the port to the airport and are organized in the general taxi area. But the only way it really makes sense is for a solo cruiser and then only to save $4...

I fell into the van trap once - never again. I'd rather pay just a tad more and be on my way rather than wait for the van to fill up.

Archived