noordam 11/1/09

carol allen

jsut booked this cruise - I saw a threat posted on the roll calls but no one is signed up except 2 people

are there are any others on this cruise??????????///

this is my first Holland america cruise

carol

You might have seen a thread instead of a threat.:rolleyes: You are still a long way out from your cruise and should give it more time. Roll Call's are voluntary and there are some good ones and some that are kind of dull.

So give it some time and hopefully some type A personalities will come aboard and liven it up.

Every time I have cruised I have been so amazed on how many people who cruise have no idea of this wonderful and informational web site.

Give it more time and no matter what; you should have a wonderful experience cruising with Holland America.

PS: Was on the Noordam in November and it was a fantastic cruise.

I feel you, sister! We just put the deposit down on a Dec. 09 sailing and I just can't wait for other folks to say they are going. It's fun to have something to worry about other than work. Of course "worrying" about a cruise isn't a real worry, is it?

On our first (and only) cruise we had a phenomenal group from cruise critic. We booked that one early, too and it was so nice to share stories before we even got to the ship. Plus, we kept our thread going long after the actual cruise. Several of us had dinner before, and it was so nice to bump into people and chat. In fact, at one port, when an excursion we planned was cancelled, we saw a couple of very experienced cruisers and just followed them to a very relaxing, indulgent, spur-of-the-moment day on the beach.

*sigh*.

:-)

Hi Gene

I'm so glad someone else is going on the cruise.

I just found out I was not supposed to post this request on this board. It is supposed to be on the roll call section.

So why don't you go over to the roll call section under Noordam and go to November 1, 2008 and sign up.

Tell us more about you guys.

It will be fun talking back and forth.

Where are you from? Ken and I are from CT.

Carol

Where do you find the Roll Call? I have looked all over the site and can't find it. We are going on the Noordam on April 3 to Rome from Ft. Lauderdale.

If you look at the top left on this page you will see the breakdown of where you are now. Click on "Cruise Critic Message Boards".

This will take to to the page listing out all the various boards on this site. They are arranged in groupings.

The fourth or fifth grouping down is "Roll-Calls". Notice there is one for "Holland America". Click on that and you will find a list of all the HAL ships. Click on the one you are sailing on and you will come to the list of threads for that ship. Scroll down until you find yours.

Archived