Help! Infinity SS 6131 or 6145?

jagergirl55

I need your help! We are currently booked on an alaskan cruise this next year, on the Infinity. It will be our first time sailing with Celebrity, and our first time in a suite! (so exciting!)

I booked us in a SS category, in room 6131. I thought the balcony looked nice, since it seems larger. When I booked the reservations guy said I could have 6145, which is larger, but I didn't take it because of the standard balcony door. Was that a mistake? Does the non-sliding glass door make any difference? We just like having the slider open, it makes the room feel so much bigger!

So, in all of your experiences, which room would you recommend? Stay in 6131, or move to 6145?

Thanks!

Katie

We were in 6145 on Summit this past April. I, too, was a little concerned about the standard door vs sliding, however was glad I stuck with it. I thought the suite might be too dark without the wider door, but that didn't turn out to be the case at all.

The bathroom in 6145 was fabulous - a huge step up from the standard sky suite bathrooms. Even if the door situation would have been a determent (which it wasn't) I would have been happy with 6145 for the bathroom alone. Another plus was the furnishings. Beautiful dark woods that match those of the adjoining Penthouse. In case you didn't know, 6145 and 6146 have adjoining doors into the two Penthouses, thus the identical furnishings.

Good luck with your decision. Others may have had different experiences than ours with 6145, but we enjoyed it very much.

We were in 6145 on Summit this past April. I, too, was a little concerned about the standard door vs sliding, however was glad I stuck with it. I thought the suite might be too dark without the wider door, but that didn't turn out to be the case at all.

The bathroom in 6145 was fabulous - a huge step up from the standard sky suite bathrooms. Even if the door situation would have been a determent (which it wasn't) I would have been happy with 6145 for the bathroom alone. Another plus was the furnishings. Beautiful dark woods that match those of the adjoining Penthouse. In case you didn't know, 6145 and 6146 have adjoining doors into the two Penthouses, thus the identical furnishings.

Good luck with your decision. Others may have had different experiences than ours with 6145, but we enjoyed it very much.

Thank you so much for your response! I had no idea that they adjoined to the Penthouse, but from the pictures on cruisestateroom.com I could tell there was something much nicer about 6145! The bathroom looks amazing as well. I went ahead and called celebrity this morning, and 6145 was still available to they moved us! I'm so excited! I've read that the cabin may be darker, but for me that will be a plus! I am not an early riser, and a darker room means I can sleep in a little later!

Thank you again, and I'm hoping we have a great time! I'm just afraid we're going to be hooked on suites now!

I think you'll be satisfied with your decision! We sailed in a Royal Suite on the M-class ships once, and the bathroom in Sky Suites 6145 and 6146 are even nicer (and larger) than those in the Royal Suites IMO.

I think you'll be satisfied with your decision! We sailed in a Royal Suite on the M-class ships once, and the bathroom in Sky Suites 6145 and 6146 are even nicer (and larger) than those in the Royal Suites IMO.

Oh no! It sounds like I'm in for quite a treat! I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to my balcony room now! :(

Ok, obviously, I know what a sliding door is! :) But what is the "standard" door to the verandah in 6145/46? From those photos (OMG! That bathroom!), there is a ton of light coming in... So, what's the deal w/ the door in these 2 rooms? Also, anyone know why the door isn't of the sliding variety? Thanks everyone! I'm looking at the Infinity for an Alaskan cruise. I was leaning toward an aft CC cabin, but these 6145/46 Sky Suites look like a dream come true, so I may have to look a bit deeper in the pocket book. :)

Ok, obviously, I know what a sliding door is! :) But what is the "standard" door to the verandah in 6145/46? From those photos (OMG! That bathroom!), there is a ton of light coming in... So, what's the deal w/ the door in these 2 rooms? Also, anyone know why the door isn't of the sliding variety? Thanks everyone! I'm looking at the Infinity for an Alaskan cruise. I was leaning toward an aft CC cabin, but these 6145/46 Sky Suites look like a dream come true, so I may have to look a bit deeper in the pocket book. :)

A couple of the pictures were taken with flash while some others look darker because the light from the door underexposes the rest of the room. Regardless, I was concerned about the cabin being too dark before the cruise but during the cruise, I never thought the cabin was dark. There was plenty of light.

The single door was probably three to three and a half feet wide and opened outwards. There was a solid wall on either side of the door. I don't have a clue why a single door was used. Perhaps the design of the cabin didn't allow enough room for a sliding door. :confused:

I don't have a picture of the balcony but it was larger than a normal balcony. I think it was about 120 sq. ft.

Dave

We LOVED 6146 on Summit this year. The only thing I wished for was a hand shower in the stall shower. The hand shower is in the bathtub that has no shower curtain. I tried to use it once, but I ended up getting the floor very wet. I really like a handshower if I just want to take a quick shower and don't want to have to re-do my hair.

One minor hint. The closet doors are on sliders and very heavy. If they are not closed completely and there is some rocking of the ship, they will slide from side to side. We had some rough seas (it was a northern TA) and we had to use a wooden wedge to keep the doors from sliding in the middle of the night!! :eek:

Other than that, you WILL be very spoiled. Our butler was a dream, and it will be hard to have any other cabin. Rikki set the table every night so it was ready for our breakfast. I tried to get him to come home with me to no avail. :rolleyes: Life goes on though. Have a great trip

Archived