Hair Straightner from Mall Kiosk

whadyanuts

Especially this time of year, it seems every shopping mall has the same kiosks pushing the same products, i.e. cell phone covers, dead-sea scrub, the nail file buffer man who gets a little pushy if you both where the guy/girl straightens the hair of shoppers who sit in the chair at the kiosk as a demonstration? I was thinking of getting this straightner for my daughter and I was wondering if it works well.

I'll have to take note of it tomorrow when I go in. The last one I bought her was in Target probably the most expensive they had and it lasted a really long time, so if I get the name and no one has heard of it, I'll just go back and get a new one there.

If the mall kiosk brand is "Herstyler", it is excellent. It works much better on my hair (which is wavy and pretty fine) than other brands I have tried, including Chi. I ordered another one off the website so that I would have one for travel.

If the mall kiosk brand is "Herstyler", it is excellent. It works much better on my hair (which is wavy and pretty fine) than other brands I have tried, including Chi. I ordered another one off the website so that I would have one for travel.

Did you get your original "Herstyler" at the mall kiosk?

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a straightener from the mall guys, got it home and it doesn't come together flat and it pulls my hair out at the ends. So, make sure you use it right away and exchange it if it doesn't. I didn't live close and never got back to exchange it. I should have made the extra trip.

Hey Girls-

I have the "Pink" Flat Iron from the kiosk's at the Mall... Replica of the Chi... The brand ISO Turbo Professional Ceramic Iron Tourmaline Ionic... It works GREAT!!! Just as good as the Chi...I have CURLY fine hair... I use the "CHI" Silk Infusion... Works great!!! Must have!!! When using a Flat Iron...

Wishing you all Good Hair Days,

secretv2:D

Chi has come out with a travel sized blow dryer and flat iron...priced about $85 with a travel bag. It comes with sample size shampoo, conditioner, infusion and spray. See your hairstylist.;)

Check out JC Penney and Target they carry the CHI...The Hairstylist will be a bit more expensive...

• 1 year later...
Especially this time of year, it seems every shopping mall has the same kiosks pushing the same products, i.e. cell phone covers, dead-sea scrub, the nail file buffer man who gets a little pushy if you both where the guy/girl straightens the hair of shoppers who sit in the chair at the kiosk as a demonstration? I was thinking of getting this straightner for my daughter and I was wondering if it works well.

I heard that these people have illegal business practices. So I'd stay away.

My daughter and I both have thick curly/wavy hair that gets bigger and bigger in the humidity. (Think Monica in Jamaica) There is a Remington that we saw on GMA, which is an anti frizz flat iron. It's 49.00 at Target.

This looks like an old thread w/ some more recent posts added this month...so I'm assuming offering advice of this is still relevant?

Anyways just wanted to say that when you're looking for a flat iron/hair straightener, make sure it is ceramic (the part that touches your hair, not the whole thing) to avoid as much damage as possible AND that it has the ability to adjust the heat setting.

You can get ceramic coated flat iron for relatively cheap at Target, walmart or even CVS, but as w/ anything you get what you pay for so if your hair is prone to frizz, is thick, or "kinky" you are better off investing in something a little more pricey ($50+)

Also try folica . com

I purchased my flat iron from them several years ago and it works like a dream. I have the 1" Sedu ceramic flat iron and if it decides to die, I'd definitely purchase the same brand again.

I heard that these people have illegal business practices. So I'd stay away.

Never heard this.... care to explain???

Are we talking about the licensed vendors that work in the malls every day??

Archived