NCL Just posted their "Wave" Sale on their Website.

mr jailerman

To the OP... so how did you get the OBC on an existing reservation??????

If you are not within the penalty period for cancelling, you can technically "cancel" your cruise and rebook to get the promotion. However, as LittleBlue said, it depends on the current pricing, and what you paid, whether it is worth it or not.

CG

Yup, sure enough. I got an additional OBC on my existing May 31st reservation as well. Mind you, I already had a $100 OBC so I only got an additional $50 OBC but hey, that covers the service charge for a nice specialty restaurant dinner. :D

By the way, my cruise fare did not go up at all.

I found that my South American cruise (BB) in January 2010 dropped in price from $1889 to $1417, and then went down again a few days later to $1304. I had my travel agent call both times and he easily got us the lower price without rebooking, so we already saved $585 per person. The second time the price dropped, I didn't know about the OBC but the person at NCL told him about it, so we got a $150 credit also. So I would definitely call and ask, it's well worth it. I was prepared to rebook but didn't have to, it only took a 2 minute phone call.

so if i already received an obc for booking earlier is it still possible to get more on top of that?

It depends. In my case I already had a $100 OBC from before. The current promotion offers $150 for balcony cabins so they just gave me $50 more, not $250 in OBC. I think that is fair.

It depends. In my case I already had a $100 OBC from before. The current promotion offers $150 for balcony cabins so they just gave me $50 more, not $250 in OBC. I think that is fair.

oh, okay, thanks. i got the rate that they're giving out now so i guess i won't be getting any extra.

Everyone should be aware that recently NCL has changed the price of the cruises quoted on the website to NOT include the travel innsurance. It still can be purchased but it is not priced in the quote.

Thanks for mentioning it - I just repriced my cruise and thought I was getting an even better deal:rolleyes: until I figured that out!

I simply called NCL and asked for it. Just was that simple. Try It or have your T/A do it. Good Luck.:)

Jailerman, help me out here. I must be doing something wrong (and I'm a first-time NCL cruiser so I'm a bit of a rookie). Booked our cruise less than 90 days out with a TA so paid everything at once. Called NCL today to see about the OBC you mentioned and they indicated that my TA "owns" the reservation so they'd have to call. So, called my TA but she's on vacation until end of the year so I spoke with her manager instead. He called NCL for me but got back to me and told me that the booking agent who handled my cruise (the one on vacation) has to be the one to make this request. Does this sound accurate to you? I don't want to be greedy but if I'm eligible for the additional OBC, I certainly want to take advantage of it and I'm worried this offer might no longer be available by the time my TA returns...

Confused on a Friday....:confused: and appreciate any advice!

Karen

Jailerman, help me out here. I must be doing something wrong (and I'm a first-time NCL cruiser so I'm a bit of a rookie). Booked our cruise less than 90 days out with a TA so paid everything at once. Called NCL today to see about the OBC you mentioned and they indicated that my TA "owns" the reservation so they'd have to call. So, called my TA but she's on vacation until end of the year so I spoke with her manager instead. He called NCL for me but got back to me and told me that the booking agent who handled my cruise (the one on vacation) has to be the one to make this request. Does this sound accurate to you? I don't want to be greedy but if I'm eligible for the additional OBC, I certainly want to take advantage of it and I'm worried this offer might no longer be available by the time my TA returns...

Karen

No it does not sound right, the part about your agent owning the reservation is correct and they have to call but the part about the Manager at that agency not being able to handle it for you while an agent is on vacation is rediculous. I would call back and insist they deal with it. Then only other thing I can think is that this agency you booked with is all independent agents, which I think would be awful. I hope it works out but I would not ever use that agency again especially if it does not work out.

Karen

this is ridiculous

Karen

We're in the same situation and NCL said no go! The only way to get an OBC for existing reservations is if you have not paid final payment. Those who are getting the OBC and have an existing reservation are being cancelled and rebooked. If your cruise is already paid off they will charge the penalty fee and this wouldn't make sense.

Has anyone out there received the OBC for this promotion when they had already made final payment?

Archived