NCL Just posted their "Wave" Sale on their Website.

mr jailerman

We're in the same situation and NCL said no go! The only way to get an OBC for existing reservations is if you have not paid final payment. Those who are getting the OBC and have an existing reservation are being cancelled and rebooked. If your cruise is already paid off they will charge the penalty fee and this wouldn't make sense.

Has anyone out there received the OBC for this promotion when they had already made final payment?

To Karen : I would call the T/A back and MAKE them address your needs on this sale as they may be TAKING $ out of your pocket by waiting ! As for OBC after Final Payment, I made my final payment one week ago and it's NOT due till FEB 5th and I just got $105.00 OBC... So I am one that it worked out for. I DID book direct with NCL..

To Karen : I would call the T/A back and MAKE them address your needs on this sale as they may be TAKING $ out of your pocket by waiting ! As for OBC after Final Payment, I made my final payment one week ago and it's NOT due till FEB 5th and I just got $105.00 OBC... So I am one that it worked out for. I DID book direct with NCL..

I reread through the entire thread earlier and thought that maybe only those who hadn't made final payment would be eligible for this extra OBC. Thank you for clarifying that you had indeed paid in full already. I did try to call the T/A but got put on hold for 20 minutes before ultimately hanging up and sending an email to the manager I was dealing with and I copied the original TA so she'd have a record of this when she returns. No reply as of yet but I can hope...

Thanks again for your support and your replies!;)

Karen

He made final payment but his payment was not due until Feb 5th, so even tho he paid it, date wise it wasnt actually due... so he still qualifys

Everyone should be aware that recently NCL has changed the price of the cruises quoted on the website to NOT include the travel innsurance. It still can be purchased but it is not priced in the quote.

Their booking thingy must be messed up. Just checked and an I was listed at $623 PP, when I clicked on it the next page showed over $1700 total, and clicking on that figure for the breakdown it showed $779 PP cruise fare + fees/taxes. Pity the poor person that just clicks away without doing the math. :)

I just called my TA, she called NCL to get the credit. I had gotten such a low rate to begin with, they would not give me the OBC. No big deal, to get 300 OBC, i would have to pay 500 more. I think I will keep my low rate.

nancy

This is not uncommon. We too got a low rate with our CC Group and even with the OBC, our Group rates are much less!:D

I, for one, am excited. I had my Cruise Rewards to use, and had been debating on Alaska or Europe. Saw some fabulous prices and decided last night to call and book today. I didn't think I wanted an inside this time, but knew I couldn't afford a balcony. I'd resigned myself to a porthole, but with the $100 in OBC, I went ahead and got a picture window. :D

Hooray!

Please excuse my ignorance as I'm a fairly new cruiser. Is it really that subjective that a TA or NCL can decide rather randomly who to give an OBC to based on what they paid for the cruise in the first place? I was under the impression that if there's an advertisement for an OBC, it pertains to everyone...

Please excuse my ignorance as I'm a fairly new cruiser. Is it really that subjective that a TA or NCL can decide rather randomly who to give an OBC to based on what they paid for the cruise in the first place? I was under the impression that if there's an advertisement for an OBC, it pertains to everyone...

To get the OBC in this promotion you have to also take the current rate, which could be much higher than you originally booked at and would more than offset the OBC

To get the OBC in this promotion you have to also take the current rate, which could be much higher than you originally booked at and would more than offset the OBC

so you're saying the people who are taking the new OBC offer are paying more for the cruise?

so you're saying the people who are taking the new OBC offer are paying more for the cruise?

Only if the current rate is higher than what they booked at, in fact some are finding the current rate lower and are getting the lower rate in addition to the OBC. It all depends on the particular cruise and your particular situation.

you should ask again b/c we got our military discount with their current promotion

Thanks, I'll call the TA and tighten the screws tomorrow.

BTW, was yours a new booking? We put the deposit down (for a Nov 1, 2009 sailing) a few weeks before NCL introduced the new promotion.

Any other vets want to make comments?

Dan.

Thanks, I'll call the TA and tighten the screws tomorrow.

BTW, was yours a new booking? We put the deposit down (for a Nov 1, 2009 sailing) a few weeks before NCL introduced the new promotion.

Any other vets want to make comments?

Dan.

Yes, it was a new booking for 2010, but we also booked a cruise we are going on in Feb 09 a few months back and got out military discount and 150$ obc, i booked in september i think, you should always get your military discount with promotions, NCL call centers have alot of new people answering phones, making bookings and sometimes they do not know the promos.

My TA said that I'd lose my military discount for the OBC. A non-starter.

Are you booked direct through NCL or another Travel Agency? I ask, because I have 2 bookings, one through NCL and one through an online agency, both with the military (PGMIL) discount. My NCL PCC checked it out and no problem to get the OBC along with keeping the military discount (although I did upgrade to an I inside from a J as the OBC starts with the I, cost $64 to go up to I so basically spent $14 to upgrade. Then the next day they increased the fares $80 for that cruise so I got in under the wire) Anyway, my online TA gave me the same story that I would lose the military discount if I took the OBC until Iinformed him that the NCL direct booked cruise had no problem with giving both, thenhe came back and said Done. :)

Do check the latest fare for your cruise with the pgmil discount to make sure they haven't gone up or that could more than offset the OBC as you have to accept the current fare rate, mine were both still the same the day I got the credit then one went up the next day and the other stayed the same.

Archived