how much do you think it would cost...

taralu7

to send out our laundry? 2 adults, 3 kids. it would be the things that we'd wear and sweat in during the day. bathing suits, i'll rinse out and let dry to be used again. dinner clothes i plan on hanging back up neatly. any idea? i don't want to go broke sending out laundry but it would be nice not having to lug all of our foul dirty clothes back home.

opinions?

I think under the frequently asked questions area on the Carnival site they have a laudry list price. They also have self service laundarmats on the ships.....

Yep...I was right it is there with pricing......

I know on a few days on our cruise in July they had a $10 special.....you could put shorts...undergarments....tops...and it cost $10. It came back to that nite. I did this a couple of times. I also used the laundry mat.....It was worth having mostly clean cloths when we got home.

A few days into the cruise there is a laundry special when there give you a bag and you fill it with your dirty laundry and there is a flat rate for it. I think it is $15. You leave the bag on your bed for the steward and it will be returned to you folded that night.

Be aware that when you do the $15 laundry special it all comes back in the same bag it went out in so if you cram stuff in, it'll come back crammed, yes, folded but stuffed in the bag. Nothing is on hangars or pressed so it's not good for a lot of clothing. Honestly I will only do underwear and socks in the $15 special from now on. Regular laundry prices are high. A pair of underwear is like $2 so it'll add up fast.

We just got home from an 8 day cruise on the Spirit. The $15 special does not include shorts, t-shirts, jeans, etc. It's for sox, underwear, bras, pj's, etc. They will put a list on your door.

Also, we did one load of sox and underwear mid week and it was $2 to wash and $2 to dry for 30 minutes. It was a very small load and after 30 minutes in the dryer I had to hang everything in the room to dry. It was still wet. I don't know if the dryer was broken, but if you plan to do laundry, make sure you find a dryer that has just been used by someone else so you know it works good.

Fantasy last week... 15.00 whatever you can fit in the bag and they bring it all back washed and folded.

As others mentioned, self-laundry was 2.00 wash and 2.00 dry, 41 minute cycles. (Not including soap, which was extra.. or just bring your own). I took my large load out of the dryer after 30 minutes and everything was very dry.

Are there Laundry Services available on board?

Laundry Services In addition to self-service launderettes on each ship, there is a valet laundry service on board; dry cleaning is not available. Following is the price list; this service is handled through the room Steward:

Mens Item Wash Press; Press Only

Suit 2-Piece: n/a; $7.00

Suit 3-Piece: n/a; $8.00

Jacket: $5.00; $3.75

Blazer: $5.00; $3.75

Over Coat: $8.00; $6.00

Trousers: $5.00; $4.00

T-Shirt: $2.00; $1.50

Shorts: $4.00; $3.00

Under Shorts: $2.00; $1.50

Track Suit: $7.00; $5.00

Pajamas: $4.00; $3.00

Pair of Socks: $2.00; n/a

Jeans: $4.00; $3.00

Shirt: $4.00; $3.00

Tie: $2.00; $1.50

Ladies Item Wash Press; Press Only

Suit 2-piece: n/a;$7.00

Dress: $7.50; $6.00

Shirt/Blouse: $4.00; $3.00

Silk Blouse: $5.00; $3.75

Skirt: $5.00; $4.00

Jacket: $5.00; $3.75

Over Coat: $8.00; $6.00

Slacks/Pants: $5.00; $4.00

Shorts: $4.00; $3.00

Panties/Bra/Slip: $2.00; n/a

Jeans: $4.00; $3.00

T-Shirt: $2.00; $1.50

Track Suit: $7.00; $5.00

Nightgown/PJ's: $5.00; $3.75

Swim Suit: $3.00; $2.00

Pair of Socks: $2.00; n/a

Scarf: $3.50; $2.75

Handkerchief: $2.00; $1.25

Think you would be wise to wait for the special or go to the laundry room and do it yourself.:)

Bill

I am the laundry queen on our cruise.

For some reason, the doing laundry is such a chore at home, but something that does not bother me on a cruise!

I wake up early AM, anyway.. .and drop off a load in the wash. Go back to my room, shower, get dressed, .... then put it in the dryer. Go have breakfast, and the load is DONE!

We bring a collapsable mesh hamper in our luggage.

Cost is $5.00 a load. ($2 for the wash, $2 for the dryer, $1 for tide).

With a family of five, I usually do three loads each cruise.

Catrin

Archived