Balcony question - all ships

scitchr

We will be cruising with my parents and would like to get side by side rooms so that we can open the partition between our balconies and have some common space. Does anyone know which ships have moveable gates/walls on the balconies. I know that the Diamond Princess had this. Do all Princess ships? Which other lines?

Any help is appreciated.Thanks!:)

Most of the ships built in the last 10 years have balcony dividers that open. If you are curious about a particular ship, google it and try to find some pictures. Chances are there are many pics online of any given ship.

If you are curious about a particular ship, google it and try to find some pictures.

I have been doing this with limited results. I love Google, but it is not too helpful with this for me.

Thanks for the info everyone.

On all of HAL's Vista class ships and new Signature class ship ALL balconies and verandahs do have a small door that can be opened. The crew use this method to go from baclony to balcony to wash them down.

Your cabin steward also has a Key that can unlock this door -- and he can also make it so that it will stay open and won't bang while the ship is moving -- there is a latch at the top of the panel that holds the door in place when it is open.

We had a balcony on Celebrity Galaxy and the balconies opened to each other.

We will be on the MSC Orchestra on Feb 14th and have an aft balcony, room 8195 or something. The aft balcony rooms have doors that connect them. Since I haven't been on the ship yet I don't know if their is a door that opens between the balconies.

Adventure of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas on Royal Caribbean will not let you removed them. However, on deck 7, towards the bow of the ship, the dividers do not extend all the way out. The balconies are also 2ft deeper. There is less privacy, but the divider does not completely separate the two balconies.

We will be cruising with my parents and would like to get side by side rooms so that we can open the partition between our balconies and have some common space. Does anyone know which ships have moveable gates/walls on the balconies. I know that the Diamond Princess had this. Do all Princess ships? Which other lines?

Any help is appreciated.Thanks!:)

Ruth, not all Princess cabins have this option :(. My suggestion would be to call Princess or a TA and ask which cabins have openable partitions. We've never needed it, but on our last cruise one side opened, the other didn't.

It would have been very disappointing if we'd counted on being able to open the partition and not been able to :(.

Archived