Dining (Breakfast/Lunch) Attire

Hatty324

Are the rules the same as for dinner....or are rules more relaxed for Breakfast and Lunch? Obviously I understand no beachwear, sandals, etc...just curious how much more relaxed for breakfast/lunch??

You can wear shorts for Breakfast and lunch. Sandals are fine as well. Just no shorts at dinner.

I've worn shorts and t-shirts plus a baseball cap in the dining room for breakfast and lunch and was never turned away.

This may sound like flaming, but -- why would you need to wear a baseball cap in a DR at any time of day? Aren't they used to keep sun off your head?? I agree that shorts are just fine for breakfast and lunch, but why the cap????????

This may sound like flaming, but -- why would you need to wear a baseball cap in a DR at any time of day? Aren't they used to keep sun off your head?? I agree that shorts are just fine for breakfast and lunch, but why the cap????????

My guess, to cover the hair that isn't there. LOL

A nice couple that we met through CC (who we remain friends with) met us for breakfast in the dining room during our Caribbean cruise. He was wearing tank top and shorts and was told to go change into a t-shirt or he could not enter the dining room. It didn't bother us. They have a dress code and we either respect it or we go somewhere else.

I wore my hat (not baseball) into the buffet (not the dining room) for lunch after morning tours because, believe me, you'd really rather look at my hat than my "hat head" hair at that point.

Kathi

He was wearing tank top and shorts and was told to go change into a t-shirt or he could not enter the dining room.

This reminds me of a funny story!!:D The same thing happened to my hubby but it was on disembarkation day. We knew the rule about tank tops but we didn't think that they would bother enforcing it on the last morning. Needless to say, we found out different when the Maitre D' wouldn't seat him with our huge group for a Good-Bye Breakfast.

We had already packed everything in our luggage and set it out the night before, so he had no different shirt to put on. The only thing we had with some sleeves was my nightie, that I had worn the night before. He went out the dining room doors, put the nightie over his tank top, and then walked back in. He stopped at the podium and asked the Maitre D' if this top was more suitable. The guy started cracking up and said "that's much better, sir" and brought him over to our table!!! ROTFLMAO

This reminds me of a funny story!!:D The same thing happened to my hubby but it was on disembarkation day. We knew the rule about tank tops but we didn't think that they would bother enforcing it on the last morning. Needless to say' date=' we found out different when the Maitre D' wouldn't seat him with our huge group for a Good-Bye Breakfast. [/color']

We had already packed everything in our luggage and set it out the night before, so he had no different shirt to put on. The only thing we had with some sleeves was my nightie, that I had worn the night before. He went out the dining room doors, put the nightie over his tank top, and then walked back in. He stopped at the podium and asked the Maitre D' if this top was more suitable. The guy started cracking up and said "that's much better, sir" and brought him over to our table!!! ROTFLMAO

That's a good one....exactly what I would have done. :D:D:D

Thank you for that, I was wondering...

And congratulations to the maitre d'. I like that he stuck by the rule but I really like how it all worked out! I wonder that they don't keep a shirt or two in reserve for occasions like that.

I would love to wear one of his shirts. :D It would probably be the last time anyone could use it after I was finished with it. I'm a sloppy eater. :rolleyes:

Amen. Caps should never be worn in a restaurant or dining room. Caps should always be worn in a bar, however.

I wore my hat (not baseball) into the buffet (not the dining room) for lunch after morning tours because, believe me, you'd really rather look at my hat than my "hat head" hair at that point.

Kathi

I agree. If you've been wearing the hat all day in the sun, it's silly to have to wash your hair in order to be able to not have to wear the hat.

Of course I will shower before dinner, but a quick lunch? Nope. And yes, I would need to shower and wash my hair in order to get it into any semblance of neatness.

Did you think "muffydawg" was a man?

I'm a female who has sometimes chosen not to blow dry her hair in the morning. I'll get dressed and throw a baseball cap on to complete my ensemble prior to eating breakfast or lunch in the DR and then going ashore..and as I'm fair haired and fair skinned, I do use the cap (or wide brimmed hat) to shield my face from the sun....

Archived