"New" RCI Luggage Tag Process?

Is anyone familiar with the new RCI Luggage Tag Procedure? I just received my E-Docs and there is only an example of the luggage tag. From what I understand; the passengers must fill out the actual luggage tags at the pier??? I would think this would really cause a back-up in the Porter's area.

Is this correct??

Bob

Is anyone familiar with the new RCI Luggage Tag Procedure? I just received my E-Docs and there is only an example of the luggage tag. From what I understand; the passengers must fill out the actual luggage tags at the pier??? I would think this would really cause a back-up in the Porter's area.

Is this correct??

Bob

If you choose to have your docs delivered by mail the tags will be provided. If you select edocs you must get them at the peir.

It will only take a few seconds as long as you know your stateroom number. I drew a blank last time.

We had the same thing. It took less than 90 seconds to have everything taken care of. Just make sure to have the sheet with all of the info on it ready. They just copy it onto a tag.

Like Texasmunk says, they know this stuff like the back of their hand.

I was so pleased with the whole embarkation process.

Hello, We just did this on Celebrity last week out of Miami. I was worried about it, too, but, when we got there, you could see all the porters had tags hanging out of their back pockets. I would suggest bringing the sample and making sure you memorize the info, Ours was cabin 4033 ( which we knew of course,) but, we had to add our quadrant-B4, Forward. I brought my own pen also, thought that would speed things up. A funny note, as I was filling them out and giving them to my boyfriend to put on the luggage, the porter actually said, " If you were planning on tipping the porter, this would be your opportunity to do so"! Of course we planned to and of course we did, but, I wonder if others who don't tip would have been shamed into doing so....Maureen

" If you were planning on tipping the porter, this would be your opportunity to do so"!

We had the same exact thing happen last year in Port Everglades.

I thought it was very tacky. Made me feel like an idiot, as a matter of fact.

Well, I guess they got to do it with some.

We copied ours from the e-docs and then laminated them and attached them to the luggage. We made sure to put them front to back before laminating them so that it would be easy to see if the tag flipped over. This was our first cruise so I was worried about the porters messing up the tags and our luggage not arriving. I see now that we probably wouldn't have had a problem, however we will most likely do the same thing for our upcoming cruise.

We had the same exact thing happen last year in Port Everglades.

I thought it was very tacky. Made me feel like an idiot, as a matter of fact.

Well, I guess they got to do it with some.

We actually had a porter in Miami ask us if we wanted our luggage to make it to the ship? If so ... then we should tip. He had just picked up our bags!:mad:

Many will now "remind" you about tipping them since, in the past few years, they have seen a trend of stiffing the porters. It is tacky for them to do it, but it has become self defense for them!!!

I usually take the tip out of my wallet and hold it visably in my hand while they are unloading my car and checking the luggage tags. Makes it easy for both of us.

Archived