Stop What You're Doing!

mrtractor

Praying for all CC members in trouble this Christmas Eve. We've just returned from the bedside of a sick farmer,where we sang carols and prayed for him. It's now dark, and we will soon be preparing for a midnight service in an ancient church with a Viking cross outside the door. prayers have been offered on that spot for around 1000 years. May the Spirit of Christmas be in all your hearts tonight. Love from the Lake District, UK.-jocap.

My friend Steve, who stood up for me as best man over 27 years ago, was on the Pride of America last week. He had surgery a few months ago, but his doctor said it was fine for him to fly from DC to HNL for a cruise. Just before getting on the ship he developed blood clots in his legs and had to rent a scooter. Once on the ship he was forced to spend most of his time in bed. Finally, on Thursday, he was flown from Kona to the Straub Trauma Center in Honolulu. After a battery of test, they determined he will have to undergo an aortal transplant. He is unable to fly home. The surgery is later today in Honolulu and will last 6-8 hours. Needless to say, this is very serious and pretty scary stuff.

His wife is there with him and his daughter if flying in from Washington, DC today to be with him. But he's far from home and needs our prayers. I'm trying to start a prayer chain to ask for help with the things that can't be done by the skill of the surgeon.

So, whether you know Steve or met Steve and Michelle on that cruise or not, stop what you're doing and offer up a little prayer for Steve and his family and ask your friends to do the same. You can just send someone the link to this thread if you'd like. And while you're at it, you can thank the Almighty that this didn't happen to you.

By the way, the officers and crew of the POA did a fantastic job of taking care of Steve in very difficult circumstances. I'll share the whole story with CC after we get through all this.

MrTractor<--------still thinks that Christmas is a religious holiday........

Ijust said a prayer and will say another one in Church on Sunday. Thanks for sharing this story and good luck to Steve and his family.

This isn't the place but it is the time: lets' leave Christ in Christmas..

Nita

Steve's daughter called from HI just before Steve came out of surgery. She reported late last night that everything went fine. Whew! They completed the aortal replacement, but have decided to wait to work on the clots in his legs. They are hoping with the improved blood flow that it will take care of itself. Steve will probably be in intensive care for a week or so and maybe longer if they decide to do more surgery. But in any case, it's "so far, so good." He's not out of the woods yet, but he's doing great considering everything.

See!? The combination of sincere prayer, good science and skillful doctors is unbeatable.

I met a wonderful couple on the Pride of Hawai'i in '06, you'll know him as "Spleen" here on CC. He lives on Oahu and heard about Steve's situation. After I emailed him about it, he said he would stop by and bring Steve some flowers. I thought that was really nice and might help boost everyone's spirits.

Now you guys are all sending a card. That's really nice. You might want to mention that his friend Jerry started this on Cruise Critic, just so he'll know where all this came from and he won't be too confused. I won't tell him about it until after he gets it, just so it'll be kind of a surprise!

Thanks for all your prayers, meditations, good thoughts, positive energy and whatever else your faith allows you to send Steve and his family.

Hi, Eric, Diane and Patricia!

MrTractor<---------believes The Man is listening.....;)..........

What wonderful news! I will continue to pray for a full recovery.

Prayers on the way from Louisiana and I think Christmas is a religious holiday as well. In fact the return address on my Christmas cards say Keep CHRIST in Christmas.

Merry Christmas

Just got word from his daughter. They removed the ventilator about 30 minutes ago and he is breathing fine. He's in a lot of pain after being cracked open like a crab, but that's to be expected. All his "numbers" are good and his blood is less acidic than they expected. That's why they could remove the ventilator so soon. He'll be in intensive care for a couple of days and then be moved to a room when he's ready.

So, keep up the good work everyone. It's working!!

MrTractor<---------wishes everyone a Merry Christmas even if it's not what you celebrate........

Just got word from his daughter. They removed the ventilator about 30 minutes ago and he is breathing fine. He's in a lot of pain after being cracked open like a crab, but that's to be expected. All his "numbers" are good and his blood is less acidic than they expected. That's why they could remove the ventilator so soon. He'll be in intensive care for a couple of days and then be moved to a room when he's ready.

So, keep up the good work everyone. It's working!!

MrTractor<---------wishes everyone a Merry Christmas even if it's not what you celebrate........

Thank for the up date.

Happy Holidays

Steve's daughter called from HI just before Steve came out of surgery. She reported late last night that everything went fine. Whew! They completed the aortal replacement, but have decided to wait to work on the clots in his legs. They are hoping with the improved blood flow that it will take care of itself. Steve will probably be in intensive care for a week or so and maybe longer if they decide to do more surgery. But in any case, it's "so far, so good." He's not out of the woods yet, but he's doing great considering everything.

See!? The combination of sincere prayer, good science and skillful doctors is unbeatable.

I met a wonderful couple on the Pride of Hawai'i in '06, you'll know him as "Spleen" here on CC. He lives on Oahu and heard about Steve's situation. After I emailed him about it, he said he would stop by and bring Steve some flowers. I thought that was really nice and might help boost everyone's spirits.

Now you guys are all sending a card. That's really nice. You might want to mention that his friend Jerry started this on Cruise Critic, just so he'll know where all this came from and he won't be too confused. I won't tell him about it until after he gets it, just so it'll be kind of a surprise!

Thanks for all your prayers, meditations, good thoughts, positive energy and whatever else your faith allows you to send Steve and his family.

Hi, Eric, Diane and Patricia!

MrTractor<---------believes The Man is listening.....;)..........

Mr Tractor,

I need Steve's last name or this card will never make it. It has over 100 names now. Does Steve or his wife post on CC?

Let me know his name ASAP so I can get this mailed. Thanks. I mentioned Jerry on the bottom left of the inside of the card and will write something on the back of the envelope to let him know who we are.

Thank you so much for the update.

PTL. God is good. I am sending the card the day after Christmas with all your names on it. I don't know how long it will take to get there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Have a wonderful day tomorrow

Just wanted to thank you for being so thoughtful and taking care of this get well card! What a wonderful thing to do. May each one here have a Blessed Christmas.

So glad to hear that the gentlemen is out of surgery and doing well! God is so Amazing!

Latest update........

Steve is experiencing a lot of pain. His doctor says it's normal, but is ordering another CATscan. So many things can happen. We'll just keep praying and keeping a good thought!

MrTractor<-----------------has pain but ignores it.....most of the time......:o......

My friend Steve, who stood up for me as best man over 27 years ago, was on the Pride of America last week. He had surgery a few months ago, but his doctor said it was fine for him to fly from DC to HNL for a cruise. Just before getting on the ship he developed blood clots in his legs and had to rent a scooter. Once on the ship he was forced to spend most of his time in bed. Finally, on Thursday, he was flown from Kona to the Straub Trauma Center in Honolulu. After a battery of test, they determined he will have to undergo an aortal transplant. He is unable to fly home. The surgery is later today in Honolulu and will last 6-8 hours. Needless to say, this is very serious and pretty scary stuff.

His wife is there with him and his daughter if flying in from Washington, DC today to be with him. But he's far from home and needs our prayers. I'm trying to start a prayer chain to ask for help with the things that can't be done by the skill of the surgeon.

So, whether you know Steve or met Steve and Michelle on that cruise or not, stop what you're doing and offer up a little prayer for Steve and his family and ask your friends to do the same. You can just send someone the link to this thread if you'd like. And while you're at it, you can thank the Almighty that this didn't happen to you.

By the way, the officers and crew of the POA did a fantastic job of taking care of Steve in very difficult circumstances. I'll share the whole story with CC after we get through all this.

Our prayers are with Steve and his family. Thank you for sharing this story.

When he can receive mail, I found the address for cards if anyone wants to send one. I may just try to get a card and sign everyones name. Does anyone object to that?

Mrtractor, I will need his last name so if you would rather e mail it to me at: lfoster 0113 at comcast dot net, I'll try to get something out before we go on our cruise.

Straub Trauma Center

888 South King Street

Honolulu, HI 96813

Linda...you are a sweetheart to do this! I think I have a new MOS job for you....you can be the Sunshine gal that sends out greetings to everyone needing cheering up!!!!

PTL. God is good. I am sending the card the day after Christmas with all your names on it. I don't know how long it will take to get there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Have a wonderful day tomorrow

such a great idea, and thanks for doing that..............Patricia

Well, Avis was transferred to rehab this afternoon. When I arrived this morning I was starting to doubt if I should attempt to drive him. I walked in and he had oxygen going as when he got up during the night he must have needed it, they took it off after breakfast and he was ok. This morning he dozed a lot but after lunch he perked up some, so I was still ok with driving him, it was about maybe 6 or 7 miles. 2 nurses brought him down and helped him in the car and at rehab someone came out and got him out of the car, so it worked out ok. When I left tonight he was starting to have some pain but the stronger pain pills had not come up from pharmacy. His nurse assured me that he would give the pain pills to him as soon as they arrived.

We just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary this past June, dated for 6 years ....so in 46 years this is only the second year we have been apart on Christmas Eve....the other was the year he was in Army in Viet Nam, but the children and grandchildren and I will be there with him tomorrow morning.

thanks for all your support and prayers............Patricia

It's now Christmas in PA and I just had to check in to see before I finish up to see how Steve is doing. Hopefully the new tests show all is well or is something easy to fix.

Also Patricia, I'm including you in my prayers for the strength to bear this cross. I believe it is your husband that is failing? May God ease his pain and yours.

I know others also asked for prayers and although I don't remember all the names.....I'm including all CCers who need a miracle, large or small.

Merry Christmas to All!

Archived