If you have a cabin assigned, do you ever get upgraded?

happy cruzer

Hi, Each cruise line can handle upgrades differently.

On Celebrity, if you have an assigned cabin, do you ever get upgraded?

I have received an upgrade years ago, but I don't remember if I just had a guarantee with no cabin assigned or booked a particular cabin.

This time I just booked a cabin not a guarantee and wonder how they handle that. Other lines still do upgrades which some folks don't like because they wanted their original cabin. I don't really care but I do like to know how the line handles it.

Thanks.

We booked an OV GTY on Constellation for Feb. and were assigned cabin 2002!

When a senior citizen promo was available last week, I rebooked to a different cabin category and saved a couple hundred. No upgrade for this experiment.

Celebrity upgrades are very rare and not part of booking policy but some people seem to be luckier than others.

Hi C2C

What was 2002 like? We just were assigned 2001 with a GTY on Millie.

Ontario Cruiser

Merry Christmas Everyone

#2002 was assigned for our Feb 2009 cruise. I was hoping for better but when the special pricing came out we upgraded ourselves to a different category: 6001

We just got off Mercury Friday and the first thing I did when we got on the ship was to go to Guest relations and ask if any upgrades were available. They said they would check. Two days later we were upgraded from a cat7 to a CC on the 10th deck for $100pp. Guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Upgrades (freebies) are very rare on Celebrity. If there are cabins are available, Celebrity would rather sell the upgrade onboard for a lower price as nmtraveler did. You are more likely to get an upgrade with a guarantee category than booking a specific cabin.

We had a specific cabin booked and we were surprised and delighted to learn that we'd been upgraded significally about 2 weeks before sailing.

We're booked on the same ship, same intinery and same cabin inm March - does lightening ever strike twice? We hope so, but aren't counting on it. ;)

Last May on our Med cruise on the Galaxy we were upgraded from a CC to a Sky Suite at the last minute. We had one of the 4 CC cabins with the large balconies and were given a Sky Suite on a lower deck with a regular balcony. We accepted it because we had more space in the cabin. This past October our dear friends went with us on their first Celebrity Cruise on the Mercury. They had booked an ocean view cabin. A week before sailing they changed to an ocean view guarantee at a cheaper price and ended up with a great CC cabin and a refund. Now, that was a great upgrade. Based on their experience we booked a 2b guarantee (something we have never done) on the Solstice for a January sailing and got exactly what we paid for. No upgrade.

Archived