Teamakers in your stateroom on the Navigator?

Bestbubba

Just returned from a wonderful 14 night cruise on the Brilliance and we were surprised to see a teamaker and all the fixings in our cabin, how delightful! Sailing on the Navigator in June, can anyone tell me if this idea is fleetwide?

Hope you all had a very merry Christmas and wishing everyone on CC a happy New Year

Sue

I think RCI does do that for their ships sailing in Europe only so you have a chance. Here in the states an electric kettle to use with the French Press is only available in the Owners Suite and Royal Suite (honestly can't remember if its in the Grand Suite too)

Just returned from a wonderful 14 night cruise on the Brilliance and we were surprised to see a teamaker and all the fixings in our cabin' date=' how delightful! Sailing on the Navigator in June, can anyone tell me if this idea is fleetwide?[/size']

Hope you all had a very merry Christmas and wishing everyone on CC a happy New Year

Sue

How strange - were you in a suite - they are the only rooms that have teamaker etc - the only ship with kettles on is Independence (when she sails out of Southampton for the British market) as far as I am aware.

How strange - were you in a suite - they are the only rooms that have teamaker etc - the only ship with kettles on is Independence (when she sails out of Southampton for the British market) as far as I am aware.

In a suite? Chance would be a fine thing Albert!;) No, we were in a D1 balcony. Just have to keep our fingers crossed I suppose, it was nice!

Sue

I think RCI does do that for their ships sailing in Europe only so you have a chance. Here in the states an electric kettle to use with the French Press is only available in the Owners Suite and Royal Suite (honestly can't remember if its in the Grand Suite too)

At least on the Grandeur and Navigator.

Sandy

Just returned from a wonderful 14 night cruise on the Brilliance and we were surprised to see a teamaker and all the fixings in our cabin' date=' how delightful! Sailing on the Navigator in June, can anyone tell me if this idea is fleetwide?[/size']

Sue

No teamaker in our cabin this week, but we only had a PR inside.

Sue

Sounds like RCCL are trying to accomodate the UK/Europe market by having the kettles in more of the staterooms on Med cruises.

I remember on the NV on the Med in Sept 07 the queues of Brits making their Tea in the Cafe Promenade. Tables were even set up on the Royal Promenade with Tea making facilites.

They just added them to the Brilliance. We sailed on her 13-25 November and did not have them. However, we noticed them in boxes on the cabin steward's cart the day we were leaving. Too bad they hadn't added them before our cruise. (But then again, it meant we had to go to the Windjammer to make our tea where we could find desserts to go with our tea.)

Just returned from a wonderful 14 night cruise on the Brilliance and we were surprised to see a teamaker and all the fixings in our cabin' date=' how delightful! Sailing on the Navigator in June, can anyone tell me if this idea is fleetwide?

Sue[/quote']

On US sailing we have to use our smuggled-onboard irons to heat our water for tea.

They just added them to the Brilliance. We sailed on her 13-25 November and did not have them. However, we noticed them in boxes on the cabin steward's cart the day we were leaving. Too bad they hadn't added them before our cruise. (But then again, it meant we had to go to the Windjammer to make our tea where we could find desserts to go with our tea.)

We were on the same sailing and I 'found' the kettle for our room hiding behind the removable panel next to the fridge. I saw a paper cup in the gap between fridge and side panel as I was putting something in the fridge and investigated. There was a kettle, box with teabags/sugar/creamer and papercups. This was on the second to last day and as we had managed all cruise without brewing up in the cabin I wasn't going to bother to use it. We are back onboard next week, 5th Jan. so it is nice to know they are officially available to use now:)

The Brilliance is actually operated by RCI UK which is a subsidiary of RCI. It is the only RCI ship that is operated by this subsidiary. Thats probably why they are standard in the cabins because they are catering specifically to folks from the UK.

For some reason I am under the impression that Independence is operated by RCI/UK.

Archived