Bermuda in the fall...convince me!!

Danno

Seriously considering Burmuda on Zenith in late September...I understand there is no entertainment while in port, and it would seem that the ship is always in port. What is there to do in the evening??

Will I enjoy this cruise??

What is the demographic of the pax??

Will I see any of New York from the airport to the peir??

Any other advice from those who have done this route at this time of the season...

Dan

Century X1,Galaxy X2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Century Feb/05

Danno - we have done this trip 4 times but all in the summer. There is entertainment in port but it is "non professional" - meaning the cruiser talent show and another night involving audience participation run by the CD. In the summer on Wednesday nights there is a street fair held in Hamilton just off the ship and there are a few bars to visit for a few drinks icon_wink.gif

Airport to pier is not too exciting but the ride out of the harbor is spectacular! Unfortunately, since 9/11 it has lost treasured sights. The photo opp is beautiful.

Demographics - in the summer lots of families, I can't speak on the fall.

One thing - the waters can be a little rough so if you might be prone to seasickness just take preventive measures. You are not at sea too long so IMHO this is not too big a deal.

The island and the people are wonderful. Beautiful scenery and very friendly people. Don't miss this trip!

deb

OK Danno...I wrote to you asking for help in convincing ME to go on the Horizon..You never wrote back icon_frown.gif So, I convinced MYSELF. Now we're gonna be the fun ship! I'm with my friend Diane, Lois, Ruthann, and several couples. Think of all the women you will have fawning all over you icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

danno 2 words:

HURRICAN SEASON

i hate to see you spending your holiday in new england/canada. not that there is anything wrong with that but i assume if you are intending bermuda you are looking for fun in the sun not fall foliage

I loved going in Sept. It was like stealing an extra week of summer. And the fares were lower, a plus for me. Of course any money I saved was spent while on the ship. Lets see, less children, a more mature crowd. Not sure how much of a party animal you are. We always had a good time closing the disco. How could you not enjoy this cruise? Unless of course it gets diverted to New England and Canada. No offense but I doubt you'd want to spend all that money for a ride back home. Or so I hear. And what are the odds it would happen again? ~Tam

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 10s nut:

OK Danno...I wrote to you asking for help in convincing ME to go on the Horizon..You never wrote back icon_frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really?? I have tried to reply on any and all emails )I don't really get very many fron CC folks). If I inadvertantly missed it...my profound apologies!!

Dan

Century Feb/05

duck...it may be hurricane season...that is why the prices are so good icon_biggrin.gif.

And you take a chance doing anything these days.

Figure if it is my time to go...at least I will be on my vacation of choice icon_wink.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

Duck...it's then or not at all!! I realize it's a roll of the dice but I'll make that decision with my eyes wide open and I promise not to whine if it goes sour icon_smile.gif.

Dan

Century Feb/05

Ice wine??? Wait a minute, does that come with a straw for three???

Ya know, I just looked over all of my sent messages and Danno, yours wasn't among them. I had clicked on your email address (when CC hadn't deleted them!)and sent it from here. So now I can blame CC for the mistake!

Seriously, we would love to have you. icon_smile.gif

Lois...

A few reasons I want to try Zenith from NY...I have never been to NY city, It's a really easy flight from TOronto, I would love to experience Zenith, Duck is from NY and he'll pick me up at the airport and I can stay at his house icon_wink.gif,and it's a 7 day vs 6 day cruise.

The only problem I'm having a dealing with a bit a guilt that is attached to taking 2 cruises in one year... icon_frown.gif.

Dan

Century Feb/05

Dan...the cruise we are going on is 7 nights...Sept 18th till the 25th...

But I can surely understand if you have never been to the BIG APPLE...I wouldn't try to convince you otherwise. It is one of my favorite cities in the WORLD icon_biggrin.gif.

And you have NOTHING to feel guilty about...if you are able to swing it...you work hard and guilt really serves no purpose..(this coming from a Jewish gal LOL).

Enjoy yourself..whichever one you decide to do!

I can only say...Sept. 18th is a 7 day cruise..OR I am on the wrong ship! I know what you mean about the NYC thing though. Would love to experience that.

I am sure you will get over the guilt...LOL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lois R:

...you work hard and guilt really serves no purpose..(this coming from a Jewish gal LOL).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm Catholic...we perfected guilt!!

Sorry...you're right they are both seven days!!

Once my wife confirms her work obligations I can begin to narrow down a date...my heart says last sailing in Sept but that may change.

Dan

Century Feb/05

Danno - 1 cruise per year is really just not enough, 2 per year is a little better but 3 per year is really living!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

If you do 2 this year you are starting to work your way up there - you won't regret it.

We have not been to Bermuda (one of these days I hope) but have very good friend who worked in Bermuda and in his opinion it is nice and warm until at least mid October and sometimes more.

Go for it!!!!

Mary Lou

On the bus from LGA to the peir...would I see anything of New York City?? I can't spend a night in NY, much as I would love to, but I would at least like to have a glimpse of the city...or not.

Dan

Century Feb/05

Last year, the week of Sept 19th, in Bermuda was in the 80"s..The island is beautiful, the people very nice and you will not find anyone bugging you to buy things..Since we drive to NY, I can not comment on seeing the city from the air. If you want to see a bit of it, you should spend at least one night. I must say, thee is nothing better than sailing by Lady Liberty! icon_biggrin.gif

danno

depending on your arrival time i will gladly pick you up from the airport. in fact if you can add a day to either the front or back of your cruise we should get together.

from lga to pier.....lets see. if the bus goes via the brooklyn queens expwy (lga is in queens) the you will enter nyc from downtown and travel up the west side to the pier. some stuff to see. you will pass by the trade center hole if the bus goes through battery tunnel pier is next to the intrepid land and sea museum.

let me know if you need anything. you are welcome to stay by my house but remeber i am transplanted to pa....not very close to the pier.

if you do decide to stay over dont stay at an airport hotel....nothing to do there and you will need cabs for everything. stay at the hudson hotel on w58. not far from the theater district and literally walking distance from the pier

Duck...thanks for the offer, if I can free up a day it would be great to get together for a coffee...Once we have made these plans solid I'll let you know.

Again thanks and I'm starting to think I have a chance of making this happen...the next 7 days should tell the story.

Dan

Century Feb/05

[This message was edited by Danno on 04-06-04 at 03:03 PM.]

There is no possible way that you ladies could be so hard up that you have to lure a 45 year old, slightly overweight, near sighted, balding Canadian a 1000 miles to join you icon_biggrin.gif.

Besides, flying to NY is easy...flying to Norfolk is...where is Norfolk icon_confused.gif??

Dan

Century Feb/05

oh Danno. icon_smile.gif....Norfolk...Virginia...ouch..it is right near Washington DC...that probably hurt our cruisers who live in that area icon_wink.gif.

We always like to be near a good man Dan..you probably look awesome too icon_biggrin.gif and balding can be very sexy!

Archived