Bermuda in the fall...convince me!!

Danno

Re Norfolk...sorry, it's a cultural thing. And I can't name all 50 states nor their capitals!! What it gets down to is I am really interested in see Zenith and being able to say I was in New York...mind you , you ladies do make it a tougher decision.

Oh...for all I may be, confident, friendly, happy, proud,..."sexy" might be a stretch icon_eek.gif.

Dan

Century X1,Galaxy X2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Century Feb/05

danno

new game plan......i pick you up at lga. we go to hotel ditch the wifester. the we drive 4 hrs south to va. maybe we get lucky icon_biggrin.gif. the best part is you can tell the wifester its all mt fault and you are in the clear.

Ok...let me get this straight...I get picked up by a homicide detective, taken on a 4 hour drive, and my wife won't suspect a thing when (if?) I return. Your criminals must be WAY stupider than our criminals to fall for that "maybe we get lucky" line.

I watch LAW&ORDER too you know...not even if you were Lenny Briscoe!! You aren't, are you?? icon_wink.gif

Dan

Century Feb/05

Sorry DUCK...Lois and her group are considering paying for my cruise so I'll have to see what evolves there before I commit to being abducted by one of NYC's finest.

On a more serious note...how far is the drive from LGA to the cruise ship terminal. If a hire a cab would I be able to take a more round about route and perhaps see a bit of the city?? Could I stop and get a slice of REAL New York pizza?? Is this a bad idea?? Why do I feel like the country mouse going to the city??

Dan

Century Feb/05

danno

most nyc cabbies would love to take you the round about way. i guess if you are early once in nyc ask for a little tour. the meter is running so the cabby wont mind. there are several good pizzerias in ny as you could imagine. being a brooklyn boy i am partial to several in brooklyn. in little italy (nyc) you have johns which is good. forget rays, its not very good in my opinion.

what day of the week do you sail? if it is during the week i will be happy to pick you (in an unofficial capacity). we can grab a slice look around and off to the pier. let me know.

if you crash in nyc for an evening we can do dinner/drinks and if you are interested in attending a broadway show let me know which one and i will gladly pickup the tix for you and the mrs.

DUCK...It's a Sat to Sat and I expect to fly in from Toronto Sat a.m. so my ride from the airport to the peir will be my only chance to see any part of NYC. I'll have to fly right back after we disembark as the drive from Toronto home is about 4 hours.

My wife is still a bit iffy about this but I think I'm gaining ground icon_smile.gif.

Dan

Zenith Oct/05 (hoping!!)

Century Feb/05

Ruthann...you bet we can hang with them[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] we are the big girls [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img].
Danno....I agree with Don...the cabbie will be VERY GLAD to take you anywhere....that meter is
t i c k i n g.......the longer the ride..the more $$ he is making!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

hmmm...Danno..who said anything about the girls paying for your cruise? [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]...the invitation is open..but paying? You probably make twice what we do.... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]..if not more!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

Danno - back to the original question - "what's it like in Bermuda in September?" I did an NCL cruise in Sept. of 1996. It was the best of all the cruises that I've been on. Liked it so much that I'm going again, this may though. Weather was very nice in the 80's. Water temp. was very comfortable. The seas were a bit rocky (in between hurricanes). I found it soothing to sleep to others it made them sick. Confirming what Zurmolly said, the entertainment is the ship's staff but was still good. One of the best things about this cruise is that because you are docked for so long, you truly get to see the island, not just one beach as with other islands. Husband and I went and saw the entire island by moped during the day and went to some of the pubs in Hamilton at night. Bermuda is by far my favorite island with St. John's a closed second. Is it was already mentioned, there is nothing like sailing past the statue of liberty. We also went on September 18th in 1996 and as we passed the statue, the sun was setting behind her and it was truly a sight to behold. A little chilly the first night (bring a jacket) but after that, wonderful. Enjoy!

Carnival Ecstasy (93)
Carnival Holiday (94)
Carnival Fantasy (96 & 04)
Norwegian Dreamward (96)

Danno....I been on this cruise 6 times in Sept...Believe me when i tell you it is a GREAT cruise...Bermuda is wonderful in Sept..Although last year we got to go see Canada and Maine because of some stupid little Hurricane!!!!Which wasn't bad either,It was different to go north for once.

We enjoy Bermuda so much in Sept.,We are doing it again this year!!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

dreamward 1994
zenith 1996
norweigen 1998
zenith 2000
nordic empress 2002 ....zenith 2003....THE SEA IS SO GREAT...AND MY BOAT IS SO SMALL!!!

OK CG....I was going to pay for Danno's cruise but he doesn't want to sail with us...something about wanting to hang out with some woman with a torch in her hand??? Guess I'll have to find someone else [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

And, I too, LOVE THE SWIZZLE INN!!!

Danno - It seems to me that the question you REALLY want to ask is: CONVINCE MY WIFE!!

Meridian Bermuda 1996
Century E Caribbean 1997
Century W Caribbean 1998
Zenith Bermuda 1999
Galaxy So Caribbean 2000
Galaxy So Caribbean 2001
Zenith Bermuda 2002
Mercury W Caribbean 2002
Constellation S Caribbean 2003
Infinity Hawaii 2004

Archived