Does anybody know where this pic was taken??

9855donna

My boys & I had a lot of fun going down that blue slide in August! It's neat to see pics of places I've been when I visit CC!

It looks like alot of fun.I wouldn't mind trying that myself!

Thanks BonnieVA and Ally22 for your replies!:)

Sigh, Half Moon Cay - sure wish we were there now; it finally warmed up to -23 today, the warmest temps in almost 3 weeks. Yep, wish we were on Half Moon Cay at the 'Wish I Could Stay Here Forever' bar!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Sigh, Half Moon Cay - sure wish we were there now; it finally warmed up to -23 today, the warmest temps in almost 3 weeks. Yep, wish we were on Half Moon Cay at the 'Wish I Could Stay Here Forever' bar!

ger_77 That is cold!!! Temp was 83 today in central Texas. Stay warm.

MicksMom

Oh that sounds soooo nice.Wish I were there too!Is that the real name of the bar? The "Wish I could Stay Here Forever"?!!Any favorite tropical

concoctions?

That's not so bad. That was -23 celsius, which is only -9F. See? LOL

Danj, the welcome mat is out for you to come and stay for a few weeks and "enjoy" the temperatures. You poor folks are suffering with +3C or 37C right now; we haven't had above freezing temps since late October.

9855donna: yes, that is the real name of the bar - I don't know who named it as such, but it is sooo appropriate! They make a great fresh strawberry marguerita on Half Moon Cay, not the frozen mix stuff. Yummm.

As the others have said, that is the Oasis at Half Moon Cay. It is HAL's private Island in the Bahamas. Used to be called Little San Salvador. The island closest to it is Eleuthra and locals from there are caretakers, life guards etc at Half Moon Cay. (Pronounced 'key').

The Oasis is offered as a shore excursion and can accomodate 12+ people. It comes with amazing service and fabulous extras. Excellent for a large family traveling together or a group of couples who can share the cost.

We were there a week ago and it was glorious. Definitely a slice of Paradise on earth.

I head away from the tender port area when I'm there. I'm not much of a "beach" person, but I just sailed Fascination specifally so I could return to HMC. It is paradise!

2297021620102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

We took the first tender, reserved a clamshell in front of Cabana #8, did the horseback ride & swim at 10, back just in time for the lunch buffet to open (the jerk chicken was excellent), then sat and read and went for a swim. Water was very cool, but there was just no way I wasn't going in!

You can hear the surf in this one. It was about 8:30 am.

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3091854590102755439KSPonN

2440782660102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

Every time I write to Carnival, I tell them they need to add it to more itineraries. At least now that they're moving Pride to Baltimore, that's another option. I just have a hard time justifying the expense of an east coast sailing that "just" goes to the Bahamas. I can drive the 7 hours to Jax and get to HMC. We had a super rate on this past cruise, and I had a couple of OBCs from various things. I always take inside cabins on short cruises, so it ended up costing about $45 pp per night. Really can't beat that!

Of course the prices are back up, and I already have something booked for next December. But somehow, some way, I'll get back there. Sooner rather than later, I hope!

It truly is a fabulous place.

Archived