Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn of South America

glgolfer

12 January 2009

Forgot to mention the C&A gift was the ball cap again. Then last night we got gold rectangular pins showing Port Canaveral, Florida; Rio and Valparaiso, South America and Los Angeles.

The pin also has Mariner of the Seas along the bottom.

Current position is 6 degrees 31 minutes N and 50 degrees 40 minutes W. Heading is 125 degrees and speed is 19 knots.

Ordered room service breakfast today for between 0800 and 0830.

Our golf tournament is scheduled for today at 1000, but there seems to be a conflict with a tournament the CD scheduled even though he said we could have that time by ourselves.

Len will be checking that out.

1300 poker and then the group photo by the ship’s photographer on the basketball court at 1600.

Skipping the golf tournament this leg. Back & legs bothering me. Just found out the golf was canceled due to high winds. The wind would move the ball the length of the hole by itself.

Found out duck is on the menu tonight.

Lunch in the dining room. The leek soup was perfect.

Too windy for the ship’s photographer, group picture sort of cancelled. Patrick took pictures of anyone who showed up.

Dinner was good.

Tired, back to the cabin.

Tomorrow, the slot pull. Then a tour of the bridge.

For some dumb reason the website that shows just where the ship is and where it's going to won't let you copy the website and paste it on here.

I'll try this one more time before I give up.

Anyone interested can go to the site and look for SHIPS and then find the Mariner of the Seas and click on it and then look for a line that says CURRENT POSITION. Click on that and you'll see a great clear picture of just where the ship is now and where the NEXT stop is.

Look for Karte....Satellit....& ...Hybrid and you can change back and forth to see which one you like best. You can also left click your mouse and move the map around too.

I tried to COPY and PASTE the website here, but it just x's out the full website. Bummer.

Thats because you are NOT allowed to mention that on here............against CC guidelines......ITs a TA!

Enjoying reading all the posts on here..........

13 January 2009

Day 10 already. None of us is ready for it to be day 10 and so many days into the cruise.

Hit a slot machine for a good number today. Put some back and kept some.

Did not eat breakfast or lunch. Not hungry. Talked to some Australians that boarded in St Maarten. 63 was about the right number with 20+ just saying forget it and going home.

Slot pull at 1300. 76 showed up out of a 100 signed up. Used a $1 slot that used 5 credits so it wouldn’t take so long. Put in $1520 and go $1553 back,

Everybody got their money back and we have seed money for the next leg.

1500 we had a bridge tour. The only downside was it was during the crossing the equator ceremony (even though we wouldn’t do the crossing until 1900 or so.

Captain Johnny came on the bridge during our tour in his King Neptune costume.

We heard the ceremony consisted of having trials, declaring people guilty and throwing them in the pool.

Crossed while we were at dinner. Dinner tonight was clam chowder, apple soup, lamb osso bucho and ice cream sherbet. Everything was good.

Not a lot going on for us tonight. Ice show for those that didn’t see it the other night and the Love and Marriage show.

Music around the ship in various venues.

Seas relatively calm. Position is 006 degrees, 24.42 minutes S, 041 degrees, 17.82 minutes W, course 124 degrees, 17.9 knots, wind 34 + mph..

Paul the ceremony for crossing the equator on your ship was most likely very cute and funny, but NOTHING like when my hubby crossed it on a Navy Ship. Yikes what they don't do to the first time crossers is unreal. I got to see pictures and it was gross!! :eek:

How was the Lamb dish?? I love lamb.

PH: Thanks for pointing out that the "tracking site" that I posted was "x'd" out because it's a Travel Agency. :eek: All I ever saw was the map and where the ships are at a certain time.

Eddie passed it on to me and I thought I would share it. It has great satellite pictures. Some people have copied it and have it in their favorites so it's NO BIGGY.

Not being a "cruiser" I wouldn't have a clue as to which sites are TA's and which aren't. :confused:

PH: Thanks for pointing out that the "tracking site" that I posted was "x'd" out because it's a Travel Agency. :eek: All I ever saw was the map and where the ships are at a certain time.

Eddie passed it on to me and I thought I would share it. It has great satellite pictures. Some people have copied it and have it in their favorites so it's NO BIGGY.

Not being a "cruiser" I wouldn't have a clue as to which sites are TA's and which aren't. :confused:

That site has been around the boards for quite a long time now and whenever it gets mentioned,the post gets pulled and/or people have been banned for it..........word of warning..

I'm glad to see that Paul could post yesterday!! Sounds like a pretty casual day.

Paul...........I hope someone got a few pictures of Captain Johnny in his King Neptune costume!!:D

Maybe, becuase of what he was wearing, everyone that joined him for dinner while crossing the Equator were made to dress formally!! I don't know how many Captain Johnny invited to join him in Chops, but Bobbie was complaining that the dress code to dine with him last night was "formal"!

I thought from the site that I have been following the ship.......that she crossed around noon.

Congratulations everyone on the slot pull.........for getting all of your money back.;)

Rick

We don't wear any jewelry ashore. I have a cloth bag I wear around my neck under my shirt with everything in it. Nothing in my pockets.

one tip was to buy the bracelets the kids sell and you won't get bothered. We'll see if that works.

We actually crossed around 1900 last night.

Paul I have a question........I am tracking the Mariner and it looks like she is sailing fairly close to land.....can you see land?

I am guessing you're about 4 - 5 miles off shore.

Thanks for your awesome reports!!

Linda.......if they could see anything it would be lights. It's been dark there for a couple of hours.

Sorry to but in.....:D:D

It's like I have nothing better to do for the next 19 days till I board!!:D Especially with my better half enjoying herself with Paul and others.;)

Rick

It's like I have nothing better to do for the next 19 days till I board!!:D Especially with my better half enjoying herself with Paul and others.;) Rick

It's OK Rick, I know how you feel...the last 7 days have been very hard for me and I still have 7 more to go before I see that lovely white profile moored alongside, begging me to board, which I will...and it'll feel soooooooooo good!

Rick: What a nice guy you are to let your Wife have some "Alone Time" on this long cruise!! I guess someone had to stay back and bring home the "bacon".

Hubby and I are staying in Scottsdale,AZ for the month of Feb and 1 week into March. Can't wait to get there. I keep looking at your weather every day.

Enjoy your cruise.

Rick: What a nice guy you are to let your Wife have some "Alone Time" on this long cruise!! I guess someone had to stay back and bring home the "bacon".

Hubby and I are staying in Scottsdale,AZ for the month of Feb and 1 week into March. Can't wait to get there. I keep looking at your weather every day.

Enjoy your cruise.

It's FINALLY starting to warm up here!! I realize that it's not Michigan, but we have been having our highs in the low 60's..........and now we are over 70!!:)

I'm headed west and south on January 30th. January is one of our busiest months, and I elected to stay home and help my business partner.

I would love to be flying off to Rio on Saturday to surprise Bobbie......but we will just have to wait till Valparaiso. We have been invited to the single night pre inaugural, so will stay aboard one more night. With everything.........it's still almost 3 weeks away......and right now, that will have to suffice!!

Like the rest of you.........I get to live vicariously thru Cruise Critic, and Paul and Carols posts, and Bobbie's almost daily emails!!;)

Rick

Paul I have a question........I am tracking the Mariner and it looks like she is sailing fairly close to land.....can you see land?

I am guessing you're about 4 - 5 miles off shore.

Thanks for your awesome reports!!

Our cabin is on the port side and I have not looked to see if we can see land to starboard. I'll do that today.

Archived