LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

I would tend to believe the info you are getting is more accurate than my e-mail.

I specifically asked what Capt will be on our Feb 22 cruise.

Someday I'll get the famous Capt Johnny.

Laura

I agree that those who are going on vacation have a better clue about when than those in Miami who are not in staffing. I guess you will miss him... I hear so much good about Captain Johnny I am excited to meet him. Captain Partik on Voyager was great to meet, and I also like Captain Ron from Adventure. I wonder if he will stay with her in Europe.

Is that Harry? She always talks about Harry, when she is on the radio (KGO). She sounds like such a funny and fun lady. :)

Since Carol lives here at Modesto, she is always popping in on events around town and then it gets written up in the paper. They entertaining at a nursing home a while back. Everyone loved them.

They sound like a fun couple.

CV Bill

I tried to post this last night...

If you run in to WOODY.... Please tell him that all of us over on the PC REPO thread miss him and we want him to come back!!! (and that he owes me a postcard for every place he went!!!

Tell him Michelle, Tink rules says Hi!

Just wanted to say thanks to Carol and Rick and all the others that have made reading this thread so enjoyable!! I have followed since day 1 and feel very sad that it is coming to an end. With the devastation that has been happening in my state recently it is has been the high light of my day reading all the exciting things you have been up to!

Safe sailing!

Carly

The cat is staying with my substitute teacher.

My daughter is in England in school.

My son is in Spain in school.

There's no one in Merion to be homesick FOR.

:)

Carol,

I'm so disappointed that you don't miss me. I miss you. Can't wait to get together for lunch to see your pictures and hear your stories.

Does she plan to get her Doctorate and teach? Sveral of the the meterologists with higher degrees are on TV in big markets as well.

I enjoyed my Meterology and Climatology classes, both were elective courses for me, but as a weather spotter (Skywarn) those subjects are a lot of fun, at least for me. It is useful with ranching as well.

Safe sailing!

She hopes to get a job with her MS degree. With luck, an employer would pay for her further education then. ;)

Carol, I just heard that the Nelson Brothers are going to be on the 4/19. :D Oh pleasepleasepleaseplease introduce me!!:o

OMG, are you SERIOUS?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I tried to post this last night...

If you run in to WOODY.... Please tell him that all of us over on the PC REPO thread miss him and we want him to come back!!! (and that he owes me a postcard for every place he went!!!

Tell him Michelle, Tink rules says Hi!

Which Woody? We have TWO!

Today was hot and sunny. Frankly, the weather on this entire trip has been outstanding.

Ten of us grabbed a van and driver at the port, and took off to see Acapulco. Antonio drove us all over, showing us different sections of the city, and the spectacular "stars' houses". We saw the home of Julio Iglesias and Sylvester Stallone, to name a couple.

We also saw the (now run-down and decrepit) Hotel Casablanca, where Elvis stayed and filmed the movie, "Fun in Acapulco".

Then we went to the Hotel Mirador to watch the cliff divers. AMAZING. I loved the performance. My camera died after the first half hour, so I'll have to rely on the photos that Roy took, and they are amazing. I'll post them when I get home and he sends them to me.

We had a marginal lunch there, too - it's required. You pay a set amount, and it includes payment for the divers and a lunch with one drink. The sangria sounded good to me.

NOT.

It was some cheap red wine poured over the top of sour mix. UGH.

But I survived.

We stopped at the "flea market", where merchandise was standard and predictable and prices were outlandish, and no one seemed to acknowledge this with a willingness to bargain and lower them to a reasonable level.

We also stopped at a Farmacia. Our motto: better living through chemistry.

Many people are still sick, some for a second time. Everyone is "self-medicating" by buying antibiotics like amoxycillin on shore.

Picture a typical day on any RC cruise ship. You go to the elevator lobby to hit the button and get an elevator to the deck of your destination. You glance around to see where the four elevators currently are.

Generally, you will see a random selection of numbers lit up.

These days, it's not unusual to see one, two, three or all four elevators showing "1".

There is only one thing on Deck 1 for passengers.

The infirmary.

It was a very nice sea day.

Most people are better or getting better. There are a few new cases of galloping crud, but the wave seems to be subsiding.

The "Film Festival" is really ramping up. Today we were treated to a brand new film, a documentary/full-length feature film called Gotta Dance. It's the story of the seniors' dance team of the NJ Nets. The director and dance coach are on board. (as a matter of fact, the director and her kids played trivia with us tonight - really nice kids!)

Carol Channing is reportedly already on board, but I am not among those who have reported spotting her. Cloris left us in Costa Rica.

Tonight was the Liars Club. It was HILARIOUS. The three "panelists" were Abe (the cruise director), Simeon (a member of the CD's staff) and Captain Johnny himself.

It was extremely ribald and funny. Katie (activities manager) hosted, and it was just side-splitting. Let's see if I can remember the words: whisterpoop, *s*h*i*ttah, kakkerlak and cockermouth.

Just let those roll around in your mind and your mouth for a while. :D

I was wrong, and the rumor-mongers were wrong. I spoke with Jacinta today, and she said that Carol Channing just came aboard in Acapulco.

I think that I forgot to tell you yesterday about a "special" trivia.

Melissa Broome, the Loyalty Ambassador (what a thankless job, particular on THIS cruise, with THESE passengers!!!!), made up a quiz of Royal Caribbean questions.

WE WON. (of course). Extra-special prizes. (they have been giving out the stupid plastic pens - the ones that they use at Guest Relations and everyone has in the cabin's desk/vanity drawer!!!) We received the beach bag/beach mat thingie, flashlights, calendar/clock thingie, and real metal pens. (why do I now think that I told you this already?!?!?!)

Melissa Broome, the Loyalty Ambassador (what a thankless job, particular on THIS cruise, with THESE passengers!!!!), made up a quiz of Royal Caribbean questions.

WE WON. (of course). Extra-special prizes. (they have been giving out the stupid plastic pens - the ones that they use at Guest Relations and everyone has in the cabin's desk/vanity drawer!!!) We received the beach bag/beach mat thingie, flashlights, calendar/clock thingie, and real metal pens. (why do I now think that I told you this already?!?!?!)

Congratulations, tho I would be really disappointed if Carol's team lost a RCI trivia quiz.

it seems hard to believe this but your long trail is about to end and it's back to reality or at least europe ...carol it has been an absolute pleasure reading about your trails the last 53 days and the ups and downs that have come before you and the family..,.you have gone way over the top and i would like to give my hearty sincere thanks for keeping all of us going during these cold january and february days...enjoy your last 3 days on the mariner and safe travel back to pennsylvania and then to europe to see those kids...WE WILL BE ON THE MARINER 3-15--2009...

it seems hard to believe this but your long trail is about to end and it's back to reality or at least europe ...carol it has been an absolute pleasure reading about your trails the last 53 days and the ups and downs that have come before you and the family..,.you have gone way over the top and i would like to give my hearty sincere thanks for keeping all of us going during these cold january and february days...enjoy your last 3 days on the mariner and safe travel back to pennsylvania and then to europe to see those kids...WE WILL BE ON THE MARINER 3-15--2009...

Hear Hear!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Carol - I have thoroughly enjoyed this!! Thank you for being so willing to take time out of your experience to share with us! Pete & I are boarding the day you get into San Pedro. We fly down Wednesday night. Not sure if we will see you when you disembark. But have a nice safe flight home!! I can't wait to see all of your pictures!

Carol, I know this may not be exciting for you (you always go to sleep so darn late), but ask Captain Johnny if, indeed, the ship will be coming into Port AFT first. Yup, AFT first. I heard this from Captain Per in November, and would like to know if this is still the plan. :) What a site it would be to see this from the dock. It will be in the wee hours of the morning though.:eek:

Congratulations Carol and Team! We wouldn't expect anything less.:D

Carol, I know this may not be exciting for you (you always go to sleep so darn late), but ask Captain Johnny if, indeed, the ship will be coming into Port AFT first. Yup, AFT first. I heard this from Captain Per in November, and would like to know if this is still the plan. :) What a site it would be to see this from the dock. It will be in the wee hours of the morning though.:eek:
Capitan Johnny told me this also he went to Simulator training to practice doing this during his last break.

Archived